Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by russykh View Post
    and that thing people on here do where they try and make it into a pissing contest because Rift has had loads of content in the first year just makes people look like weirdos with an axe to grind.
    Reminds me a lot of those weirdos with an axe to grind that come to other games subforums and try and start pissing contests because MoP has loads of content after a 9 month content desert.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Having to read some of the crap obvious trolls are allowed to post in the Rift section i'm not surprised Elrar stays away

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Looks like our friends at Blizz are following suit with their community managers
    I could be cynical and give plenty of reasons as to why, but i'll just say this is a WoW site, no questions asked, once you're a confirmed WoW poster you're given carte blanche to go into other games sub forums and bash it.

I've started posting less and less here, just not worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Having to read some of the crap obvious trolls are allowed to post in the Rift section i'm not surprised Elrar stays away

I could be cynical and give plenty of reasons as to why, but i'll just say this is a WoW site, no questions asked, once you're a confirmed WoW poster you're given carte blanche to go into other games sub forums and bash it.

I'm more likely to be banned for responding than they are for seeking out trouble in other MMO's subforums.

I'm very excited about the Warlock and Pyro changes currently in testing, great to see them getting a touch-up. Especially good to see Kervik implementing Consuming Agony, something Cookie and myself really pushed for in the late stages of Alpha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post

Elrar has thick skin, they have to as CM. Outside of the Rift forums this is probably the most active Rift community and of course we have drive by trolls, welcome to the internet. It's smart for CM's to post outside their official forums with the state of the way games are these days the ones that reach out to their communities can only help bolster it. I wouldn't be surprised at the CM's recent activity is from watching what some of the "other" guys do. These guys have a pulse on what's going on their not dumb.

I lurk the official forums they are pretty much full of whiners for the most part at Rift or any other official game forums for that matter. I don't feel any more warm fuzzy there then I do there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    PA is not something that needs to be "caught up." It's also not something you really need to go out of your way to grind. It's just something you get, as you do whatever you normally do, and can get some small bonuses out of it. Don't look at it and get discouraged, just keep playing and adding to it as you go. It fills up faster than you might think if you do it that way.
    Right now if I ding 60, a veteran will have about 550 Attack Power and 85ish stats over me by default.

Now, if T3 came out....

That's basically what I'm saying. Right now I don't feel it's too bad, but if T3 came out I'd be so far behind it would be discouraging.

10+ Year Old Account
    He He.

Only in mmo's do people stress that other people may be having more fun in another game... and hate them for it, going so far as to defend why their fun is better than the other guy's.

If you're having fun, who cares about how you're doing it? What does it matter if other people are having fun too - in a different way?

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 08:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    Right now if I ding 60, a veteran will have about 550 Attack Power and 85ish stats over me by default.

Now, if T3 came out....

That's basically what I'm saying. Right now I don't feel it's too bad, but if T3 came out I'd be so far behind it would be discouraging.
    As a person who loathes mindless grinding, I must say that the variety of methods in which you can achieve PA is really easy. I've unlocked several trees without much trying at all. I think just doing hunt rifts, or warfronts, dungeons, and other daily options will have you maxed out in no time. For most of these things, you get a full level each time. I think one hunt rift gives you over 1/2 a level or so.

Deleted

Now, if T3 came out....

Your calculations are highly innaccurate, let me break it down for you =)

This is from my cleric, but all classes will have the same stats the benefit from, translated into there class, so basically just replace SP with AP below if your a warrior/rogue

On my cleric I have a 2 handed staff, there are a total of 12 PA nodes across the tree's that give 8 SP from a 2h staff - 12x8 = 96 SP

I also have a wand equiped as my ranged weapon, again there are a total of 12 PA nodes across the tree's but they give upto 4 SP when fully maxed - 12x4 = 48 SP

So alone that's a total of 144 Spell power (550 just a bit exaggerated? )

There are a total of 20 Nodes for each stat across my tree's which are End, Wis and Int easy one of these give upto 3 of the stat. so simple math 20x 3 = 60 , This basically means you get 60 of each stat

Let's go a bit further now and translate those stats into spellpower

1 Wisdom = 0.75 SP
    1 Int = 0.25 SP
    1 End = 10 HP

60 Wis x 0.75 = 45 SP
    60 Int x 0.25 = 15 SP
    60 End x 10 = 600 Health

Tally that all up and the 'Max' benefit at this current point in time you can gain from PA is-
    194 Spellpower and 600 Health

Also while your leveling from 50-60 you gain at absolute minimum 250+ levels! This means if you allocate you points carefully you can pretty much gain 80% of the benefit of the SP and health from above!!

