Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The name legendary is just for the story involved getting that item. It has nothing to do how hard or how easy it's to get. And the MoP legendary will have a story trough the whole expansion. I like how blizzard actually tries to involve people more in the complete story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    I don't think he has ever been what you could consider hardcore.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Jaylock/simple
    WOW! He should be thankful they brought the content down to his level!
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because a good portion of the WoW community aren't hardcore gamers... they got into WoW through friends or family and never really had any passion for MMO-RPG's... slowly they started voicing their opinions and made arguments that they pay the same as everyone else and deserve to have the same gear as everyone else... from there gear was made easier to get so that everyone can feel like a special flower and now enough people are admitting that they suck at the game so now blizzard has to make more content available for the mass. Not once when I used to play did I care that I never got a legendary... that's the whole point of them... to be legendary and if everyone gets one... that defeats the whole purpose. It's little things like this that are slowly ruining the game and at this point, they've tacked on quite a few things that make me hang my head in shame.

W/e... it's things like this that will make people get that feeling like there's nothing to do and that everything is highly repetitive. Shortly everyone will have the same gear and there won't be anymore diversity among skill... for everything will be so easily accessible, there won't be any real legendaries.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    What? How many dang Warglaives did Azzinoth have? He was a Doomguard wasn't he? Only two arms. Unless he held the other two in his stomach-mouth-thing.
    Actually, upon further investigation it appears I was misinformed on this one. Their appearance (and arguably even their existence) was evidently retconned (for the better I might add), much like several other things in the Burning Crusade.

Also, when I said they weren't 'his', I was referring to Illidan. I was wrong, unless he had two pairs of war glaives, but it's more logical to assume it was just a retcon.
    Last edited by Elementalkin; 2013-01-18 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Slight addendum.

Quote Originally Posted by dapperedodo View Post
    The name legendary is just for the story involved getting that item. It has nothing to do how hard or how easy it's to get. And the MoP legendary will have a story trough the whole expansion. I like how blizzard actually tries to involve people more in the complete story.
    This 100%. Legendary to me means packed with lore. I like what blizzard is doing in Mop with how a character can feel immersed in what's happening as they quest and raid. The Wrathion legendary to me is great and keeps me interested in what the next part could possibly be.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It's a word; a label. And a harmless one at that. People that get exercised about this don't have enough in their life to do.
    I get what you are saying, I just feel like this could easily be used against people that want legendary items for everyone.

'Why do you think everyone should get legendary items? Its just a harmless label?"

But I do agree. I think the people that kick enough butt in raids and playing in general will get them first anyhow. The Wrathion story literally has me pumped. Every time I have to go to him to turn in, I turn off the lights and turn y speakers up. I know its lame, but its just a great story.

Most of the old Legendaries were ALREADY Legendary, and it seems like the way they are taking this IS more about the story/journey.

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    So we should go back to a legendary just being an epic with a 0.01% drop?
    According to Jaylock,that's prestigious.... so apparently?

It's been said a lot of times, the color and label are pretty meaningless. I only care about legedaries if it was difficult to obtain them... and then, it's not the legendary that catches my attention, but the act.

I do think if you can get the legendary from just LFR, it's kind of a cop out - legendaries are supposed to require time and skill, not just time. I see people mentioning things like the war glaives and thoridal, but at those points in times, those bosses presently a challenge to people.... with LFR, u can just afk thru it lol. Let me put it to you this way, they may as well start handing out legendaries thru pet battles and things like leveling fishing.

Have people forgot that the item rarity is not a denotion of how hard it is to get, but a denotion of how many stat points it has allocated to it?
    I remember a blue post around the time of TBCs release stating this.

Welcome to 4yrs ago when a legendary game lowered itself down to the commoner.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumocolor View Post
    Welcome to 4yrs ago when a legendary game lowered itself down to the commoner.
    How dare commoners have access to a video game! Damn them!

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    I don't think he has ever been what you could consider hardcore.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Jaylock/simple
    What the F... What? What WHAT Like really? This is the guy whos been wanting this game to change for awhile now and making countless threads cattering to so called '' HC '' When he himself isn't...

You know what I'm done I was baited never again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    Other people are enjoying this game besides me! How dare they!
    What are they thinking, having fun and enjoying themselves!!!1!!1 It's not like this is a game, or anything lolol.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I do think if you can get the legendary from just LFR, it's kind of a cop out - legendaries are supposed to require time and skill, not just time. I see people mentioning things like the war glaives and thoridal, but at those points in times, those bosses presently a challenge to people.... with LFR, u can just afk thru it lol. Let me put it to you this way, they may as well start handing out legendaries thru pet battles and things like leveling fishing.
    They may as well start handing out legendaries to the people who can crank out the most argumentative fallacies. You'd probably be first in line, congratulations.

People need to get over themselves. Now that it is shoved in our faces it is suddenly a problem, as if the staff in cata was fine.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Because a good portion of the WoW community aren't hardcore gamers... they got into WoW through friends or family and never really had any passion for MMO-RPG's... slowly they started voicing their opinions and made arguments that they pay the same as everyone else and deserve to have the same gear as everyone else... from there gear was made easier to get so that everyone can feel like a special flower and now enough people are admitting that they suck at the game so now blizzard has to make more content available for the mass. Not once when I used to play did I care that I never got a legendary... that's the whole point of them... to be legendary and if everyone gets one... that defeats the whole purpose. It's little things like this that are slowly ruining the game and at this point, they've tacked on quite a few things that make me hang my head in shame.

