Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

reputation championing is back, but not as you know it

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...k-rep-tabards/

Originally Posted by Draztal
    For 5.2 you will be able to champion a faction and earn rep with them on your first heroic and scenario of the day
    thoughts on this? seems like a nice extra. it'll probably be as an alternative to doing dailies that day.

Seems nice, but only on your first Heroic / Scenario seems lame. Should be you can only earn a certain amount of reputation a day, which would limit the rate you push forward, but be more flexible.

10+ Year Old Account
    We'll have to wait and see. I imagine you'll be able to run a dungeon and do a scenario for rep and then if you wish to do some more you can do some dailies. If that's how it works, it's a decent compromise.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Seems nice, but only on your first Heroic / Scenario seems lame. Should be you can only earn a certain amount of reputation a day, which would limit the rate you push forward, but be more flexible.

its a nice chance but it would be even nicer if they did it like the valor from hcs in cata, where you could get a weeks worth in one day, but then none for the rest of the week. would make me happy. but this is a welcome change.

It seems that they're forging a compromise between the fact that people did like the Championing system and the fact that they want to use rate of rep gain for gating purposes. This might not really be all that cool in reality because they simply could design the rate of rep gain for a faction around assuming maximum championing per day.

Deleted
    Great for that final stretch between Revered and Exalted where it's that final push for vanity items.

Could the community be anything but negative? Begging for any alternative to dailies and here it is now this is "lame" Come on.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Could the community be anything but negative? Begging for any alternative to dailies and here it is now this is "lame" Come on.
    Excuse me? I don't personally think a change goes far enough, so I am being negative? I don't like the current reputation gating system, or the dailies gating system.

I want the game to be more open, flexible and you should be able to gain reputation for many, many other things. I'd personally like to see it so we can Champion a Faction, and what we do around the world, doing quests, events, dailies, heroics and much more go towards that reputation, but make it much cooler then a silly tabard.

Still dosen't do much. I'm hoping 5.3 will bring back wow's real grinds. The once that you can do at you're own speed, wearing no tabard for it, not questing for or daylies.

I miss grinds like goblin rep, Winterspring, Argent Dawn, Cenarion Circle and so on. Yes there a pure mob kill grind, but thats totally fine for me. I did loads off thoes, and never minded it. I was exalted with Argent Dawn inn classic wow as a druid, and that was totally fine spending so much time on killing stuff.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Excuse me? I don't personally think a change goes far enough, so I am being negative? I don't like the current reputation gating system, or the dailies gating system.

I want the game to be more open, flexible and you should be able to gain reputation for many, many other things. I'd personally like to see it so we can Champion a Faction, and what we do around the world, doing quests, events, dailies, heroics and much more go towards that reputation, but make it much cooler then a silly tabard.
    you mean, like, everything?

"hey, Klaxxi, I just played catch with my dragonling, how about them rep?"

or

"Shado-pan, I just gathered 10 ears of my foes, can I get that tiger now?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends how nice Blizzard is and how much rep we get from it.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The real question is, will it grant you a fixed about of rep at the end of the run, or it it from killing mobs and bosses like normal?

If it's the latter everyone will just run whichever instance gives the most rep every day.

I agree about the flexibility issue. I think that having a reputation cap for each day and being able to reach it in multiple different ways would be a good solution, though risking one of the paths becoming the "go-to" capping method for everyone.

I hate how they stop our progress I really wish they would just let us gain as much rep,valor, and conquest as we want each week. If someone doesn't play as much they really don't deserve the reward.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    you mean, like, everything?

"hey, Klaxxi, I just played catch with my dragonling, how about them rep?"

or

"Shado-pan, I just gathered 10 ears of my foes, can I get that tiger now?"
    Yes, but it is done in a rather more enjoyable way then that.

Championing a Faction would require you to complete a "Test" for that faction on a daily basis, and once done, you'd be bestowed with a rather cool visual (Flag, Cloak, Glow, Tabard, Helmet, Something) that showed which faction you're representing.

Based on what you're representing, the quests in the world will change, and what you're doing is actually for the faction you're championing.

"Ahhh! You've gathered the crops I needed! Thank you! I'll be sure to tell Grand Master Mr Toodles (Faction Leader) of your assistance with us. Thank you!" You'd then need to return to the faction leader, or in some way interact again with the faction you're championing to get the bonuses and rewards. Making you interact with the faction you're representing should be vital!

But I don't want to have to do dailies all the time. I know for a fact that I'm the 5,687,834th person to do this quest, and next week it'll come around again! Although, that is an issue with the Quest / Daily design altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    I personally preferred the "7 heroics a week"-idea as well, it amounts to the same result in the long run, but allows players who can't log on every day (But log on for longer periods of time the days they do log on) to get the same result over a week...

The mere fact that you can be able to "champion" a faction is ludicrous to begin with. Factions only give a shit about what's happening in dungeons that concern them. It made no sense in Cataclysm, and it makes no sense now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    The mere fact that you can be able to "champion" a faction is ludicrous to begin with. Factions only give a shit about what's happening in dungeons that concern them. It made no sense in Cataclysm, and it makes no sense now.
    Actually, I think it makes sense, and here is why (be warned, my reasoning utilizes the dangerous tactic of real-world-comparison):
    Think of it like how advertising works, like Coca Cola Company sponsoring sports events, norwegian skier Petter Northug jr. being sponsored by Red Bull etc.: It's the company's way of giving the impression that they care about something important, which in turn makes the public like them more (in a perfect world). So when you put on a Darkspear Troll tabard and obliterate Violet Hold, it's like saying "Hey! The trolls would rather these guys remain imprisoned, too!".

At least, that's how I always rationalized it to myself :P Personally, I prefer turn-in quests, and I know I'm in the minority on that.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

if we can earn 1000 to 2000 rep with 1 faction, i would welcome that. it will be slower most likely when doing daily crap shit boring dull quests. but im fine with that.
    even when it is just 1k rep. you know after some time doing a daily dungeon, you know after x amount of days i can buy my VP item i wanted so badly!
    and not grind daily yada quest.

Player: "I hate dailies and I want options"

Blizz: "Ok, you can run heroics / PvP / world bosses / scenarios / craft items / LFR"

Player: "I hate dailies and I want more options"

Blizz: "Ok, here's a coin that works for you AND all of the alts on your realm."

Player: "I hate dailies and I want more options"

Blizz: "Ok, you can now also get some free rep on your first Heroic / Scenario"

Player: "Blizz, you suck. You never listen. We demand more cause we're entitled to it for all the money we pay and time we spend!"

Blizz: " /sigh "

On Topic: I like it. It is a nice bonus and should help out some for those who hate dailies.