Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    the only concern i have for MH3U is the whole charm table thing it kinda forces you to specialize even before you create your character.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Deleted
    This seems alot more complicated than my first glance at the demo. Is there some sort of tutorial or is there a website dedicated to information about the game, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker87 View Post
    Dual swords or sword and shield are the fastest. Longsword is pretty quick too. Hammer, while not fast at attacking, doesn't slow you down much while your weapon is out.
    Im assuming Dual Swords deal more damage than sword + shield?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stocking View Post
    *Guessing*

Well, probably, since shield (while little) gives you some kind of defence, a block, and you give that up by going dual swords instead, extra damage.

I'm totally guessing here.

15+ Year Old Account

The one thing about SnS is the elemental damage is the most important factor you cant use the demo to judge SnS because they give you one with an element both the lagombi and plesioth arent weak too but in the long run using a proper element the Dual swords will out damage SnS add in items like mega dash juice (which stops stamina depletion) and you can stay in dual swords demon mode for atleast 3 minutes straight increasing the dps even more.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    The one thing about SnS is the elemental damage is the most important factor you cant use the demo to judge SnS because they give you one with an element both the lagombi and plesioth arent weak too but in the long run using a proper element the Dual swords will out damage SnS add in items like mega dash juice (which stops stamina depletion) and you can stay in dual swords demon mode for atleast 3 minutes straight increasing the dps even more.
    So really the demo does a god awful job at explaining anything?
    Is there another way to use items without sheathing weapons and then using them?

15+ Year Old Account
    So really the demo does a god awful job at explaining anything?
    Is there another way to use items without sheathing weapons and then using them?

the only way to do that is if you have a SnS equipped all other weapons you have to sheathe first.

Deleted
    This game was awesome on the psp. MH2 ofc, I wish they were still with sony for the psvita, I would buy one for sure. The game had a link option but you had to use some computerprogram to actually contact world wide players using this same setup. Weapons were awesome, boss weaknesses were awesome, and feline powers were awesome.

If they added more special effects like earthquake's on hamer hits etc I definatly gotta buy it.

Just picked up my copy for the Wii u.

Time to hunt some monstaz

15+ Year Old Account
    Just picked up my copy for the Wii u.

Time to hunt some monstaz

Oh whats your NNID i would love to hunt with ya sometime

Hey guys! I'm wondering if anyone knows how the local multiplayer works. I'm probably double dipping on this one, partly to have portable grinding, but mostly to coop with my brother. Can someone give me an idea of how extensive the multiplayer is? Like, do you both pick a quest and then get zoned in for the multi or is all the town stuff included? If all of the above statements are ludicrously ignorant, my bad, this is going to be my first MonHun

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leare315 View Post
    Hey guys! I'm wondering if anyone knows how the local multiplayer works. I'm probably double dipping on this one, partly to have portable grinding, but mostly to coop with my brother. Can someone give me an idea of how extensive the multiplayer is? Like, do you both pick a quest and then get zoned in for the multi or is all the town stuff included? If all of the above statements are ludicrously ignorant, my bad, this is going to be my first MonHun
    It should work just like the online version, you go to a Multiplayer town (which has every thing the offline does) for quests you go to the guild hall after someone accepts a quest the other people go to the quest board and sign up then when everyone is ready you head out.

Awesome! Thanks for the speedy response.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leare315 View Post
    Awesome! Thanks for the speedy response.
    the only thing i am not sure of is if you get points towards hunter rank with the offline multiplayer (your hunter rank effects what quests you can do), 30 minutes till i head out to pick up my copy of the game.

Oh whats your NNID i would love to hunt with ya sometime
    its pickley.

just a heads up in a total noob with it. Havnt actually played any of the series before.
    Last edited by pickley; 2013-03-19 at 11:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    the only thing i am not sure of is if you get points towards hunter rank with the offline multiplayer (your hunter rank effects what quests you can do), 30 minutes till i head out to pick up my copy of the game.
    No, you can't unfortunately. HR is entirely tied to Port Tanzia.

is it me or it doesnt feel like hunting ..but just monster bashing.....and damn...those controls are so freaking bad. I never get why people get in MH3 so much. Explain it to me ....it just feel so clunky.

Bumping this thread now that the game has been released. I've been playing it since the game came out and I am having a blast. Really glad I picked this game up. I was originally going to go with the greatsword, but since I've used that before I wanted to try something new, so I decided on the longsword instead. Loving it! I'm not very good at the game yet, but I imagine once time goes on I will start to get better. At least I hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    is it me or it doesnt feel like hunting ..but just monster bashing.....and damn...those controls are so freaking bad. I never get why people get in MH3 so much. Explain it to me ....it just feel so clunky.
    They're not bad. The "clunkiness" that you describe is supposed to be there. Your weapons have weight. After all, they aren't pieces of cardboard. You are supposed to think about when you place your attacks and when you decide to use items. Once you've committed to those actions, that's it. You have to wait for them to be done. If you fucked up and did something at the wrong time, you get punished for it. I can see why some people wouldn't like them, but for how the game is, the control scheme fits.
    Last edited by Wynnyelle; 2013-03-24 at 03:18 PM.

Deleted
    Really enjoying my time with the game trying not to burn through it like I normally do with games.

I have one question though when is a good time to go on-line anyway? Just done the 1st set of quests and can tell just from that I should wait a while to go on-line, is this right or do I just go on whenever I wish to?

10+ Year Old Account
    I need to amend my previous statement, after you unlock HRP mode, you do in fact get HRP from offline quests.