Macro to announce /w when a stat reaches "x" amount

Im looking for a macro that i can bind to a generic damage attack (mutilate) so that when a combat rating hits a threshhold - say 100% crit or higher, when the attack is pressed it will /w myself to let me know.

Basically I want to use it to track the proc on http://www.wowhead.com/item=12590/felstriker as it causes no buff.

Im aware of such macro's involving things like GetCombatRatingBonus(6) but which 1 is crit and would it be as simple as combatratingx > 100 then /w PROC?

Thanks in advance for any help.

*Edit*
    After Reading around a bit ive got abit of a macro running,

/script local u = (GetCombatRating(CR_CRIT_MELEE)); DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("PROC: "..u..".");

I just need to add some sort of "if" and also the combat ratings are strange, probably due to an outdated code from TBC times. CombatRating gives the crit rating value 4-5kish, where as CombatRatingBonus gives the amount of crit I have excluding the base crit, and as Felstriker adds to base rather than crit rating value %, this doesnt tell me a change. :<
    Last edited by Smashysmashy; 2013-01-13 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smashysmashy View Post
    Im looking for a macro that i can bind to a generic damage attack (mutilate) so that when a combat rating hits a threshhold - say 100% crit or higher, when the attack is pressed it will /w myself to let me know.

Basically I want to use it to track the proc on http://www.wowhead.com/item=12590/felstriker as it causes no buff.

Im aware of such macro's involving things like GetCombatRatingBonus(6) but which 1 is crit and would it be as simple as combatratingx > 100 then /w PROC?

Thanks in advance for any help.

*Edit*
    After Reading around a bit ive got abit of a macro running,

/script local u = (GetCombatRating(CR_CRIT_MELEE)); DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("PROC: "..u..".");

I just need to add some sort of "if" and also the combat ratings are strange, probably due to an outdated code from TBC times. CombatRating gives the crit rating value 4-5kish, where as CombatRatingBonus gives the amount of crit I have excluding the base crit, and as Felstriker adds to base rather than crit rating value %, this doesnt tell me a change. :<
    You could probably set up a weak aura since I believe it shows that you gain the buff in the combat log.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

No there's no buff in combat log or UI. The only thing is that the combat screen scrolling text shows the buff + buff fade, so could possibly track the spell cast?

According to WoWHead it triggers a buff.

Anyway, I don't know if you really get melee crit (don't have the dagger to test it)
    If so you may use this:
    Code:
    /run if GetCritChance()>=100 then print("100% crit!") end

OMG you are awesome, works like a treat <3

Quote Originally Posted by Smashysmashy View Post
    OMG you are awesome, works like a treat <3
    definite agree, amazing