Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    A really good change, anyone thats been over 2,2k might agree with me.
    the first week of evry season people has gotten 2,2k and stayed there... capping in other brackets for elite gear, almost making it impossible to start up with alt's or any char mid season. This is a great change! I support it.

Good changes, I think Blizzard's on the right path to improve how the PVP season concept works !

WoW has a shit community, and the hardcore PVP community is easily the worst of it. I couldn't be happier to see a change like this pushed that will make them piss and moan and cry and threaten to leave their basements.

This just seems like a move to prevent what they deep down know what they SHOULD do - which is go to a GW2 PVP gear system where it's 100% skill.

Deleted
    Overall I think this change sounds pretty smart, but it seems to me that more cosmetic rewards for those at the highest ratings were removed, which seems like a shame.

I like the idea, but I think 2200 rating should still be a milestone of some sort. Maybe introduce Glad tabards again?

COMPLETLY DISAPPOINTED

Blizzard removed pvp goal, and now pvp is about farming conquest points during 6 months. I agree that elite weapons were a bad reward that created a wall, but every raid below 2200 rating wished to arrive at 2200 rating, even if it was impossible for them. Without any goal there's no reason to go. Even the uninteresting challenge modes has some kind of reward to go for.

I can't be the first, I'm realistic, but I can complete the content, I'm optimistic. To reach the end is always my purpose. But now, PvP has no end, it's a pointless neverending race that we can't win.

The 2200 goal was good, the elite weapon reward was bad. Just replace the reward for another one, a good one.

In 5.2 PvP will be farming. Bah.
    Last edited by Zoros; 2013-01-18 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoros View Post
    COMPLETLY DISAPPOINTED

Blizzard removed pvp goal, and now pvp is about farming conquest points during 6 months. I agree that elite weapons were a bad reward that created a wall, but every raid below 2200 rating wished to arrive at 2200 rating, even if it was impossible for them. Without any goal there's no reason to go. Even the uninteresting challenge modes has some kind of reward to go for.

I can't be the first, I'm realistic, but I can complete the content, I'm optimistic. To reach the end is always my purpose. But now, PvP has no end, it's a pointless neverending race that we can't win.

The 2200 goal was good, the elite weapon reward was bad. Just replace the reward for another one, a good one.

In 5.2 PvP will be farming. Bah.
    So being the very best suddenly isn't a goal anymore?

i kind of agree with Zoros here, pvp will be a farm. But isnt that what it has always been? farm for honor gear, then for conquest gear, and then for rating. For myself I feel this change will be great, allowing players like myself to reach high in arenas. I play 5 different characters, had 7 I played in cata. Now I dont have to wurry about being behind on gear farm, and can focus on rating. Being stuck on 1900 mmr on 3-4 chars cus I'm so far behind on gear and always meeting full t2 warriors, mages, hunters or locks which recks us.

A goal doesnt have to be a chase for a reward such as the 2.2k weapon. My goal has been to reach high arena rating, to be better than most others with several classes no matter what virtual reward i get. I cant play 1 character on days end without having a go at my other characters, I like variety. And now with these changes I see myself playing competivately on my alts aswell, running certain setups with the guys I find fun playing with.

I like this change but im afraid random bg botting might get out of the hand since all you need for elite gear is conquest points. Good thing is that I can play my favorite bracket 2v2 and still get t2 weapon. Blizzard rules

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Well this is all true but removing the 2200 RE-colors is a mistake despite I don't have it myself I do welcome seeing people have them even if some of them bought it *giggle*
    Agreed. The 2200+ should have either recolor or a 'hardmode' like cosmetic only set.
    I myself would never get to even pretend to get close to them...but I think there should be some kind of reward for the people that do

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 12:46 PM ----------

And as soon as the patch goes live the amount of low lvl campers triple =P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klog View Post
    This just seems like a move to prevent what they deep down know what they SHOULD do - which is go to a GW2 PVP gear system where it's 100% skill.
    The vast majority of players want to progress their characters in pvp and pve. Plus even when all gear is the same the classes and more important the abilities still have to be balanced so it's not always 100 % balanced anyways.
    Last edited by yuca247; 2013-01-18 at 05:54 PM.

The real question now is - how will this effect PVE since 4 sets of PVP gear vs 3 of PVE gear. Specially when it comes to weapons. Blizzard can not put PVE weapons on last boss like they used to do. Then getting the PVP weapon is the only way for so many and PVE becomes worthless.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda like the idea of them removing arena and rbg ratings but will that make the reason to play them void?

