Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

RBGs just became Mandatory all season long!

If you haven't read the PVP Blog post, wtf are you doing here.

27,000 points earned is the new 2200. Then after that 27,000 it's another whole set to buy! Then after that oh look it's 5.3, time for the item level upgrade again... so some 70,000 points later you are fully geared... and oh look the season isn't decided till the very end, so you have to be.

So week in and week out, bye bye fun arena, hello hours of garbage RBGs. RBG or don't pvp competitively. That's the message here.

PvP is going backwards. The whole point of Arena was to get rid of the point grinding. To get rid of the large groups and mandatory hour after hour of BGs. It was having fun with a couple friends, and collecting loot after staying up all Monday night.

For the love of Thrall! When will GC be stopped.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post

27,000 points earned is the new 2200. Then after that 27,000 it's another whole set to buy! Then after that oh look it's 5.3, time for the item level upgrade again... so some 70,000 points later you are fully geared... and oh look the season isn't decided till the very end, so you have to be.

So week in and week out, bye bye fun arena, hello hours of garbage RBGs. RBG or don't pvp competitively. That's the message here.

PvP is going backwards. The whole point of Arena was to get rid of the point grinding. To get rid of the large groups and mandatory hour after hour of BGs. It was having fun with a couple friends, and collecting loot after staying up all Monday night.

Ehhh is it a full set or just the elite weapons? I found this post rather unclear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am thinking it's the whole set, so they have a 4 tier system to match PVE and that smoother power curve.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

I am thinking it's the whole set, so they have a 4 tier system to match PVE and that smoother power curve.
    "elite" gear doesnt have more stats, it never has except the tag of elite and the look. Only thing is the weapon

Hmm, I hope it's not the entire set. But even if it is, really all it does is make conquest another stepping stone, and elite the new norm. You may even see people going with crafted blues and skipping honor entirley and just grinding conq for 10 weeks, or maybe even rbg all the time as you suggest. Either way, it forces you to play, which i guess is an advantage to those who do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    "elite" gear doesnt have more stats, it never has except the tag of elite and the look. Only thing is the weapon
    Right now it doesn't... ...

He is right, only the weapons are superior.

Huh? You realise there's nothing stopping you playing arena for points?

Lets break this down.

PVP is about competitive play between players? (With me so far?)
    Current system means if you play hard in the opening weeks you have the tools to artificially remove this competition as superior gear means those coming after can't get the gear they need to beat you... because they need to beat you to get the gear. It's chicken and egg.

Where you get your points from doesn't matter in the slightest. If you only want to arena, you only arena. You get your points and thus gear a TINY bit slower but by the end of the season anyone who's bothered about PVP has similar levels of power in their character so it all comes down to competition to "win" the ladder.

As it sits now, there's already a difference between arena points cap and RBG points cap so this change makes zero difference (except you previous were able to get to the elite gear quicker and hold it).

So in summary it's PVP going forwards...exactly the opposite of your rather blinkered point of view.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should read the blog carefully again.

Arena sucks anyway. Blizzard knows that and admits it, so this is a positive change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fiireballz View Post
    Hmm, I hope it's not the entire set. But even if it is, really all it does is make conquest another stepping stone, and elite the new norm. You may even see people going with crafted blues and skipping honor entirley and just grinding conq for 10 weeks, or maybe even rbg all the time as you suggest. Either way, it forces you to play, which i guess is an advantage to those who do.
    Except it forces you to play RBGS, which is what I hate about it. RBG and get elite gear 30% faster. If they equal the amount of points you get from Arena and RBGs, and dont put back in that stupid ilvl increase vendor, then I'd quite like the change. But I am sick of having to do fucking RBGs for fucking Points to be able to Arena.

I'd rather have the Wrath system where I had to raid to do Arena, because at least that way I only had to do it till DBW dropped and I collected my legendary.

Deleted
    People should learn to read. You can still buy Tyranical pvp gear with conquest points. After 27K Conquest earned you can buy them for honor instead.

And why are you whining, if you're not capping your conquest, you aint serious about pvp, and ergo you have no need for the top tier gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    Huh? You realise there's nothing stopping you playing arena for points?

Lets break this down.

PVP is about competitive play between players? (With me so far?)
    Current system means if you play hard in the opening weeks you have the tools to artificially remove this competition as superior gear means those coming after can't get the gear they need to beat you... because they need to beat you to get the gear. It's chicken and egg.

Where you get your points from doesn't matter in the slightest. If you only want to arena, you only arena. You get your points and thus gear a TINY bit slower but by the end of the season anyone who's bothered about PVP has similar levels of power in their character so it all comes down to competition to "win" the ladder.

As it sits now, there's already a difference between arena points cap and RBG points cap so this change makes zero difference (except you previous were able to get to the elite gear quicker and hold it).

So in summary it's PVP going forwards...exactly the opposite of your rather blinkered point of view.
    PvP is about competitive play,yeah I followed you there, then you went off into idiot town and I hit the brakes. How the fuck is forcing RBGs every week to be competitive in Arena, improving competitive play? That's like saying you should have to 5 man every week to raid.