PA is an awesome way to slightly progress your character, but none of it is gamebreaking, PA is so so easy to get nowadays =) People like yourself blow it way out proportion!

Now, if T3 came out....

Like for realz... I had about 90 planar levels 20 days ago. Now I am at 255. I have not focused on it at all. I am going to hit the cap way before they do 2.2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by russykh View Post
    You could argue Rifts is better, you could argue there is more of other content, but stop trying to twist the numbers in meaningless ways to defend the game you prefer. Hell, just stop feeling like you have to.
    Aha! BUT! You forgot something else... if you count the number of seconds it takes to down a boss in Rift, not to mention the phases, technically Rift has more content - as it lasts longer! Therefore there is more content in Rift!

Plus - Volan is bigger than any boss in WoW. Much bigger. He's huge! I measured!

I kid, of course.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Plus - Volan is bigger than any boss in WoW. Much bigger. He's huge! I measured!

I kid, of course.
    I'll see your Volan and raise you a Deathwing. When you are fighting a boss' toenails while his body is so big it takes up the center of the ocean, then we can talk. Come at me bro
    BAD WOLF

btw didnt they say they want to release new hair styles etc in sl perhaps it comes with 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by Myray View Post
    btw didnt they say they want to release new hair styles etc in sl perhaps it comes with 2.2
    I hope so! Give me all the new cosmetic options, gotta look fabulous.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I'll see your Volan and raise you a Deathwing. When you are fighting a boss' toenails while his body is so big it takes up the center of the ocean, then we can talk. Come at me bro
    Really, gonna compare a raid boss(and an easy one at that) to a World Boss?

10+ Year Old Account
    Really, gonna compare a raid boss(and an easy one at that) to a World Boss?
    I'm guessing you missed the entire point of the two posts. Both of which were tongue in cheek and meant to be taken as humor. You really need to lay off the defensiveness today. And logically speaking, we were talking about size. Even if we were both serious, Deathwing would eat Volan as a potato chip based on size alone.

Can't believe I even had to clarify that. I hope that was just a really bad attempt at sarcasm.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I'm guessing you missed the entire point of the two posts. Both of which were tongue in cheek and meant to be taken as humor. You really need to lay off the defensiveness today. And logically speaking, we were talking about size. Even if we were both serious, Deathwing would eat Volan as a potato chip based on size alone.

Can't believe I even had to clarify that. I hope that was just a really bad attempt at sarcasm.
    I really need to start including /sarcasm in all my posts. For those that don't know, I am an extremely sarcastic person and obviously that does not come out in text well. It also does not help that I am having a bad day/week at work. I keep forgetting to bring a couple lunches in, then my boss leaves me here by myself and I can't leave to go get a lunch. Hell, today I didn't have a car since my g/f needed it to go grocery shopping, so even if the boss had been here, I couldn't have left to get lunch. Also out of sodas at work, and forgot to grab smokes this morning. So I'm sure everything I say is coming off wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really need to start including /sarcasm in all my posts. For those that don't know, I am an extremely sarcastic person and obviously that does not come out in text well. It also does not help that I am having a bad day/week at work. I keep forgetting to bring a couple lunches in, then my boss leaves me here by myself and I can't leave to go get a lunch. Hell, today I didn't have a car since my g/f needed it to go grocery shopping, so even if the boss had been here, I couldn't have left to get lunch. Also out of sodas at work, and forgot to grab smokes this morning. So I'm sure everything I say is coming off wrong.
    I am sarcastic as well, so I was holding on to that hope that you were being that way too. Fair enough...no soda and no smokes is like, the worst day ever. Not to tmention all that other stuff. Sorry you're having a bad day
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Greetings, Ascended!

It’s been a long road since an intrepid band of developers introduced the world to RIFT in 2010 by opening the original Alpha shard. Being able to share the game with external testers for the first time was a transformative experience. RIFT was no longer just a product, RIFT became a service, a living breathing game world. That idea was central to the team early on, but it really came to fruition the moment we threw the switch and let people in.

How can we make the game better for our players? This is the same question we've continued to ask ourselves and the community since that first day of Alpha. Every week of pre-release we added new content, new features, updated balance and pressed onward. That same spirit guides the RIFT team today. We strive to provide meaningful game updates and push the game forward just like we've done since that fateful day in August of 2010. We push to provide hotfixes every week that address issues brought to our attention.

