Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    I've been watching Wow very closely because my wife plays Panda's and Blizzard has stood behind their claim to get content out faster. Their second content patch is almost out the door. Unfortunately if Rift doesn't release at least release a new dungeon, raid, conquest they will be behind. PA3 is an additional grind but if you're doing the same content it's not any more enjoyable than grinding PA1/2.

Trion capitalized on Cataclysm's lack of content (mainly because they re-designed 50+ zones) but now it's in their corner to get back at it.
    They just released the regulos raid. Next is a speculated 10 man and then hard modes which blizzard already had hard modes.

Current patch notes are nothing but hotfixes needed to be tested.

I've been watching Wow very closely because my wife plays Panda's and Blizzard has stood behind their claim to get content out faster. Their second content patch is almost out the door. Unfortunately if Rift doesn't release at least release a new dungeon, raid, conquest they will be behind. PA3 is an additional grind but if you're doing the same content it's not any more enjoyable than grinding PA1/2.

Trion capitalized on Cataclysm's lack of content (mainly because they re-designed 50+ zones) but now it's in their corner to get back at it.
    Not really sure what you mean. We've got a raid at launch and a raid a month after launch. If we get another raid we will be at 3 raids in about 3.5 months.

Is wow doing a raid a month?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I'm a new player and I'm only level 55 currently. I only have one PA tier capped, and barely started my second. If they came out with T3 I'd probably lose a lot of motivation to play due to how many months I'd have to play just to reasonably catch up. (And I'm not exaggerating, I only play 5~ hours a day.)

You are not comparing apples to apples though. Look here:

MoP released on Sept 25th, first major content patch, Nov 27th. 2 months apart. Now, another 2 months later, they are getting close to 5.2

SL released Nov 13th, first major content patch, Dec 12th, less than a month after release AND catching them up to WoW. Now they are getting close to next content patch.

So basically, Rift is going about twice as fast seeing as they got first content patch out in under a month were WoW took 2. They are both currently working on the next one, but WoWs has been out for almost 8 weeks where Rift is at 6. MoP had a headstart on SL, and they are both working on second major content. That means Rift is faster.

Not trying to game vs game much here, just presenting the facts about both sides releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    I'm a new player and I'm only level 55 currently. I only have one PA tier capped, and barely started my second. If they came out with T3 I'd probably lose a lot of motivation to play due to how many months I'd have to play just to reasonably catch up. (And I'm not exaggerating, I only play 5~ hours a day.)
    Once you get to level 60 world events you will have more planar experience than you know what do with.

PA is not something that needs to be "caught up." It's also not something you really need to go out of your way to grind. It's just something you get, as you do whatever you normally do, and can get some small bonuses out of it. Don't look at it and get discouraged, just keep playing and adding to it as you go. It fills up faster than you might think if you do it that way.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why we even need to compare the content release schedules. Rift is freaking amazing at it, which is why I'm currently enjoying the mess out of it, but WoW really has returned to their best form with Mists. WoW is a much larger machine with much heavier polish. It doesn't mean the content is better just because of that, but it's going to naturally take more time.

Trion keeps on surprising the socks off of people, myself included, because I had no idea how awesome this stuff was.

The only reasonable conclusion I can draw is that Blizzard realized they needed to step up the pace and quality of their content production. Whether this is from watching a 'lesser' company do it with ease, or just because they needed to respond to their subscriber loss, they have been doing it well this time.

Be glad that we now have two companies putting every other game to shame, in the hopes that all companies will be forced to get off their asses and make us better games.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 02:45 PM ----------

I just hit 60 this past Friday and I already have 3 full elements and some points spread in others to get the perks like faster mount speed, run speed, etc. I would definitely not worry about it and certainly wouldn't see it as a deterrant from playing the game.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2013-01-22 at 07:45 PM.
    BAD WOLF

The only reasonable conclusion I can draw is that Blizzard realized they needed to step up the pace and quality of their content production.
    Actually they were just milking it till a raid competitor came along and showed how much blizzard was milking it.

Now blizzard is milking it with.... DAILYS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakael View Post
    These kind of replies from you are starting to become very predictable. Also, the amount of time you've spent thus far on your YouTube channel ranting about people's opinions on particular game animations (for instance), about supposed trolls and how deeply Blizzard has betrayed you is simply adorable, too.

You pretend like it doesn't affect you what people think of you (I think that's actually an exact quote of you in one of your videos ridden with bias), yet you spend more time on retorting than any normal person would. The irony really does tickle me.

Disclaimer: I don't necessarily agree with anything said in this thread with regards to the pace of development for either game. Just making an observation of something both "sides" are guilty of.
    RANT and (apparently) a tickling incoming...