It's also not a tiny bit slower.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm pretty damn excited for these changes. The weapon takes 27k Conq instead of 7250 though? Or did I misread? Everything else sounds AWESOME

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 10:12 PM ----------

PvP is about competitive play,yeah I followed you there, then you went off into idiot town and I hit the brakes. How the fuck is forcing RBGs every week to be competitive in Arena, improving competitive play? That's like saying you should have to 5 man every week to raid.

It's also not a tiny bit slower.
    You do have to 5 man to raid, in a way (VP.) But anyway...
    How is it different than now? If you aren't doing 1-2 RBG wins a week you're only crippling yourself. Don't see what you are complaining about...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    You should read the blog carefully again.
    Take your own advice.

It’s worth noting here that the 27,000 Conquest Points earned requirement must always be met to buy Elite armor and weapons in every season.

In terms of relative power, we’re tuning the item levels, PvP Power, and Resilience on the new set of PvP items so that the difference between Malevolent and Elite Tyrannical Gladiator’s gear is similar to the relationship between this season’s Dreadful and Malevolent Gladiator’s gear.
    The top part says Armor and Weapons, the bottom part spells out the ilvl change.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 04:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty damn excited for these changes. The weapon takes 27k Conq instead of 7250 though? Or did I misread? Everything else sounds AWESOME

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 10:12 PM ----------

You do have to 5 man to raid, in a way (VP.) But anyway...
    How is it different than now? If you aren't doing 1-2 RBG wins a week you're only crippling yourself. Don't see what you are complaining about...
    It sucks now, but the number of weeks of RBGs necessary to get a competitive edge just went up by a factor of at least 2. Instead of a rush to 15.7 its 27, instead of being able to let off after, it's pushing through till the whole new set is done... The point grind will be far greater.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    So you're upset that people can't just camp a rating and actually have to continue working on their set? I don't see the issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you're upset that people can't just camp a rating and actually have to continue working on their set? I don't see the issue.
    Illinois is not a great place to learn reading comprehension I take it.

I dont understand WHY its so tough to go back to the old system of rating requirements (or conquest earned with their new system) on gear.

Say you can get all t1 conquest gear at any rating. Make t2 gear (better stat-wise) have requirements on conquest earned for every piece (OR a certain rating, so a good player can get them early), like 10k for the shoulders and 15k for the chest or whatever. Also require the t1 piece to buy it. That allows people to slowly upgrade, not create the "wall" or whatever at 2200, and be fine. That was essentially the bc/wrath system and I was fine with it. In conjunction with their catch-up system this would be fine.

I hope the numbers on alot of what they were saying are placeholders, and on that note I really hope the conquest per win starts scaling. If you join week 10 you have a 10k conquest cap? Do u know how fucking long that would take to get at 180 per win for arenas? Not to mention thats way too much for 1 week.

OT: Yea they need to scale arenas to compete with rbgs, really would fix that issue.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol. I don't understand how you have to do RBG's ANY more than currently. Attacking a state = good argument though, bro. Real intimidating.
    Currently, your cap is higher if you RBG anyway, and you need to do RBG's to cap anyway. Changing the system from 2200 (yay random walls, the jump from 2k-2.2k is pretty stupid right now) to conquest point capping every week only means good things.

---------- Post added 2013-01-17 at 10:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    I dont understand WHY its so tough to go back to the old system of rating requirements (or conquest earned with their new system) on gear.

Say you can get all t1 conquest gear at any rating. Make t2 gear (better stat-wise) have requirements on conquest earned for every piece (OR a certain rating, so a good player can get them early), like 10k for the shoulders and 15k for the chest or whatever. Also require the t1 piece to buy it. That allows people to slowly upgrade, not create the "wall" or whatever at 2200, and be fine. That was essentially the bc/wrath system and I was fine with it. In conjunction with their catch-up system this would be fine.

I hope the numbers on alot of what they were saying are placeholders, and on that note I really hope the conquest per win starts scaling. If you join week 10 you have a 10k conquest cap? Do u know how fucking long that would take to get at 180 per win for arenas? Not to mention thats way too much for 1 week.

OT: Yea they need to scale arenas to compete with rbgs, really would fix that issue.
    You don't have to do it all in one week. It says in the blog that your bonus cap will just keep growing until you plow through it all, and I assume that your CP gain from doing arenas would get you the current weeks cap instead of plowing through the "rested" conquest until you have capped for the week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol. I don't understand how you have to do RBG's ANY more than currently. Attacking a state = good argument though, bro. Real intimidating.
    Currently, your cap is higher if you RBG anyway, and you need to do RBG's to cap anyway. Changing the system from 2200 (yay random walls, the jump from 2k-2.2k is pretty stupid right now) to conquest point capping every week only means good things.
    Maybe you will understand numbers.

27,000 > 15,700, 1 elite piece < 11 elite pieces