As Rift approaches its second anniversary this March it could be all too easy rest on our laurels and focus on the past – but that’s not what the RIFT team is about. We’re about looking forward and finding ways to improve upon what we have built. The team is busy actively working on our next two major game updates, 2.2 and 2.3 – and the game updates beyond those are starting to solidify more with each day.

With 2.2 the Carnival of the Ascended – a celebration of the first appearance of the Ascended - will return to Telara. Along with it, new carnival games as well as some old favorites will be available, a slew of new Zone Events will appear in the Storm Legion zones, the Planar Attunement system will expand to tier 3, and we hope to add our first activated Hard Mode encounters to Endless Eclipse and Frozen Tempest. Of course, you can also expect more bug fixes, and updates to classes as we always provide. There are also some updates to PvP that have been sneaking out to the live servers before 2.2 hits.

What secrets are hidden behind the walls surrounding the Dendrome? As we approach game update 2.3 we’ll start to peel back the layers of mystery – but that is a story for another day, Ascended.

We look forward to sharing those secrets, and the continuing saga of RIFT as we boldly step into 2013.

Bill "Daglar" Fisher
    Lead Game Designer: RIFT

So 2.2 is the Carnival and 2.3 is dendrome.
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    So that's 3 raids in 5 months? (.6 raids per month)

I'm just wondering how that's "better" than 2 in 3 (.66 raids per month)? Or why 3 in 3 should is necessary when 3 in 5 is considered "good".

edit: If 2.2 comes out soon we would end up with about 3 in 3.5 or 3 in 4.
    A guildie corrected me today, we have 3 raids currently so that makes 1 raid a month.
    triumph of the dragon queen
    eternal eclipse
    and frozen tempest

my bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Part two of the 'in-progress' notes have been posted, obviously usual disclaimer applies, all subject to change

* 2.2 In-Progress Notes Set #2 - 23/1/13 *

GENERAL

* PTS ONLY: Added sub-30% hitpoint dummies to the Dummy Foundry.
    * Tier 2 PvP Planar Attunement is now available.
    * Increased Planar Attunement level cap to 1072.
    * PA: Swift Saddle Planar Attunements now function as expected!
    * Fixed a whole bunch of artifact locations that were unreachable due to ground or other objects!

ZONES

* Adjusted the boundary between Morban and Steppes of Infinity, so all parts of Arcanum Conservatory and Camp Skyburst are within Steppes.
    * Instant Adventure: Experience and Notoriety rewards are now boosted for larger IA groups.
    * Instant Adventure: Adjusted Instant Adventure bosses to be easier for small IA groups.

STEPPES OF INFINITY

* Zone Event: Shattered Earth: Fixed a case where some players would not receive rewards after participating in this event.
    * Zone Event: Fortress Defense: Removed some extraneous visual effects from the boss fight to help improve performance.
    * Added Rift-closing IAs to Steppes of Infinity.

SOULS

CLERIC

DRUID

* Spirit of Upheaval and Spirit of Asphodel are no longer on global cooldown, but will share a 1.5-second cooldown.

INQUISITOR

* Perseverance: With points spent in Determination, Perseverance now grants immunity to Knockback, Snare, Root, and Interrupt effects.
    * Scourge and Vex can now stack with each other.

MAGE

ELEMENTALIST

* Volcanic Eruption, Prismatic Volley: Increased damage.
    * Synergize: No longer on global cooldown.

NECROMANCER

* Parasite: Increased the damage dealt by the spawned Parasitic Leech.
    * Putrify: Can now proc off of any damage. Previously, this only procced from damaging abilities that applied Deathly Calling.
    * Lich Form: Reduced the Charge consumption rate.

PYROMANCER

* Improved Flame Bolt: Now only increases Spell damage, and no longer affects melee attacks.
    * Combust: Damage reduced.
    * Flame Sigil, Extinguish, and Fusillade no longer consume Combust stacks. These three abilities now also share a 10 second cooldown.
    * Fulminate: Now receives a 15% bonus for each stack of Combust on the target. Down from 25%.

WARLOCK

* Prion's Warlock Crystal: Fixed the 2-piece bonus not being removed when Contaminate expired or was turned off.
    * Prion's Warlock Crystal: Fixed the 4-piece bonus not being removed if Warlock Armor was removed.
    * Expanded Contagion: Now causes Radiate Death to spread Atrophy in addition to Life Leech and Necrosis.
    * Void Barrage: Will now refresh DoT effects at the start of the channel. Reduced cooldown to 20 seconds.
    * Void Decimation: Now increases the damage of Void Bolt and Void Barrage by 2.5-12.5% per Death DoT on the target.
    * Fixed a case where Salvage Corruption and Deathly Pall could be used to apply Death's Door to a target with greater than 50% health.
    * Flame Sigil: Reduced duration to 15 seconds. Now has a maximum stack size of 5.
    * Backdraft: Will now proc Quick Thinking if you have points spent in it.

