Simcraft giving me odd values

So for fun I've been comparing myself to other shamans of roughly the same ilvl, and they all seem to sim around 10k dps higher than me. They all use a sha-touched weapon, while I've got a fully upgraded 511 dagger off elite mode protectors (which has roughly the same spell power as gained from the legendary meta gem). Even when manually putting in the heroic elite mode dagger in my profile, it only gains me 2k more dps. Is simcraft just not correctly simming sha-touched weapons? I'm very confused.

Since I can't post links, my character's name is Dashi on US-Mannoroth, and a shaman that is simming 10k higher than me is Act on US-Zangarmarsh.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide me on why simcraft is giving my toon such a low dps (90k).

Quote Originally Posted by Dashi View Post
    Is simcraft just not correctly simming sha-touched weapons?
    SimC doesn't really need to understand what a sha-touched weapon is in the first place. If in doubt, just add a bogus gem to your normal weapon, and give it an Int gem that is like 660Int or w/e it would be in total, and that should emulate a sha-touched weapon w/gem.

That said, sha-touched normal mode weapon vs normal mode Elite weapon shouldn't be a huge increase anyway. I'd suspect the 10k difference comes from something completely different.
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like more than half of you more than you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    pardon my english^^

maybe you use different talents/glyphs since simcraft simulates patchwerk fights, talents and glyphs (unleashed lightning for example) can make a big difference in dps.

edit:
    i looked up both characters. act uses different glyphs than you, did you try simulate your character with the exact same talents/glyphs as him/her?
    Last edited by Xarganthos; 2013-01-18 at 07:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarganthos View Post
    pardon my english^^

maybe you use different talents/glyphs since simcraft simulates patchwerk fights, talents and glyphs (unleashed lightning for example) can make a big difference in dps.

edit:
    i looked up both characters. act uses different glyphs than you, did you try simulate your character with the exact same talents/glyphs as him/her?
    She was using utility glyphs. I'm starting to think that it's not counting the fact I've upgraded various pieces of gear about 10 times now with valor, and I don't think Simcraft is taking that into account. Without all the valor upgrades, I'd prolly be more around 490 rather than 496 ilvl, but I'm not sure if that can entirely explain the 10k differnece in my dps with other shamans I've compared.

10+ Year Old Account
    which version are you using? 510-9 is taking upgrades into account