Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Bopcommander View Post
    This is true, you shouldn't lose your stacks on Sha as well. But it is harder. I try to save an Arc Missile proc for the cackle, so I fire them quickly at the add on the platform, but that always isn't the case.
    Use Arcane Explosion?
    Use it while flying away and when you land and you'll easily have enough duration.

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually refresh NT on Sha and his adds before I fly away behind them. I never thought about using Arc Exp on the platform add. I use it on every other fight so my 6 stack doesn't fall off. Good tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Lux-aeterna View Post
    IOh and just something in case the group decides to put you on the Total Annihilation rotation, Greater Invisibility is your friend.
    Can Ice Block be used?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Euphrates View Post
    Can Ice Block be used?
    No. Immunities like ice block don't work for total annihilation or unseen strike.

Greater invisibility works fine and in 10 man at least you only need 3 soakers so don't make classes that lose a lot of dps soaking if you don't have to.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

I tried cauterize, which is perfectly safe to use on annhiliation, but you will need heals of course. Invis will leave you above the threshold for the stun I think, since the damage is only 500k (in 10 man). We left it to our 2 warlocks and monk dps as they seemed to have an easier time not losing dps and doing the soak.

on a side note, for heroic blade lord if you top down view during the tornado, you can blink out and then ease back in close enough that improved AE will hit him to keep your stacks. It isn't necessarily the safest thing to do, but it is safer than trying to turn and quick cast a missles proc.

Also, I thought I noticed that the sonic pools on empress reset my stacks with AE too... though I could have imagined it.

Finally, I also noticed that if you are chain casting or channeling on Sha when you get cackled, you don't fly off right away. The last 2 kills I've been teleported to him by nonstop casting then hitting invocation. This puts me at the outside platform with full stacks and a full invoker's buff. Also, I save a missles for coming out from behind the pillar from death blossom or if we are really pressed for dps, I iceblock near him so I can AE and maintain stacks. This usually puts me at the platform. I dunno if it is just luck or if it is something I'm able to manipulate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nimryas View Post
    I havent got any proof to back this up, but I think the haste built is favored over the mastery build in this case because it will give you more dps on the orb phase (because you reach 6 stacks faster).
    If you ever lose 6 stacks on this fight (or any fight) you are doing it wrong, arcane explo is your friend when in a tight window to refresh. I do it with mastery and rank in the top 60 (owned by chinese/koreans mainly).
    Last edited by mmoc472a5d728c; 2013-01-23 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nimryas View Post
    I havent got any proof to back this up, but I think the haste built is favored over the mastery build in this case because it will give you more dps on the orb phase (because you reach 6 stacks faster).
    Don't really see how that's relevant. You have 15s to get your 6 stacks up before the orbs pop up for the first time... (This is assuming you're scorchweaving)

I did just fine with RoP Mastery build. No RNG bullshit like Fire/Frost was
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Yeah the only time you should lose stacks on Heroic Elegon is if you're soaking (let's face it, Mages are virtually the best class for that what with GI and TS) or if no adds spawn on your side at the end of the phase where you're DPSing pillars.
    Two Arcane Missiles back to back will destroy every spark guaranteed, and there's enough time between spawns to easily bank two of them by using AB and Scorch on Elegon.

I'm honestly not sure there's a better class for killing sparks, though I can't claim to have raided with many other since Cataclysm :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Yeah the only time you should lose stacks on Heroic Elegon is if you're soaking (let's face it, Mages are virtually the best class for that what with GI and TS) or if no adds spawn on your side at the end of the phase where you're DPSing pillars.
    Two Arcane Missiles back to back will destroy every spark guaranteed, and there's enough time between spawns to easily bank two of them by using AB and Scorch on Elegon.

I'm honestly not sure there's a better class for killing sparks, though I can't claim to have raided with many other since Cataclysm :P
    Even when soaking you can AE the add before TS/GI to refresh stacks, then depending on which spark you're killing, AB/AM on Elegon before scorch spam on the move and until you're in range of the spark.

There is nothing better than Arcane Mage for killing sparks. On 25M HC I can nearly solo the 5th wave.

I still only usually lose it on soaking if I'm not fully healed up before it explodes (so I get stunned) but yeah, it's easily possible to keep it then too.