ROGUE

ASSASSIN

* Serrated Blades and all weapon poisons can now critically hit.

BLADEDANCER

* Twin Strike, Compound Attack: AoE radius increased to 7 meters, up from 5.

MARKSMAN

* Electrified Munitions, Static Shock Munitions: Can now critically hit.

NIGHTBLADE

* Weapon Flare, Fiery Chains: AoE radius increased to 7 meters, up from 5.
    * Ignited Weapons and all weapon enchantments can now critically hit.

RANGER

* Concussive Blast: Now affects up to 5 targets, up from 3.

WARRIOR

BEASTMASTER

* Loyalty: Now heals the Warrior for the correct amount.
    * Ties that Bind: Also reduces the cost of Beastmaster abilities by 2-6%.

CHAMPION

* Chains of Death: Can now critically hit.
    * Chains of Life: Corrected typo on tooltip.

PARAGON
    * Sweeping Blades: Duration increased to 15 seconds.
    * Shifting Blades: No longer tagged as a Spell type ability.
    * Death Touch: Fixed the damage effect from Death Touch not being stackable by multiple Paragons.
    * Strike Like Iron: Now increases damage dealt by 7-21% based on Attack Points consumed, up from 5-20%. Duration increased to 20 seconds.
    * Devoted Training: Now increases Strength by 2-10%, lowered from 3-15%.
    * Precise Strikes: Increases damage of Swift Strike, Reaping Harvest, Setting Moon, and Flurry by 8-16%, up from 7-15%.
    * Calliope's Paragon Crystal: Now causes the target to take additional damage only from the Paragon and not all attackers.

RIFTBLADE

* Rift Barrage: Fixed Rift Barrage benefiting from the effect of Fork when it shouldn't.
    * All Burst finishers have had their cost and damage reduced. They are no longer on global cooldown by default.
    * Quick Burst: Functionality changed. Now increases attack power and weapon damage contribution on all Bursts by 25%. Their costs are reduced by 25%, down from 35%.
    * Synergy: Also increases the damage of all Finishers by 5%.
    * Blade of the Ascended: Now also increases all damage by 30%.
    * Fiery Burst: No longer tagged as a Spell ability.
    * Flame Spear: Damage reduced.
    * Storm Blade, Elemental Touch: Can now critically hit.
    * Calliope's Riftblade Crystal: Fixed the debuff from the 4-piece bonus not being stackable by different players. No longer increases the damage taken from Coda of Jeopardy, Spotter's Call, or Illuminate.

TEMPEST

* Evasive Redirection: Corrected a tooltip bug to indicate that Evasive Redirection will last up to 12 seconds, regardless of the number of Attack Points used.
    * Distracting Pulse: Should now be blocked by buffs and abilities that prevent interrupts.
    * Bioelectric Enhancement: Now increases Strength by 2-10%, down from 3-15%.
    * Grounded: Functionality changed. Now deals additional 2-6% damage with ranged attacks while standing still, and increases the damage of all Tempest abilities by 2-6%.
    * Stormbringer: Damage increase to Charged Pulse, Lightning Torrent, Storm Torrent, and Electricity Cascade changed to 7-21%.
    * Double Pulse: Damage reduced.

WARLORD

* Tactical Surge: Now lasts for 10-30 seconds, depending on Attack Points used. Increased from 5-25 seconds.
    * King of the Hill: No longer knocks back the target.
    * Ready Posture: Removed 20% reduction to damage dealt.
    * Offensive Surge: Functionality changed. Now increases the duration of your Surges by 33-100%.
    * Everything is a Weapon: Now increases attack power and weapon contribution by 25%, down from 30%.
    * Arterial Strike: Fixed a bug with this granting an Attack Point when it shouldn't.

PVP/CONQUEST

* New PvP consumables have been added to Mercenary Burke in Tempest Bay.
    * Ascended Courage: Now displays the items whose stats are replaced while in Conquest. The buff can no longer be seen on you by other players.
    * Teleporting to a Dimension from an active Warfront now applies the Ascended Disgrace debuff.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...1-23-13-a.html