Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Even from a business standpoint, Blizzard should not care about the people complaining that recolored elite gear will be given to everyone. The only people who actually are getting flustered over this are the 2200-2300 tryhards that are consistently around this rating. The really good players don't even care, just go to AJ and see posts from Venruki, Talbadar, Nadaghast to name a few. They don't care. And neither should Blizzard.

Why? Because bringing that incentive in will make a lot more people, current or new, try PvP again. And losing out the few that actually rage enough to quit because their shinies aren't unique anymore is more than compensated by the aforementioned boost.

The "pro pvpers" are afraid now...they can no longer hide behind purchased "skill".

Amazing changes, now I'll be actively pvping for sure! If they can just up JP earnings now I can also begin introducing alts to pvp since I can then pve gear them with heroic dungeon pieces, and use the JP earned to convert and get one or 2 good pvp pieces together with the crafted gear.

i don't arena, or pvp at all. But, seeing as pvp should be based on skill, and not what gear you're wearing, it should be a quite good change for the more casual pvp'er.

A baddie will still get facerolled, whether he's wearing contender's or full 2200 gear.

Deleted
    great changes for pvp this will hopefully stop boosters and stuff and just sit at 2.2k+, so we will see how good they really are as they have to play all season to keep there ranks, a major update to arena since it came in BC

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 06:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Holy shit, this is going to piss a lot of people off..
    yeah boosters and shit and gladiator people, why should they get top position at the start and stay there, these changes are needed and if a few ppl whine over it who cares

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 06:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ponkie View Post
    Why can't they do this for PVE? Only 50% VP discount for the 5.0 gear? Will just rather use 476 Malevolent gear that was bought with Honor than spending JP to silly 458 blue gear.
    lol typical as soon as pvp gets love the pve whiners come in please shut up you get more love than pvp ever does

People QQing about this aren't nearly as skilled as they like to think of themselves as. They're mad because somewhere inside they know this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    People QQing about this aren't nearly as skilled as they like to think of themselves as. They're mad because somewhere inside they know this.
    agreed the lil 10yr olds are whining cos they cant boost or wintrade anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    i like how in theory this blue post works;
    we'll just have to wait and see huh

Good change, it still favors people that started early and continued to play, however it makes it a lot easier for mid seasoners to catch up

Inactive pvpers only get 1000pts per week of not playing, while active gets 1650+
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

Really good change. No more traders / fake glads and finally PVP weaps for BG players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Better late then never I suppose.

How about they fix the crazy amount of CC and broken mechanics rather than adjusting gear. It's not as big an issue as many people think it is. Dieing in a single stun or CC is.

Starting mid season now you will be demolished by people at 1400 rating in full malevolent simply because they outgear the shit out of you. Giving everyone elite gear won't solve anything

Deleted
    **as of patch 5.2 Team Rating will gradually increase as players participate in PvP over the course of the season.**

Best news in a long time, force them pussies to face real pvp'ers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjarne View Post
    Starting mid season now you will be demolished by people at 1400 rating in full malevolent simply because they outgear the shit out of you. Giving everyone elite gear won't solve anything
    Mal gear is with honor now?

Deleted
    love these changes

Deleted
    So I will also be able to get heroic PvE raid gear from farming LFR right, riiiiight.

Why not just give gear away at NPC´s.. World of retard craft. Oh well scrubs in elite gear will still be scrubs. Also blizz once again with their head up their asses and think lazy scrubs with no gear is the issue with pvp. Clueless morons are still clueless.

Amazing changes. I'll definitely be spending more time PVPing in 5.2.

Deleted
    So 2.2k weapons will be removed?

Quote Originally Posted by Totemgarden View Post
    This is the worst update in the game. all the terrible players will be given gear for no reason. way to ruin arenas blizzard and anyone who says im wrong is stuck in the 1500 bracket
    And they will still be terrible players.....

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 02:40 AM ----------

[QUOTE=Crevox;19886554]All this is going to do is make PVP players complain that the best PVP gear in the game can be gotten by anyone that just makes sure they cap their conquest. It means there is no gear for people that are good at the game, and any random dood can get the best gear simply by playing PVP.

Hmmm, I always thought it was the title that showed your skill. I couldn't gaf what gear you have if you don't have a title to go with it. pfft.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm loving all those changes. This will keep me pvping even more, hell I'll even start doing BGs again!