Addon for DR? for tanks.

Hello everyone want to know if theres any addons out there there can track Tanks DR for Dodge Parry Ect.?

chould be kinda nice to have addons that did it, so i could expect spikes.

I dont think you know what Diminishing return is.

DR means the higher dodge or parry you have, the more rating it takes to gain dodge/parry. It doesnt mean you parrying means you are less likely to parry the next attack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by defer09 View Post
    I dont think you know what Diminishing return is.

DR means the higher dodge or parry you have, the more rating it takes to gain dodge/parry. It doesnt mean you parrying means you are less likely to parry the next attack.
    I think he means "Damage Reduction"
    Warlock (SL main)

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure he actually did mean Diminishing Returns, since Parry and Dodge both have DR. Of course, this is an overall thing, as the second poster said, it doesn't change while you're in combat, it only has an effect when your Parry and Dodge values change due to gaining/losing those ratings.

Well if it is Diminishing Returns being asked about, dodge caps out at around 65% and parry caps out at like 265% so it's much more valuable to "stack" parry; at least for plate tanks.
    Last edited by lawomous; 2013-01-18 at 04:55 PM.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
    I'm pretty sure he actually did mean Diminishing Returns, since Parry and Dodge both have DR. Of course, this is an overall thing, as the second poster said, it doesn't change while you're in combat, it only has an effect when your Parry and Dodge values change due to gaining/losing those ratings.
    Pretty sure he means damage reduction. If you look at the last thing he said. He wants to know when he has lower mitigation in combat. (ie no damage reduction abilities/trinket procs/personal/external CDs) So he knows when he'll take more damage.

Knowing what your diminishing returns are wouldn't magically tell you when you'd expect more incoming damage since dodge/parry is random regardless.
    Last edited by bOOURNS; 2013-01-18 at 07:29 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    *shrug* I have a feeling the first responder was correct, and the OP just didn't understand how diminishing returns applies. That is, if you erroneously believe that each block/parry/dodge reduces your chance on the next one, then you might think that it was important to track that sort of thing to be able to expect spikes.

Of course, tracking it would either make you assume that the tracking addon was broken, or that you misunderstood something, once you noticed the numbers never changed.