Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Hybrid classes will dominate PvP in 5.2

This post is just an opinion and I am sure some ppl will for some unknown reason get offended (no clue why) but from what I can tell from patch notes 5.2 will be hybrid 3s...With the monk buffs and I guess it will be the return of Rogues too... From what I can see Mage and Locks will have their numbers lowered in the ranks...I am sure some ppl will say "if you know how to play your class" blah blah but the bottom line is they will be harder to kill and with losing their silences it is that much harder...Now I would rather take a Spriest or Balance Druid than a lock with no BF or a frost mage...My opinion...what are your thoughts?

It's not that Hybrid classes will dominate, it's just that maybe for once since Arena was first implemented ALL hybrids will be competitive.

Hearing you say "I'd take a Spriest or Balance Druid over a Mage or Lock" is music to my ears. I've dreamt of the day I could be as good as a Mage on my Moonkin.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am pretty sure my Balance Druid will still get wrecked by any and every melee. 5.2 will not be fixing much.
    "If I recall correctly I just posted that this topic is not to be discussed any further." -Ensidia Fanclub Founder

Meh I don't see why they will "dominate." Some pure dps classes got nerfed, but the pvp power change only give hybrids like 10-15% more healing than live.

Quote Originally Posted by syphonlife View Post
    25 percent more
    50% * 25% = 12.5%

Deleted
    But its ok for lock and mages to be taken over hybrids? why this bias? Why not have every class/spec balanced..

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highmoon7 View Post
    50% * 25% = 12.5%
    Am I missing something here? Live is 0%. PTR is 25%.

Quote Originally Posted by Harakhte View Post
    Am I missing something here? Live is 0%. PTR is 25%.
    Ah but you see, if you double 25% to 50%. Multiply the double by the PTR and take away live, you get

25% * 2 = 50%. 50% * 25% - 0% = 12.5%.

jk i have no idea where he got it from either.

correct that to "shadowpriests and monks will dominate in 5.2"

ferals might as well not be hybrids for the amount of healing they do
    rets are weak right now and are getting only small buffs.
    balance goes squish with out the right partners
    ele is getting small survivability buffs but also goes squish very quickly
    enhance is meh, and almost no one plays it
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    It's not that Hybrid classes will dominate, it's just that maybe for once since Arena was first implemented ALL hybrids will be competitive.

Hearing you say "I'd take a Spriest or Balance Druid over a Mage or Lock" is music to my ears. I've dreamt of the day I could be as good as a Mage on my Moonkin.
    There's a difference between "competitive" and "op". When other classes are flat out weaker in CC, burst and survivability than a hybrid that means the hybrid is op.

And "for once" doesn't indicate much since most hybrids have been rank 1 viable since s6 without missing a single season.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    Ah but you see, if you double 25% to 50%. Multiply the double by the PTR and take away live, you get

25% * 2 = 50%. 50% * 25% - 0% = 12.5%.

jk i have no idea where he got it from either.
    Hmm... this is from the patch notes:

•Balance, Feral, Windwalker, Retribution, Shadow, Enhancement and Elemental now gain 25% of the bonus healing provided by PvP Power, up from 0. Dedicated healers will continue to gain 50% of the bonus healing, and no bonus damage, from PvP Power.

So if your PVP Power provided a bonus of 50% damage, then you would get 25% of that which is 12.5%?

I think the Devs could have worded this better. I am confused on what they mean now...

Hmm, I don't heal right now, so how does healing work?

I know for damage, if you have PVP Power of 40% then your damage is increased 40% (Before reducing for resilience). As healing isn't reduced for resilience, did they put in a lower % for it, to make up for that?

So if you're a healer and have 40% PvP Power, does your healing do an extra 20% instead? (50% of PVP Power)

So, is their intention to give hybrids 25% of PVP Power, which if you had 40%, would be 10%, or 25% of the Bonus that a Healer would get, which would end up being like 5%?
    Last edited by Shaderas; 2013-01-18 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Ok, trying to figure this out...

Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post

•Balance, Feral, Windwalker, Retribution, Shadow, Enhancement and Elemental now gain 25% of the bonus healing provided by PvP Power, up from 0. Dedicated healers will continue to gain 50% of the bonus healing, and no bonus damage, from PvP Power.

So if your PVP Power provided a bonus of 50% damage, then you would get 25% of that which is 12.5%?

I think the Devs could have worded this better. I am confused on what they mean now...
    Yes this is correct. At 50% pvp (which is what most people have around), you get 50% * 100% (of the affect) for 50% more damage. However at 50% pvp for off healing you get 50% * 25% which is 12.5%. 12.5% is nothing to qq over.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post

Hmm, I don't heal right now, so how does healing work?

I know for damage, if you have PVP Power of 40% then your damage is increased 40% (Before reducing for resilience). As healing isn't reduced for resilience, did they put in a lower % for it, to make up for that?

So if you're a healer and have 40% PvP Power, does your healing do an extra 20% instead? (50% of PVP Power)

So, is their intention to give hybrids 25% of PVP Power, which if you had 40%, would be 10%, or 25% of the Bonus that a Healer would get, which would end up being like 5%?
    265 pvp power= 1% more damage
    healing spec: 50% for healing so 265 pvp power = 0.5%
    hybrid: 25% for healing so 265 pvp power = 0.25%

Deleted
    the baseline heal gets nerfed by over 25% .... so the whole change doesn't make sense what so ever

Players spec'd as healers are going to have a hard time for the start of the season and we will see less and less of them. Between the dispel cool down times, lack of cc most have, nerfed offensive spells/attacks and now even further watered down healing its going to be bad for them. This is just another classic WoW over correct, hopefully they fix if fast enough it doesn't have the same lasting effects of last seasons blunders.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

It was meant to boost other hybrids off healing beside the shadowpriest that got its flash heal smashed.

All in all, 5.2 hybrids will still be food for retarded melees stunlocks/uptime/burst.

Ret hits like a wet fish at the moment and is pretty much a 'melee support class', and sadly you can bet your ass they'll barely be changing as GC has said they're pretty much 'exactly where he wants them to be right now'.

So either everything is going to get nerfed down to Ret's level, or other classes will remain as they are/be buffed whilst Ret stays the same and GC remains in blissful ignorance. So piss-poor has this spec been lately that i've begun levelling my druid in anticipation of next patch and shall either be feral or resto. Level 87 at the moment.

Deleted
    Two words - Elemental Shaman.

Other than that the only hybrids I see still being competitive are spriests and ferals, the rest suck although maybe elemental with the new chain lightning changes could be really important in RBGs, more damage capability than a boomkin at focus points like flags.

Quote Originally Posted by Kejinx View Post
    Two words - Elemental Shaman.

Other than that the only hybrids I see still being competitive are spriests and ferals, the rest suck although maybe elemental with the new chain lightning changes could be really important in RBGs, more damage capability than a boomkin at focus points like flags.
    Why do people consistenly downplay/complain about rets? Rets were top tier in 5.1 slightly behind warriors and ferals. With little to no changes to them and major over the top nerfs to feral and warriors ret's going to be damn powerful come 5.2.

And lol at rets "hitting like a wet noodle". Ret burst is still one of if not the most powerful in the game. And their support role keeps them as the most powerful peelers in the game too.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15