Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Guess what, Legendary means better stats then epic of the same level, nothing more, nothing less

I for one enjoy the quests so far, RNG will still be RNG (Damn you sigils of wisdom), but it sure beats being second in line for a staff from a raid nobody wants to run anymore after the new patch.

Deleted
    Even if someone is farming the legendary gem through LFR alone it would take a lot of time before they got it. Now everyone has a chance to get it, but there is still a massive amount of effort required.

Welfare epics to welfare legandaries

nothing unexpected

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    The problem is that BLIZZARD changed the playerbase to what it is now. If they didn't set a precedence for casual play coming into WotLK we would probably be seeing slower progress which means less people would get bored which means Cata heroics being hard would have gotten more players etc. etc. etc.

Blizzard continously seems to be flip flopping on major design philosophies that are the foundations of how players play and the types of players that are attracted. People keep talking about "OMG MORE BITCHING THEN EVER"; people need to realize it's not just because "WOW COMMUNITY SUCKS", it's because Blizzard has been attempting to cater to players in such a way so as to maximize profits instead of maximizing trust. The current norm for this game is short term players, not long term like it used to be.
    can i have your time machien. because we don't know. and its not only the wow community that sucks atm. look in real life. people act like jerks all the time. not only in wow

10+ Year Old Account
    There are no legendary items yet to my knowledge there is a gem but its a fucking gem man chill the hell out.

122 LFR boss kills 15 normal boss kills this tier

Why do you care about legendaries, OP?

Quote Originally Posted by Lumocolor View Post
    Welcome to 4yrs ago when a legendary game lowered itself down to the commoner.
    How dare a game whose main drawing point is being accessible be accessible. Unbelievable!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Yes you did. 25man was considered Heroic mode during Ulduar and Naxx times, you couldn't get it in 10man. Don't confuse Hard mode with Heroic mode like so many people do today.
    No, it wasnt. We're obviously talking about hardmodes (first introduced in Ulduar), and the hardmode of Yogg was +1/+0.

Quote Originally Posted by Halsynd View Post
    Its called "Legendary" because of the work involded in getting the item and its strength compared to other kind of items, its rarity has absolutely nothing to do with Legendary, its a misconception because they used to be rare as well.
    This... Really should have ended the thread.

But I think people want their legendaries to be incredibly rare so they can wave their e-peens.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Because guilds had 10-15 people with legendary weapons... /sigh

Legendaries took a lot of time to acquire, and even so, by the end of the patch cycle, only a very small handful had obtained them.

IMO they should be extremely rare drops from high end raid bosses instead of crafted items anyhow.
    That's not legendary. That's "Congrats, you were lucky. It wasnt a legendary feat, you didnt even spend effort on the thing, you just were at the good place at the good time."

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 04:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    This... Really should have ended the thread.

But I think people want their legendaries to be incredibly rare so they can wave their e-peens.
    Rare so nobody else have it, but common enough that i can get it without much effort!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

I love the new legendary quest line, I couldnt do the cata ones as im a DK, but this quest so far is FAR better than thunder fury questline (which im on as i require only 1 binding I have the rest of the quest items same for sulfuras I only require the eye)

Genuinely loving this quest line the way its presented and the idea that it goes through multiple patches and you continue to work with wrathion to build up this item

Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    Lmao, Every decent top 1000 us guild? I want to say. guild in dragon soul. Your raid had anywhere from two to four legnedary rogues and 8+ range dps with dragonwrath
    My shitty 10man guild(8/8H at 30%) had Dragonwrath on me and our mage, and our disc priest's offspec. So yup, Dragonwrath/Daggers were very common. Iirc the last really "rare" legendaries were the WotLK ones, just because less people raided and the grind for them took ages.(similar to 10man Dragonwrath /wrist)

I like and dislike the MoP legendaries so far. They're WAY more common(and mandatory for every raider to do), so they don't feel legendary, but on the other hand it means there isn't a certain set of specs that are just way stronger than others because of one item. The fact that it's one long chain for the whole expansion means that changing mains half way through the expansion is going to be extremely punishing.
    But this is only the beginning(also kind of a negative, for the reason in the last sentence), so it might become more interesting than just +stat and less common.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 11:00 AM ----------

At the END of the expansion cycle, yes people acquired a good number, but it was not like that when the content wasnt made trivial with all the heroic raid gear. I think you are missing the point.
    When DS released, TONS of high end guilds were drowning in legendaries on both mains and alts. Just look at Blood Legion, KIN and STARS.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2013-01-18 at 09:59 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Legendaries should never be in the game. They're dumb and cause unnecessary drama.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    Legendaries should never be in the game. They're dumb and cause unnecessary drama.
    First smart post in this thread.

Deleted
    Loot should never be in the game. It's dumb and causes unnecessary drama.
    Fixed that for ya.

QFT. Every single legendary I have had to deal with has been more of a headache than anything. I like this new system so I don't have to discuss everyday why X is getting fragments instead of Y

Deleted
    You missed the train when QQing about epic gear was still around.

10+ Year Old Account
    In fact it should be green because thats what it is if everyone can get it. Legendary items used to mean something, and it took high end raiding to obtain them. Its funny how Blizzard has totally shifted their position of it being an item of prestige and honor to where its at now...

"Oh hey look, you dont even need to be in a raid guild to get a legendary!"

(thought bubble) "Jaylock thinks this is terrible game design."

Your thoughts on the "legendary" item this expansion?
    Oh goody, Jaylock again who still does not realize the game is moving on... pretty sure if his ideas about the game were implemented the playerbase would be around 100k players...
    Just because things were different in th epast does not mean that it was better.... 50 years ago we did not have computers or Internet, there are plenty of people who long back for those days.... should we go back to that time? Of course not, in a way it's all evolution and you can't stop that.

Wow all I see in this thread is crying that their "special" weapon is no longer special towards the end of an expansion. People must be so hard up for attention that they resort to virtual accomplishment to validate their lives. Would it be better for you guys if the legendaries were all green but kept the same stats? Who cares how many people get them. "Cool points" in WoW do not translate to "Cool Points" in real life.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

i know its already been stated earlier but im gonna state it again.

think about this long term.

this legendary spans THE ENTIRE EXPANSION

now imagine you are a new player or someone who just never did it when it was current now imagine its 6. whatever and you want to start trying to get this legendary.

your either gonna have to lock your xp at 90 and spend months doing lfr or your going to have to try to get enough people to do ALL of the old pandaria raids.

now on some servers that might not be to hard but its still most likely going to take you the longest amount of time out of all the legendaries except maybe a few of the rng ones due to luck and your still gonna need to get a good portion of players together who want to run old content week after week or suffer incredibly long que times.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552