10+ Year Old Account

Will Elemental Shamans in 5.2 use t15 pc 2 plus pvp gear?

Elemental Shamans sucked it up in the last season, shamans dps in general did from watching high end players show only games they won in 20 seconds cause of zerging with a warrior and other high burst dps in 5.0-5.1

The pc 2 pve gear appears to be just like the epic trinket from DS in the last expansion.
    It has less of a chance to proc at 10% but now with the changes to each hit vs each spell cast, CL spam with protection of grounding totem is going to be interesting to watch.

I'm thinking 2 Elemental Shamans with a Rogue will be a very good 3's comp simply for the large burst of damage to come since rogues were almost buffed to the point of end of Cataclysm if the patch notes are correct; and I mean the shut down capability. Adding in the fact that the rogue and the 2 shamans could be stealth each starting game play doesn't help others.

What does everyone else think?
    When life gets you down, stand back up.
    When something breaks, fix it.
    When Blizzard makes you wait 1 more year and gives you a crappy D3 game with no end game content, horrible nerfs, & says the AH is the greatest thing to come to a D3 game, It's OK to nerd rage and never buy another Acti-Blizzard game again. I know I wont.

Might try it out, but you do lose quite a bit of resilience and PvP power. And the PvP 4 set isn't that bad at all.

I don't see why it wouldn't be worth trying. The only downside is the loss of PvP Resil, Power, and 4-set. I would see this being more viable in something like 5's or RBGs with high control classes so the shaman can free cast. I'm pretty sure elly multiboxers will grind out one or two of their elly alts to have this set bonus for 3s and 5s.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalais View Post
    I'm thinking 2 Elemental Shamans with a Rogue will be a very good 3's comp simply for the large burst of damage to come since rogues were almost buffed to the point of end of Cataclysm if the patch notes are correct; and I mean the shut down capability. Adding in the fact that the rogue and the 2 shamans could be stealth each starting game play doesn't help others.
    It'll be an interesting setup, but I'm venturing a guess that survivability may be an issue. Even with the patch notes from 5.2 the one thing MoP rogues will not have that Cataclysm rogues did is durability. Recuperate being the finisher that added energy, and 6% damage reduction, all the while healing for 3% every three seconds (wasn't it more than that if talented in Cata?) and of course the ability to take extra 20% from healing.

Not entirely sure how durable Elemental shamans are, but I thought that was one of their weaknesses... so we'll have to see how it performs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    It'll be an interesting setup, but I'm venturing a guess that survivability may be an issue. Even with the patch notes from 5.2 the one thing MoP rogues will not have that Cataclysm rogues did is durability. Recuperate being the finisher that added energy, and 6% damage reduction, all the while healing for 3% every three seconds (wasn't it more than that if talented in Cata?) and of course the ability to take extra 20% from healing.

Not entirely sure how durable Elemental shamans are, but I thought that was one of their weaknesses... so we'll have to see how it performs.
    ^ pretty much this. You could just call it "Glass-Cannon Comp".

I feel like you'd want a shadow priest over a second elemental shaman. Void shift and shields might give you some breathing room to actually do some damage, and md would be very helpful for maintaining pressure in a comp where you have no gameplan but tunnel hard (both for cc and block/ds removal). I can't see pve gear working out for the best either. As decent as the t15 2p sounds, the thunderstorm cd reduction seems pretty solid too and the 1000 resil set bonus is just too big to lose (unless every team just sits your rogue).

I'm not sure how strong it would really be, but there's certainly a chance you could tunnel most healers pretty efficiently. The main weakness is how much this would hinge on your rogue's uptime while you're pveing--if his ccdance gets peeled it would probably all fall apart very quickly.

god forbid OP actually mentions what the 2pc t15 bonus is

god forbid op actually thinks a dps shaman has a place in a viable triple dps comp.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex