Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Lor'themar Theron's new Voice.. or voices? [Spoilers]

PATCH 5.2 SPOILERS LOL

Blizzard, why do you torment me so? You gave Lor'themar THIS bad ass voice.

Then turned around in 5.2 and made him sound like -this- ..

I was so proud of you for a little bit, there. You actually got a good, stand out voice actor for Lor'themar that made him more than just the average Sin'dorei. And ya' bunged it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oks... i feel quite stupid but.... isn't that the same voices? but in the first video he's angry that's why he sound different..., well at least for me is the same and i like he's voice.
    Last edited by Maxilian; 2013-01-17 at 03:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apart from the fact that the voice is almost the same...I dont follow, I still freaking love his voice. Very special from your average Elf.

Sounds like the same voice to me, just has more of an accent this time.

How could those -possibly- be the same voice?

15+ Year Old Account
    Could be the same voice actor but the voice on the second one is radically different accent-wise from the first.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like the voice is the same it's just the decibile level is higher. The higher level of tone alters your voice. We all sound different when we raise our voices or when we're calm.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Sounds like his accent got a bit stronger, though sounds similar enough to me.. quite like the commanding tones.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

I.. frankly have no idea how any of you can find any correlation between the two voices, but okay.

Can we remove the [Generic Blood Elf Accent] then? Thanks.

Deleted
    If not compared with the angry voice, then yes, these voice samples sound totally different when they are calm. But it could still be the same actor, it's really hard to tell.

deffo not the same voices.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the second one better.
    #boycottchina

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It sounds the same, but as many peeps have said, the accent is stronger. Also, he sounds better and less generic!

10+ Year Old Account
    The first one never went live beyond the greetings/farewells. They changed his VA to the guy in the second and rerecorded all of his lines (greetings/farewells included) before 5.1.

I vastly prefer the second one. He sounds cool and collected with a dose of passion.

Plus, this one can pronounce "Quel'Thalas."

Definitely prefer the new one.

Then again, I'm a fan of the voice actor in general. Fenris was one of my favourite characters in Dragon Age 2.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0256297/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W0d2ADi4q0 (minor Dragon Age 2 spoilers, beware), identical voice!

It really doesn't sound the same, but it's still a good voice.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    I LOVE the new voice, his voice kinda reminds me of Ser Jorah Mormont (Game of Thrones).

I do like the voice actor a very strong British accent coming through me thinks! (in the 2nd clip)

Still hes flipping benches!

Deleted
    Wasn't the new noice implemented in 5.1? He already sounds like this. And it's the same guy who voiced FENRIS from Dragon Age 2!! ^.^ I actually find that awesome! The old voice sounded far too typical of Blood Elves. The new voice is rugged, but also sounds elvish. (And having a british-accented leader on the Horde is epic as well.)

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    The first one never went live beyond the greetings/farewells. They changed his VA to the guy in the second and rerecorded all of his lines (greetings/farewells included) before 5.1.

I vastly prefer the second one. He sounds cool and collected with a dose of passion.

Plus, this one can pronounce "Quel'Thalas."
    I kind of have to agree. The first one didn't sound bad, it just didn't sound like a BE. It didn't have any of the 'refined' quality that I would expect of a BE, especially the BE LEADER.