W/e... it's things like this that will make people get that feeling like there's nothing to do and that everything is highly repetitive. Shortly everyone will have the same gear and there won't be anymore diversity among skill... for everything will be so easily accessible, there won't be any real legendaries.
    How dare Blizzard want to get more people involved in the storyline in their game! Then when it's no longer relevant at least people will go back and run the raids again since raids with legendaries have the highest replay value. What a bunch of idiots they are!

legendaries stopped being legendary when during wotlk every warrior dk paladin had a their spirit bomb axes.

Legendaries were well, legendary when there were few on any given server (maybe max 6 on a single server during first two years of bwl's release? they were legendary in rarity.

Legendaries now are not legendary. they are just as common as greens were during vanilla wow. hell there are epics that are more rare than legendaries. (link any vanilla Naxx items they are all much more rare than any legendary since wotlk.)
    Last edited by Arteous; 2013-01-18 at 05:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    The guys not even special like if this person has been here in cata he would know mostly even medicore guilds ran with legendaries; In BC even garbage guilds had legendaries because all it took was RNGl
    This is complete crap because this assumes the guild could kill Illidan. Very few guilds could kill him. Even fewer guilds could kill Kil'Jaeden. Look at the mass spam of your trade channels for those garbage guilds, because good ones dont spam trade to find players.

I was here in Cata, and I did see several garbage guilds with staffs. It took time, thats all it took. Thats not Legendary, thats called retarded common bs. What makes a weapon legendary is that it is RARE, VERY RARE. When you saw a rogue in AV with the twin blades of azzinoth, people ran from him, and you knew he was bad ass.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 06:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ZulZul View Post
    Please do more research before you post trying to sound all high and mighty. Both of the bolded items were DROPS from the boss, hence part of the RNG. There was no collecting items from anywhere, or defeating multiple bosses to acquire them. They were kill, loot, equip.
    You must have forgotten the part where you had to attune yourself to Black temple. Yeah must have. Lets see:

To gain entry to the black temple, you had to:

Kill Kaelthas
    Kill Lady Vashj
    Kill Gruul the Dragonkiller (to gain entry to SSC to kill lady Vashj)
    Kill Nightbane (to gain entry to SSC to kill lady Vashj)
    Kill Magtheradon (to gain entry to the eye to kill Kaelthas)
    Several heroic dungeon quests to gain entry to Karazhan, Mags Lair.

Yeah accomplishing all that, and getting an RNG drop from a boss that practically no one was killing was pretty freaking Legendary.

Fast forward to today:

Herpa Derp, I just walked into the most recent raid tier. I just got the legendary collection items from LFR. I just got a "legendary"

Yeah, i rest my case, In Mop a "Legendary" is not a Legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock
    -snip-
    So...time sinks. You call time sinks as legendary-worth content. There was nothing extra in doing all the stuff for the Illidan's weapons. You killed bosses that were already there.

MoP is a time sink. Its a longer time sink than any of the other time sinks.

Thus its the best legendary. Using your own logic.

The end.

Or you're saying that RNG is a good method for legendaries. To that I'd say "lol."

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    This is complete crap because this assumes the guild could kill Illidan. Very few guilds could kill him. Even fewer guilds could kill Kil'Jaeden. Look at the mass spam of your trade channels for those garbage guilds, because good ones dont spam trade to find players.

I was here in Cata, and I did see several garbage guilds with staffs. It took time, thats all it took. Thats not Legendary, thats called retarded common bs. What makes a weapon legendary is that it is RARE, VERY RARE. When you saw a rogue in AV with the twin blades of azzinoth, people ran from him, and you knew he was bad ass.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 06:16 AM ----------

You must have forgotten the part where you had to attune yourself to Black temple. Yeah must have. Lets see:

To gain entry to the black temple, you had to:

Kill Kaelthas
    Kill Lady Vashj
    Kill Gruul the Dragonkiller (to gain entry to SSC to kill lady Vashj)
    Kill Nightbane (to gain entry to SSC to kill lady Vashj)
    Kill Magtheradon (to gain entry to the eye to kill Kaelthas)
    Several heroic dungeon quests to gain entry to Karazhan, Mags Lair.

Yeah accomplishing all that, and getting an RNG drop from a boss that practically no one was killing was pretty freaking Legendary.

Fast forward to today:

Herpa Derp, I just walked into the most recent raid tier. I just got the legendary collection items from LFR. I just got a "legendary"

Yeah, i rest my case, In Mop a "Legendary" is not a Legendary.
    I'm not even going to dignify this with a huge response.

Over 20 people explained to you how you're wrong.

Let it go and accept it.

Stop trashing on WoW just because it grew up and moved onto better things from TBC.

Christ.

If you're not gonna read the shitstorm you brought on yourself, don't make the thread and expect the bashing you're going to get for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.