Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Found this video on youtube, seems to be one of the first ones of the demo (as it got available today)

If you don't have a Wii U you can check this one out.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    3DS cannot go online, local hunts only.
    Ahh well looks like I'm saving up for a WiiU

I better save up! I'm going to buy this on day one!

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like there's going to be a patch post-release sometime in April that will add cross region play (EU and US) and allow off-TV play with the gamepad!

http://www.capcom-unity.com/dubindoh...nd-off-tv-play

15+ Year Old Account
    God i cant wait for this game to come out been a big MH fan (played tri so much it killed my wii) I bought my Wii U the day i heard MH3U was coming out on it and its pretty awesome that the game is coming out the day before my birthday (its like capcoms present to me)

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

I really cant wait for this. The harder wait though is Monster Hunter 4. i hope MH3U does well enough they localize it. i mean, they have localized every other MH except for MHDos and MHFrontier. And the reason MHP3rd didnlt get released is because they had a falling out with sony. Nintendo seems to be a much more willing partner. That Charge Axe and Bug Staff look sick as hell. Not too sure about the zombie mode though.

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 09:41 PM ----------

Monster hunter 3, y u only available on wii/3ds?!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SloveenEfsei View Post
    Monster hunter 3, y u only available on wii/3ds?!
    yeah why isnt every console game cross-platform.

So i played the demo (Havn't played any other monster hunters)
    And i was a little underwhelmed. Someone please tell me the game is more than just chasing a monster through a zone and leaving once its dead?

Can you customise your character? Im assuming the monsters get less hack n slashy? If you pick say, Dual swords are you tied to that weapon choice? Can you switch to a Two hander later on?
    I played the Wii u version. Not sure if the 3ds is different.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stocking View Post
    And i was a little underwhelmed. Someone please tell me the game is more than just chasing a monster through a zone and leaving once its dead?

Can you customise your character? Im assuming the monsters get less hack n slashy? If you pick say, Dual swords are you tied to that weapon choice? Can you switch to a Two hander later on?
    I would like to know the same, had the exact same experience as the above.

If anyone here is going to play it, Feel free to add my nintendo ID: Jholagian. I would love to hunt with you guys.

---------- Post added 2013-03-14 at 10:09 AM ----------

Bad news, looks like servers are going to be region locked (not really a surprise, but disappointing).

http://www.capcom-unity.com/monster_...on-locked?pg=1
    I don't think so, there is going to be an update shortly after its released. so we can play with other regions.

Look at the title of the thread you linked. Lol.
    Last edited by Jinouga; 2013-03-14 at 10:11 AM.

http://bit.ly/12e7MsQ <--- My New Monk Main

15+ Year Old Account

pretty much kill monsters to get parts to make new gear to fight bigger monsters(it's more fun playing with other people online), you can customize your character but it is a bit bare bones, you aren't locked into using just one weapon your character can use anything. Any skills your character has comes from the armor sets you use (blademaster armor for melee and gunner for bowguns/bows). only difference with the 3ds version is it only has locale co-op and no online mode.
    Last edited by Gutler; 2013-03-15 at 02:12 AM.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinouga View Post
    If anyone here is going to play it, Feel free to add my nintendo ID: Jholagian. I would love to hunt with you guys.

---------- Post added 2013-03-14 at 10:09 AM ----------

I don't think so, there is going to be an update shortly after its released. so we can play with other regions.

Look at the title of the thread you linked. Lol.
    That's a pretty old post you quoted. I've already updated the OP. :P

---------- Post added 2013-03-14 at 11:46 PM ----------

What Gutler said, also, the game is strongly dependent on your own skill kind of like a fighting game. The more you play, the better you get. Some new players take 15 or more minutes to kill the Lagombi bunny while a veteran player can do it in 3-5 minutes. (Using the demo equipment).

So if you ask me, the game is sort of like a mix between a fighting game and an action adventure with a few RPG elements. It's also 100 times more fun when you're playing with others (in my opinion)

15+ Year Old Account
    What Gutler said, also, the game is strongly dependent on your own skill kind of like a fighting game. The more you play, the better you get. Some new players take 15 or more minutes to kill the Lagombi bunny while a veteran player can do it in 3-5 minutes. (Using the demo equipment).

So if you ask me, the game is sort of like a mix between a fighting game and an action adventure with a few RPG elements. It's also 100 times more fun when you're playing with others (in my opinion)
    hehe give me the hunting horn, bow or dual swords and i can kill he lagombi before it leaves its starting area.

That's a pretty old post you quoted. I've already updated the OP. :P

---------- Post added 2013-03-14 at 11:46 PM ----------

How the hell would you kill it in 3-5?
    I was on him the entire time using the two swords, took me about 10 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    How the hell would you kill it in 3-5?
    I was on him the entire time using the two swords, took me about 10 minutes.
    Hundreds of hours of playing the other games in the series
    Here's my best hunt I got on the demo before getting bored.

Hundreds of hours of playing the other games in the series
    Here's my best hunt I got on the demo before getting bored.
    Could you recommend a weapon type for me?

I prefer fast attacks that give me plenty of time to dodge attacks aswell. I tried the greatsword once and it was just way too slow for me. Dual swords were nice.

10+ Year Old Account

I prefer fast attacks that give me plenty of time to dodge attacks aswell. I tried the greatsword once and it was just way too slow for me. Dual swords were nice.
    Dual swords are good for that, Long Sword is also good with practice. Really though, the best thing you can do is practice with each weapon and see which you like the best.

Dual swords or sword and shield are the fastest. Longsword is pretty quick too. Hammer, while not fast at attacking, doesn't slow you down much while your weapon is out.

I still don't get why the 3DS version cannot play online without piggybacking off a WiiU considering the system SUPPORTS ONLINE PLAY!
    Capcom...STOP doing this with the handheld MH's! They did it on the PSP and not they are doing it on the 3DS.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.