Poll: Dating people with a handicap.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Handicapped myself btw.
    I'm changing my answer. It depends on the handicap, the person, and the beard. Awesome beards make everything better!
    [22:14] <+Lia> And why is Ruken molesting trees?
    [22:14] <@Rukentuts> Because they give me wood.
    [22:14] <+Lia> ...
    [22:14] <+Lia> worst pun ever
    [22:15] * Rukentuts boughs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liagala View Post
    I'm changing my answer. It depends on the handicap, the person, and the beard. Awesome beards make everything better!
    did not know you could change your answer.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    depends on the handicap and person

Just to clarify to anyone who feels bad, choosing no does NOT make you a bad person at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liagala View Post
    Haha Have to remember to use that on some dating site, "I'm handicapped but my beard makes up for it!"

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 10:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Darthcullen View Post
    Just to clarify to anyone who feels bad, choosing no does NOT make you a bad person at all.
    Agreed, although dumping the one you love after they become handicapped is kind of a douchemove and superficial.

Deleted
    It depends. The only thing i would accept is the person being deaf.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to be shallow and say no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Probably not,

Nah.

Bitches be crazy enough without additional issues to deal with.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

I don't see myself in that position. If I saw a girl with a missing leg at the bar, I probably wouldn't end up talking to her anyway. If I was in a serious relationship, and my partner lost a leg, I think it would be very shallow to leave her, because that's when she would need my support the most.

So I guess my answer is, that I wouldn't start dating someone with a physical handicap, but I wouldn't leave somoene if they got a severe injury.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you love who you love. That said, some handicaps will be tougher than others to overcome for some.

Personally, I sometimes can't handle medical deformities. I realize that it is completely absurd, but my mind just starts racing on about the details of the impairment. My head will just start spiraling out of control thinking about how it happened and what exactly happened. I have passed out just thinking about some minor wounds before, I shit you not. I think it may be anxiety related, but I really can't control it. Real blood, not on screen, especially freaks me the fuck out. So I think if there is blood loss involved I sort of process that....idk.
    I like sandwiches

I wouldn't have an issue if they had a physical handicap. Tried to date a girl who gets round in a wheel chair. She is physically active, smart. By the way she gets around, her chair was not a limit. She was a bit mental though. Got a verbal ass chewing because I bought her dinner for her birthday. Between that and other incidents, I would say anything on a serious mental level would be a deal breaker for me. I mean if they had a speech issue learning disorder, whatever, that wouldn't be a problem. But getting reamed for being nice for a special occasion? Yeah I'm just going to back off.

I'm not liking the choices.

I would not go into relationship with someone who is handicapped.
    However I would not divorce my wife if she becomes handicapped - since we're already married, and signed up for better or worse.

Deaf would be fine, blind would be really difficult... missing limbs well, depends on the limb and how bad it looks I guess.

It also depends quite a bit on the person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really know. I mean... If they're nice and I fall in love with them. Then yes. Although, I can't say if I will or not. My heart must decide.