Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It's the complete restriction on glaives that makes me think they are being saved for something. It's just way too iconic to Warcraft 3 to keep them restricted to NPCs.

I remember when we got this datamined in Cata's beta, and we all freaked out about how awesome this would be as a raid or heroic drop. Sure enough, this awesome custom model was wasted on nothing more than being a weapon for cultist NPCs in Blackrock.

If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Deleted
    They all look super great, except that the tauren fistweapon look quite bland and not very tauren-like.

Does anyone know where these weapons drop? Or are they part of 5.2?
    \

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    It's the complete restriction on glaives that makes me think they are being saved for something. It's just way too iconic to Warcraft 3 to keep them restricted to NPCs.

I remember when we got this datamined in Cata's beta, and we all freaked out about how awesome this would be as a raid or heroic drop. Sure enough, this awesome custom model was wasted on nothing more than being a weapon for cultist NPCs in Blackrock.

Blizz has said before that they feel there's already too many types of gear. Since back in the days of 40-mans you'd probably have someone that needed any type of armor or weapon that dropped. Now when most people raid 10s, you may find some gear or weapons that just get DE'd because no one can use them.

They won't add another new weapon type because of that, even though every dev seems to have a weapon they would love to add (one said whips).
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Blizz has said before that they feel there's already too many types of gear. Since back in the days of 40-mans you'd probably have someone that needed any type of armor or weapon that dropped. Now when most people raid 10s, you may find some gear or weapons that just get DE'd because no one can use them.

They won't add another new weapon type because of that, even though every dev seems to have a weapon they would love to add (one said whips).
    Nice try, but no. Glaives aren't a new weapon type. They are one handed swords, with one handed sword animations. Just like the one and only warglaive we have in game which is a legendary already.

Apply your logic above to fist weapons, and see it dissolve. There are all manner of shapes and sizes for fist weapons, from claws, to glaives, to spikes, to gloves.

Glaives do not represent a brand new weapon type, nor do they represent too much variety in an issue with wasted gear.
    It is a purely cosmetic item.

Tauren logs would be 2 handed maces, and share their animations. The problem with Tauren logs is they would look ridiculous with any race that isn't a Tauren.
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Tauren logs would be 2 handed maces, and share their animations. The problem with Tauren logs is they would look ridiculous with any race that isn't a Tauren.
    all they have to do is to put a tauren log in a tauren-only quest and have it require the tauren race to be used. you can't transmog into things you can't use, so the whole problem would be solved.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    all they have to do is to put a tauren log in a tauren-only quest and have it require the tauren race to be used. you can't transmog into things you can't use, so the whole problem would be solved.
    I agree. Just like for the Blood Knight tabard. I'm just saying, Blizz is hesitant to do things like that. However, they DO do them, warlock green fire quests, rogue legendary daggers, etc.

It's just a hard thing to justify in a world of ever increasing awesome ideas with only so many devs to make them happen. Tauren tree trunk weapons do look a little rough even with tauren using them. But I don't give a damn, they rock.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i really like those swords!!
    I REALLY like her MAAAANE~!

-Coughs and clears throat- Ahemem... I hope these aren't limited to just those specific races. Admittedly, they do look AWESOME, but that two-hander would be sweet with just about any death knight, and the rest can work for other races too.

..... nice necro, lol. what ever happened to these weapons, anyway?

Deleted
    At least that ugly orc axe is used by some Kor'kron npc's.

I thought I'd have another look, and there seems to be a few more. A Goblin rogue dagger and a Pandaren monk staff.

Goblin rogue dagger:

Pandaren monk staff:

And still have no idea where they're from/what they're for. But there seems to be at least one for every race, and a specific class associated with each.

I really like the Human Priest Staff and Night Elf Druid Staff.

Found this video of the new weapons on YouTube.

I think that they are just for NPC during the siege.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I think that they are just for NPC during the siege.
    3-4 recolors per weapon, I doubt it.

Possibly the weapon reward from Wrathion's chain, maybe given to us by the Golden Lotus? Recolours based on the mode you completed the last step of the quest in- LFR, Flex, Normal, or Heroic?

I sort of don't think so, though. We're not sure what the reward from Golden Lotus is, but the Legendary seems pretty likely to be the cloak.

Most of these models have been in the files since 5.2 though, iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by ElyPop View Post
    Most of these models have been in the files since 5.2 though, iirc.
    Yeah, while it's certainly not impossible for Blizzard to have been working on the final reward at that time, I don't think it's likely, just one of many possibilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannoson View Post
    I would love to see Tauren logs in the game. But imagine if it was made available to other races, how many Dwarf "Oakenshields" or the like would pop up.
    This. Right here. This would, at least in my personal case, drive more open world PvP like Blizz has said they wanted. Due to the fact that I would HAVE to try and rofl-stomp every Alliance I saw carrying a totem-log.

EDIT: Just noticed this was necro'd.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Those swords look pretty cool, but even though they fit the Gilnean theme I still find it amusing that a death knight sword has flowers attached to it.
    <--- Death and Decay Icon.

The top sword has what looks like wilted flowers, which makes TOTAL sense for a Death Knight, as Death and Decay is classified as an ability that more or less sucks the life out of the targets in the area, thus wilted flowers.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Those Gnome Warlock staves have me super excited to see the Goblin ones! <3

"There is a thin, semantic line separating weird and beautiful. And that line is covered in jellyfish." - Welcome to Night Vale.