Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How many people actually play this game? [Interested in subbing]

I'm guessing since im not a sub or preferred i cant post in the actual forum ugh, anyway,

Is the game actually active? I played until level 10 and left the starter planet, but stopped after that because of all the restrictions put on me for being f2p past level 10. Deciding whether or not to sub..

How many people are actually active on the very high+ pop servers? is there lots of stuff going on? or would it be like playing on a ghost town wow server?

I'm on The Shadowlands, Empire side. In the evening, I regularly see 3 instances of the Imperial Fleet, usually with over 200 people each. I've seen upwards of 150 people on places like Dromund Kaas and Korriban, but I can imagine those numbers taper off as you get higher in level. There are quite a few raiding guilds going each night, and plenty of people looking for Operations as PUGs. The PvP community isn't quite as strong, but it still doesn't take long to queue for Warzones, whether you're 50 or not.

Jedi Covenant here, Emp Side. Usually about 3-4 instances of Imperial fleet near evening time. Both sides are very active, trade is always buzzing etc. 9/10 times you'll find a group for group quests on planets, etc. Couple of raiding guilds on Imp side ( Not sure about Repub side) All around good experience. If you're going to sub, sub and either play on Shadowlands or Covenant if into PvE or... Beregan something if you're into RP ( that server is always full, regardless of time.)

Thanks for the tips! much appreciated! Hopefully I can find a friendly active guild to make the game a little more fun ya know,

What about PVP servers? Any active one of those?

To be honest I know nothing of this game, and the prospect of getting ganked by high level imperials sounds exhausting. Shadowlands or cov is sounding good.
    Last edited by Optional; 2013-01-18 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Thanks for the tips! much appreciated! Hopefully I can find a friendly active guild to make the game a little more fun ya know,

What about PVP servers? Any active one of those?

To be honest I know nothing of this game, and the prospect of getting ganked by high level imperials sounds exhausting. Shadowlands or cov is sounding good.
    PvP servers are pretty (if not just as) active, especilly Prophecy of the Five.

As for being ganked, dont worry about it. OWPvP is so limited do to the exhaustion zones. The only time you might run into players of the opposite faction is Nar Shadaa, and end-game Black Hole & Ilum areas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsuragisama View Post
    As for being ganked, dont worry about it. OWPvP is so limited do to the exhaustion zones. The only time you might run into players of the opposite faction is Nar Shadaa, and end-game Black Hole & Ilum areas.
    Don't forget Hoth and Tattooine! I've been surprised how many skirmishes happen on those planets. You would think that on planet's that size people would stay away from each other but honestly I see more action on those two planets while leveling than anywhere else.
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugfest View Post
    Don't forget Hoth and Tattooine! I've been surprised how many skirmishes happen on those planets. You would think that on planet's that size people would stay away from each other but honestly I see more action on those two planets while leveling than anywhere else.
    Tatooine has a great sandpeople quest that sends both factions to the same small pond. It’s something you want to tackle after everything else on the planet, or during non-peak hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Parrin View Post
    Tatooine has a great sandpeople quest that sends both factions to the same small pond. It’s something you want to tackle after everything else on the planet, or during non-peak hours.

That actually sounds like fun!

I'm so torn.

The populations on each side are pretty healthy, I have no problems finding people to do the group quests with in less than a minute.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugfest View Post
    I've had a couple of PvP encounters on Alderaan.

Popoulations are pretty good right now at endgame. Leveling however you will probably have little leaning to no player interaction unless you roll on a pvp realm. Its kind of a single player experience unless you are on at peak times and maybe find people for the heroic group quests. aside from that its more of a speeders in the night kind of deal with player interaction on planets.

Deleted
    I play Empire on Red Eclipse, also have Shadow Jedi on Freedon Naad (waiting till transfer are going in this/next month as they told) and rly rly RLY a lot of people play now! On fleet there are 3-4 instances with 210+ people, on Kromund Kass i once saw 18 (EIGHTEEN!!!!) instances with 120+ people... game is rly having its second youth and moving into rly nice direction, I play it since day 0 (with 2 month or RL issue break) and cannot get enought of it Play, its worth it

---------- Post added 2013-01-19 at 07:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Leveling however you will probably have little leaning to no player interaction unless you roll on a pvp realm. Its kind of a single player experience unless you are on at peak times and maybe find people for the heroic group quests. aside from that its more of a speeders in the night kind of deal with player interaction on planets.
    Cannot agree, i lvl an alt now and never had to wait more than 10 minutes to gather team for any heroic i wanted to do on any planet, there are like 5 instances on each zone so absolutely no issue with low lvling

Deleted
    I would think the population is on the rise, tns of new players thanks to F2P, like myself ;P

I play on the harbringer and its really quite active on the 1st few planets... say to Ald then it has maybe 1-2 instances with 20-50 people on the latter planets. The Imperial fleet is always very active
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

I play on T3-M4, starting planets and several planets after you can find 100+ people even outside peaktimes. The only problem I've seen so far is that queuing up with a DD can be a pretty long waiting experience. However pvp window is popping up almost instantly.

at the moment i can say sw is a good choice for those that are fed-up with the actual system in wow, i am not saying to go sub for it but spending a few buck on cartel coins can really improve the game experience a lot

---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 04:32 AM ----------

one thing you have to note is that every class starts on a different planet so is normal to not see many players on the same map at the beginning

Quote Originally Posted by shinikage View Post
    one thing you have to note is that every class starts on a different planet so is normal to not see many players on the same map at the beginning
    Not quite. Inquisitors and Warriors begin on Korriban, while Bounty Hunters and Agents begin on Hutta. You'll still see 100 or more people there regularly.

Just avoid EU servers, full of russian scum.

<Infracted: Please refrain from nationality bashing>
    Last edited by Azuri; 2013-01-20 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
    Just avoid EU servers, full of russian scum.
    Go to fresh air i dunno, talk to people. Narrow minded people "full of causeless hate" like you ruins any community.
    Last edited by OmniSkribe; 2013-01-20 at 10:11 AM.

I actually do plan to sub! But not until the summer (get over my school work first )