Hmmm... Predictable. Me? Never. In what regards? That I like cats, that I post videos with me zip-lining, and voice over some very (very) lame South African humour?

I've said over and over I have no loyalty to one game, but at the moment, Trion is really pulling their weight. Trion have also said that the patch notes are far from complete - some people have even linked this. For now, I am a great fan of Trion, but an even greater fan of Far Cry 3's creators, not to mention anxiously awaiting the release of Defiance. I would have an absolute nerdgasm if Trion had used this engine for Rift.

Anyone who was following me on youtube will note I've been quite quiet lately - been very busy with a project at work. If it wasn't for my insomnia, I wouldn't even be on these forums.

"more time on retorting than any normal person would" - well, I wouldn't be chatting on a public game form if I didn't like retorting. It would be a very empty place if everyone visited the forums and never stated their opinion, would it not?

I'm a very casual player in computer games. My reflexes aren't what they used to be. I'm also a very average player on my cleric in Rift... on my bard, I have been called much, much worse.

Heck, I just got a chance to clear the 10-man on Saturday - first time - Even though I did an okay job on DPS (2nd or third from the bottom) as I'm now playing a cleric again, and I was pulled through the tactics on TeamSpeak by eXile guys - a really great bunch, and I was much more comfortable playing my cleric.

I must say - first and the last fight were some of the most fun I've seen in a while. It was not hard, but very unforgiving - like most fights in there.

I was also fortunate to see the first two bosses in FT and the two bosses in EE as Seatin in his new guild, "Knights of Dyslexia" on got these down in the 2nd night or so in a PuG and invited me along - as a verrrry bad, unprepared (I learnt to play 20min before going into the instance - now THAT is "carried") bard, I might add.

I had 9 warcraft accounts at one stage - and gradually de-activated most over Lich King due to dissatisfaction with the product. I call any company that lies to it's customers "betrayal" and has an obligation to restore faith in it's product.

I do still have every intention of trying MoP with my druid to 90 in patch 5.4 or whenever they decide to give away a free lvl 85 and a copy of MoP on their SoR system again. I tried the 10-day pass and wasn't impressed thus far - I still have the nostalgia, but no "spark" for the game any more. I love WoW. I wouldn't have 12~14 level 80's or so if I didn't. I just don't like it at the moment.

You bringing my comments up as ranting is weird. Are these comments also ranting by your standard? Am I not permitted to defend my views? Not my fault if different people challenge them, is it?

I fail to see how repeating the obvious truth in any way detracts from it being... well, the truth. Also, FYI - "Responding" to a comment is not "ranting"

Also, the game animations I refer to, I believe I support with video evidence, so I fail to see how you can dispute these. I can honestly say that when my Charr warrior fires his rifle, the harmony of sound and animation is superior to any other mmo I have played. I actually "feel" the recoil. I would love to play Tera, but I have tried for over a month now to get them to respond to my account issue. Maybe when it goes free to play, I will be able to get the client to start downloading!

Your attempt at defending Blizz from their behaviour... is, well... also weird. It is also obvious that the same opinions will be brought up in multiple threads and these opinions will be the same as my feelings towards the matter has not changed. Hardly "ranting" as you put it.

As for the ranting against trolls video you refer too, I wouldn't exactly say it is an "exact" quote. I went into a lot more detail than just a simple quote.

Please give my rather healthy form of narcissism towards trolls more credit than that. Unless you're a troll, I obviously would argue with you and defend my position or a forum - until the point where I deem your opinion inferior or just plain dumb. This is a discussion forum. Not everything is a personal attack. Besides, I don't care enough for you to attack you personally. Most of what I say is in jest.

As for tickling you with irony, hey, whatever turns you on. I am happy to amuse you.

If I cared about what people think of me, I wouldn't list one of my companies on my you-tube channel, or give out my facebook details to people I know in-game. I've reached a level of emotional and financial security in life few people can hope to achieve.

I also don't see black and white on these forums. I don't see two sides. I see people with a lot of different opinions. Some are based on opinions about different aspects of a game, some about the companies, some about people. Some are just full of sh*t.

EDIT: Also, you heard it here, I'm willing to put good, hard earned plat that we will more than likely get a 10-man in patch 2.2
    Last edited by theWocky; 2013-01-22 at 08:13 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Actually they were just milking it till a raid competitor came along and showed how much blizzard was milking it.

Now blizzard is milking it with.... DAILYS
    You're entitled to your opinion, but your view isn't shared by most people that continue to play the game. Also this isn't really the place to be bashing Blizzard or WoW, since this is the Rift forum for one of many reasons.