I realy like this change and I think is improving the game because now all people can get the best gear but they arenot all able to catch the top ratinngsand win the
    people with the same ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Koothrapali View Post
    i kind of agree with Zoros here, pvp will be a farm. But isnt that what it has always been? farm for honor gear, then for conquest gear, and then for rating. For myself I feel this change will be great, allowing players like myself to reach high in arenas. I play 5 different characters, had 7 I played in cata. Now I dont have to wurry about being behind on gear farm, and can focus on rating. Being stuck on 1900 mmr on 3-4 chars cus I'm so far behind on gear and always meeting full t2 warriors, mages, hunters or locks which recks us.

A goal doesnt have to be a chase for a reward such as the 2.2k weapon. My goal has been to reach high arena rating, to be better than most others with several classes no matter what virtual reward i get. I cant play 1 character on days end without having a go at my other characters, I like variety. And now with these changes I see myself playing competivately on my alts aswell, running certain setups with the guys I find fun playing with.
    The danger with this system is that it will only turn into grinding - leading to more danger of afkers and bots. When a game considers the only thing needed to get gear is to push 1 button to Q up... and get gear - then something has failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Exerus View Post
    I kinda like the idea of them removing arena and rbg ratings but will that make the reason to play them void?
    They're removing rating requirements on gear, not the ratings themselves, so you still compete to beat out others.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    So being the very best suddenly isn't a goal anymore?
    How many guilds try to get the first world kill? Less than 1%
    How many players at the beggining of expansion try to be first lvl max? Less than 1%

Players are realistic and prefer human goals. 2200 rating was a challenging goal with a good reward feeling for an important amount of players. The highest rating is something that only a minimal amount of players care about.

Why atempt to raise the rating? If Blizzard don't make me feel unhappy with rewards at higher rating than mine, I'm happy where I am. In other words, PvP will be farming. Each week cap your conquest points and that's all. No goals and at the end, boring as doing daylis.
    Last edited by Zoros; 2013-01-18 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yuca247 View Post
    The vast majority of players want to progress their characters in pvp and pve. Plus even when all gear is the same the classes and more important the abilities still have to be balanced so it's not always 100 % balanced anyways.
    Nothing will ever be 100% balanced, it would be a huge leap in that direction though
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

They should not give elite gear to 2200 players anymore. Reverting the change would be a bad idea. I'll break it down.

1.) The people actually complaining about are very few in number, there's really nothing to worry about from them crying endlessly.
    2.) Giving elite gear to everyone encourages more people in general to participate.You remove the carrot on a stick from mediocre players and give a carrot on a stick to nearly every PvP player. This = success.
    3.) From a business standpoint, it's a sound idea. More people like I said will be intrigued and subs will increase because of it. Also, having more options to choose from color variations will help reduce boredom and increase variety.
    4.) 2200 players aren't really good. They are mediocre. If anything put a cosmetic tabard and give it to 2400, 2500, and 2600 players. Those players truly deserve it. 2200 is honestly nothing impressive, from the view of a player who's been much higher in the past.
    5.) It helps kill the boosting/carry business. People will no longer have an incentive to buy T2 weapons OR special snowflake gear anymore, this can only be good for the community. It will help increase competition and people looking to get the 2200 ratings simply to prove they are good, not to chase some carrot on a stick.
    6.) It will help remove the toxic tryhards who can only brag about their snowflake gear and are too bad to get any other cosmetic reward. It will reduce elitism and general hostility that's prevalent in the PVP community today. The top, top players I've actually talked to or read a post from DO NOT CARE about this. They simply do not, because the challenge is all that's needed for them and they do not need to feel special, because they realize it's absolutely pathetic.

All in all, it's an excellent change and one I have no doubt Blizzard considered and planned through. This change can ONLY be good for the PvP community as a whole. If you do not support this, frankly, you are being a selfish brat and only caring about stroking your ego instead of realizing the big picture.

The problem with the removal of the rating requirement for Elite gear is that now the only reward is the rating itself which doesn't do anything for you in game and there will be a drop off of people playing/people playing less because there's nothing for them to work for and get out of it. There needs to be some type of in game reward for hitting 2.2k, possible rewards:

Title that is only available while at that rating (similar to the one from BWD achieve)
    Special mount that is only usable while at that rating (must be usable in non-flying areas; similar to the way the halloween broom mount works)
    Transmog set that looks different from current PVP/PVE tier gear (not just a recolor; similar to challenge mode rewards or even use the same rewards)

But I agree that it shouldn't be a stat booster that gives you an advantage over others. The only advantage you should have that matters is skill.

The rest of the changes look like really good improvements for everyone.