Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Great story, wish more ppl where like your veteran raider

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow you people are the bestest.

Cant wait to start playing again. Iv been off for a while, now im moving out of my parents place and will have the freedom to play whenever I want

Quote Originally Posted by Mephismo View Post
    It’s a bit like drug addicts sharing needles.

You should help him find a job !

You got him a monitor because you were stuffed without him.
    I run a 12 person raid team on a weekly rotation. Everyone on my team has an offspec they play as well as their main spec. I can lose ANY two players without missing a beat.

While I appreciate everyone else's kind words and support, it's people like you who automatically think the worst of people who give us the bad rap.

Deleted
    Haha, our raid leaders gametime went out yesterday during our empress try.
    4 People volounteered to pay instantly

Its not really a monitor, but same sentiment

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lordsphinx View Post
    I run a 12 person raid team on a weekly rotation. Everyone on my team has an offspec they play as well as their main spec. I can lose ANY two players without missing a beat.

While I appreciate everyone else's kind words and support, it's people like you who automatically think the worst of people who give us the bad rap.
    Just pointing out that by helping your Guild friend you helped yourselves.
    Sure it was a nice thing to do, but not exactly altruistic.
    Will you ask for the monitor back if he switches guilds next week ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah well our pally healer and his gf hate me and so did the terrible ass shaman that quit, thank god. It's not all sunshine and farts.

I've given and received things from my online family in WoW.

Received - About a year ago, I was logging into the game to let my guild know I had just lost my job and I would not be logging on for a long while until I was back in the $$ again. They all know me. At the time, 37, male, married, and 100% deaf. I never raided since I couldn't use vent, but that never stopped me from having a good time and chatting it up. That Sunday, my time was set to expire, and I logged on again to wish everyone well, and to my amazement, there was a message from the GM telling me to go check my game mail (a gmail account I made just for my character). I was FLOORED when I opened up the mail to find 14 digital game cards waiting to be authorized. It was the coolest thing to ever happen to me in WoW.

Given - 3 weeks ago, I finally killed off the last of my Horde Characters to devote all my time to my main, and start getting all my achieves, when I saw a request for 2g 27 silver from a goblin in Org. I whispered him and asked what the money was for and he said this was his first character ever and just hit lvl 22, but could not afford the training and the mount. His friends had invited him to the game and helped each other level, but he just didn't have any gold. I pulled an armory to make sure it wasn't some snow job, and found out his first achieve was just 2 weeks earlier. He had no mounts, titles, achievements, and was wearing quest and dungeon greens.

I knew I was leaving the horde, so I sold out the last of my banker's stuff, and opened a trade window with him. He about fell outta his chair when I gave him close to 40K, waved, and logged out. I hope he got his mount I may have to armory him again soon just to find out

my monitor died too. I took it apart, found 5 blown capacitors on the power supply board and ordered them from amazon. borrowed a soldering iron, pulled em out, put the new ones in and it works again.

dont have to buy a new one every time something breaks. my fix cost $15. and anyone can do this stuff, it isnt hard. I know nothing about electronics or fixing stuff.

My and my guildies have a really close team, its mostly the officers and raid team but we have all become good friends, we mail each other items all the time and are having a guild meet up in October. Sometimes guilds do make real friends and thats when this game really shines above all the others.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Deleted
    i love when stuff like these happen!

My story is from a non-raiding guild, but still about kindness. 2 guildies collaborated and organised a Christmas dinner for me, a traditional one of turkey plus all the trimmings. I am old, living on benefit and can just manage the cost of WoW and internet but no spare money for any type of luxury. They are both young, young enough to be my grandsons, one Dutch and one Swedish, but between them they had this most wonderful food delivered to me in England just before Christmas day. There are many kind people in the game, far more than people think, but they all too often get hidden by the loud-mouthed needy brats with a too large sense of entitlement and the good humour of rotten lemons.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    There are many kind people in the game, far more than people think, but they all too often get hidden by the loud-mouthed needy brats with a too large sense of entitlement and the good humour of rotten lemons.
    This has to be the coolest thing I ever read. You are most likely near my dad's age, and it sounds like something he would say. Love it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    My story is from a non-raiding guild, but still about kindness. 2 guildies collaborated and organised a Christmas dinner for me, a traditional one of turkey plus all the trimmings. I am old, living on benefit and can just manage the cost of WoW and internet but no spare money for any type of luxury. They are both young, young enough to be my grandsons, one Dutch and one Swedish, but between them they had this most wonderful food delivered to me in England just before Christmas day. There are many kind people in the game, far more than people think, but they all too often get hidden by the loud-mouthed needy brats with a too large sense of entitlement and the good humour of rotten lemons.
    That is a great story, thanks for sharing!

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I love reading stories like this. It's great to know there are people out there who will do random acts of kindness without any expectations of reciprocation.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

thumbs up

10+ Year Old Account
    That's true friendship of a guild!

I've had a guildie send me a headset. Everyone hated my mic but no one said anything to me so i didnt know it was an issue. They should of just told me instead of sending me a new one xD. But its amazing the sort of bond you make with some people while playing. Most all of us have stopped playing (we started raiding in toc era) but there is still 15-20people always on mumble ready to chat it up
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

should have used newegg.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Deleted
    The guy that bought the monitor is epic. Warms my tiny robot heart

This is what a guild should be. And i am sure the extreme right wingers will go and say. see now it is rewarding to be unemployed and get a new monitor for it while i have to buy my own.

It is the same people that deep inside them think god damn the homeless bums gets free food everyday at the soup kitchen it is outrageous and needs to stop i have to buy my own at Walmart.