Go back to the GW2 forums where you came from, thanks. I'm sorry that these two games put yours to shame in terms of amount of content and things to do.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Elrar,

Looks like you've started a trend. Looks like our friends at Blizz are following suit with their community managers. http://www.mmo-champion.com/members/970492-Araxom

FYI you should post more often he's only been here 12 days and is catching up to your post count, don't be such a stranger the community likes to hear "Stuff". Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Hey Elrar,

Looks like you've started a trend. Looks like our friends at Blizz are following suit with their community managers. http://www.mmo-champion.com/members/970492-Araxom

FYI you should post more often he's only been here 12 days and is catching up to your post count, don't be such a stranger the community likes to hear "Stuff". Just saying
    I second this motion. I want to see you post in nearly every single thread on here that gets longer than 1 page. Anything we are discussing that long could probably use some type of CM input. Even if it is just a simple short something that says nothing political type of response, people love to see it here. I have seen, in a couple of the threads you posted in, that made up the persons mind to sub.

I agree. It would be nice to see moar of our fav trion peepz. :P

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Not really sure what you mean. We've got a raid at launch and a raid a month after launch. If we get another raid we will be at 3 raids in about 3.5 months.

Is wow doing a raid a month?
    Well, if you want to count the raids separately instead of lumping them all into 1 tier, MoP has introduced 3 raids already.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    Well, if you want to count the raids separately instead of lumping them all into 1 tier, MoP has introduced 3 raids already.
    So that's 3 raids in 5 months? (.6 raids per month)

I'm just wondering how that's "better" than 2 in 3 (.66 raids per month)? Or why 3 in 3 should is necessary when 3 in 5 is considered "good".

edit: If 2.2 comes out soon we would end up with about 3 in 3.5 or 3 in 4.

And we could end up getting this topic closed if the game vs. game discussion continues >.>

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    You are not comparing apples to apples though. Look here:

MoP released on Sept 25th, first major content patch, Nov 27th. 2 months apart. Now, another 2 months later, they are getting close to 5.2

SL released Nov 13th, first major content patch, Dec 12th, less than a month after release AND catching them up to WoW. Now they are getting close to next content patch.

So basically, Rift is going about twice as fast seeing as they got first content patch out in under a month were WoW took 2. They are both currently working on the next one, but WoWs has been out for almost 8 weeks where Rift is at 6. MoP had a headstart on SL, and they are both working on second major content. That means Rift is faster.

Not trying to game vs game much here, just presenting the facts about both sides releases.
    I was just trying to give an example after I put an unhappy face in my previous comment. Everyone jumped all over me like if I write down facts they will become true. They were already true.

Rather than continue to stir the pot I will stop posting in this forum. I canceled my Rift subscription last night because I was bored to death. Another competitor got my business again unfortunately as of Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    You're entitled to your opinion, but your view isn't shared by most people that continue to play the game. Also this isn't really the place to be bashing Blizzard or WoW, since this is the Rift forum for one of many reasons.

Go back to the GW2 forums where you came from, thanks. I'm sorry that these two games put yours to shame in terms of amount of content and things to do.
    I play rift, wow and gw2 off and on along with other games.

I don't consider dailys and farming tokens for a new mount content but yea that's my opinion.

On topic though pa level 3 will be out. What else do you think?

Everyone jumped all over me like if I write down facts they will become true. They were already true.
    But they aren't.

I mean, unless you want to take time of the expansions have been out, out of the equation which would be completely silly.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    So that's 3 raids in 5 months? (.6 raids per month)

I'm just wondering how that's "better" than 2 in 3 (.66 raids per month)? Or why 3 in 3 should is necessary when 3 in 5 is considered "good".

edit: If 2.2 comes out soon we would end up with about 3 in 3.5 or 3 in 4.
    Mop has been out 4 months not 5. Sept the 25th was the release date. 16 bosses, 18 if you count the 2 world bosses. All 16 have 10 man, 25 man and hard modes already. Next raid (which has been announced, no speculation) will have 12 bosses with an extra hard mode only boss.

Rift so far has 13 bosses, 4 ten man and 9 20 man, with hard modes to come next patch, but at the most a 10 man as well, if you're lucky.

But heres the thing, all these numbers don't mean crap, because all you're going to do is look at one that makes "your" game look better and decide that's what matters. Neither game is suffering for content at the moment, and that thing people on here do where they try and make it into a pissing contest because Rift has had loads of content in the first year just makes people look like weirdos with an axe to grind. Objectively, WoW has got more raid content currently, and has more confirmed for the future. It just has. You could argue Rifts is better, you could argue there is more of other content, but stop trying to twist the numbers in meaningless ways to defend the game you prefer. Hell, just stop feeling like you have to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    You know, at some point, Hitler was "just a beta" and people didn't stop him... then he went live.
    Just saying.
    MMO Champ forums - where Cata is comparable to Hitler.