Idea for raid bosses

There have been a lot of celebrities in WoW commercials and some of the modifications to the default character models are kind of cool, I was thinking it would be kind of neat to see them again in the form of raid bosses. I was thinking they could be fought similar to the way the Faction Champions in ToC played out, in that you would randomly face a team of celebrity characters. One run you might face a team of Ozzy, Chuck Norris and Verne Troyer, and the next time you might be set against Shatner, Jean-Claude Van Damme, and Mr. T.

I know that the Faction Champions fight received a mixed reception, but I found the fight enjoyable in that it was always a slightly different experience. This would be along the same vein, where each of these celebrities represents a different class, and they can incorporate some unique attacks that way (roundhouse kicks, mohawk grenades, shredding).

WoW has used joke bosses in the past, its a game that is constantly throwing pop culture references and making fun of itself. As far as where it could fit into lore, maybe all of these characters are a secret society and they're running the same raid that you are trying to stop some worldly threat and you clash. Its happened before.

Feel free to pick apart my idea, or else suggest bosses or encounter types that you'd like to see.
    Last edited by Aundas; 2013-01-18 at 03:09 AM.

This fits into Lore how?

15+ Year Old Account
    No.

No. More. Faction. Champs.
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

I just want a giant murloc boss. I mean, how have they not made one yet?

Meh, I thought it was a fun idea to spitball around. They wouldn't be the main bosses of course, just a filler battle. I think it'd be a more entertaining fight than "insert giant random dragon/elemental/golem thing here".

A giant Mr. T would be an enjoyable raid boss. Like Rag sized. Maybe a world boss!

10+ Year Old Account
    soooo bosses based on the commercials..... YYYYEEEEESSSSSSSSS

can we also have the jinyu force?

Needs moar Mighty Morphin Zandalari Rangers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    Needs moar Mighty Morphin Zandalari Rangers.
    GO GO ZANDALARI RANGERS YOU MIGHTY TRANSMORPHING ZANDALARI RANNNNGGERRRS dodododododo *guitar*

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    GO GO ZANDALARI RANGERS YOU MIGHTY TRANSMORPHING ZANDALARI RANNNNGGERRRS dodododododo *guitar*
    Tundra Mammoth!
    Terrorwing!
    Dire Horn!
    Pandaria Sabre!
    TERRANSAUCE!

I've got to admit... this is the first raid boss idea I've seen on here that I actually liked. Good job, OP!
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Haha that does sound like a pretty cool boss, but idk how well it would actually go over in the game

10+ Year Old Account
    If the characters were loosely based on those commercial celebrities, maybe. You can have them wander around an arena somewhere like NPCs. They already do something like that with the Brawler's Guild, with NPCs based on characters from movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    the fight would be impossible

chuck norris is a boss....