Anyone having bigtime input lag?

So about a week or so ago, all of a sudden I'm having insane input lag and it's not getting any better. I tried deleting Cache, WTF, interface and it's not helping. It seems that about every 30seconds or so my game will be unresponsive for about 4 seconds. My mage will stand there in the casting animation or just stand still until the dead period ends then it's back to usual for about 30 seconds or so until it happens again. I've been experimenting a bit and it seems if I take a step that it will sometimes go back to normal. My friend said jump, but either way I'd hate to have to jump/move every 30 seconds in a raid.

Any tips? I'd really appreciate it if someone can help me out here. I'm clueless as to what to do about this.

Are you using any cable internet that is routed through Cogent-hosted servers to connect to wow? If so they are having terrible issues with latency spikes and just obscenely high latency in general, especially during peak hours.

I use Armstrong, it's around the PA, OH, WV area. It just feels that it's more of an issue with me though since it just came out of nowhere a little over a week ago. Internet and such seems fine, but I guess I wouldn't notice as much if it spikes every 30seconds.

If your latency is fine and its just fps tanking it's most likely an addon that needs update or removal. Go through whatever addons u have and update all of them.

It's the latency and not the fps. Fps is fine. My latency spikes like mad at random intervals though.

Quote Originally Posted by PriestLuna View Post
    It's the latency and not the fps. Fps is fine. My latency spikes like mad at random intervals though.
    Do a traceroute to your servers IP address. If you see high latency at a point along that route that's a cogent server, I and several other people have been experiencing issues with ISPs routing through them to connect to WoW servers. For whatever reason they can't handle loads well and slow down, sometimes to extremes. If it's not that, Im out of solutions :/

Got a few Cogent servers that were in the 200s for latency. After about 15 or so hops all the requests timed out.

Quote Originally Posted by PriestLuna View Post
    Got a few Cogent servers that were in the 200s for latency. After about 15 or so hops all the requests timed out.
    Thats the problem; Blizz acknowledged it, says its the ISPs. ISPs refuse to acknowledge it and nothing has happened as of yet. I am going to side with Blizz on the issue since it's only specific ISPs routing through them causing issues, rather than in general and it gets particularly slow during evenings/night at peak hours; early in the morning things are pretty much normal.

So our only option is to call our ISP and request they stop routing through Cogent servers? I can see how that isn't going to go over well. I'm sure I have 0 rights in this matter and that they could care less about 1 person complaining about a bit of latency issues. Have you called your's? How did it go?

I've read that you can call and ask for a Level II technician and make the request, but still arguing with big companies isn't that easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it is a Cogent vs. ATT issue. Problem for me is in the ORD handoff, there is a 66 page forum post on the "official forums on Battle Net". I am a new guy to this forum so I can't post the link. It is a real nasty issue and unfortunatly, we as paying subscribers are left with little resolve. This began about a month ago, where routing protocols were switched and Cogent, has a bad node. I play on Blackhand, if anyone is interested, here is the IP and you can do a tracert and watch the issue. 206.18.148.164

I mean you don't have to be Stephen Hawking to see what and where the issue is.

Peace

Hi all, here's one of the more active posts concerning the issue. Of specific interest, see Velnrak's response, post #380.