Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    I went to ArenaJunkies fully expecting massive QQ. I was pleasantly surprised. These are welcome changes to most of the AJ community, according to responses in the 5.2 PvP changes thread. There are a lot of really good players there, so I think that says something.

only the rbg heroes and people who barely get 2200 are complaining, seriously.

It's funny reading people say "you take the competitiveness out of the game by removing gear requirement". no one competes for T2, they compete for gladiator and rank 1. If anything this will only increase your competition and level the playing field.

Quote Originally Posted by angelflavor View Post
    If skill is an advantage then equal gear shouldn't be a problem. Bad players will still take longer to gear out mind you.
    That's the point. People want prizes for the competition, elite gear has always been the target of the fire of envy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by angelflavor View Post
    If skill is an advantage then equal gear shouldn't be a problem. Bad players will still take longer to gear out mind you.
    That is great when it comes to the weapon, however the 2200 requirement should not have been removed from the armor parts which is just cosmetic items, same stats as the regular gear but looks different.

There is only one solution to this.

Free cookies to everyone that breaks 2k rating.

Deleted
    If I get killed withith 1 min of an arena fight in 5.2, I can finally blame the lack of peels and skills my team got and not rage over how much more damage and health the other team got.

I will resub for 5.2 and test it out. This looks promesing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    If you are so skilled you can beat them with the same gear. True pvp games have no gear or gear scaled to the same levels.
    Exactly... Lol, if anything this is a measure to ensure pvp is competitive to start with instead of gear check facerolls

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirv3s View Post
    Elite Tyrannical Gladiator’s gear can only be purchased with Conquest Points after 27,000 Conquest Points have been earned for the season.

Why is the advantage of being skilled removed? Why does Blizzard make rated arenas & BGs another place to die to boredom... everybody will hit the CP required for elite-gear at the same time, removing the whole idea of it.
    The advantage of being skilled is not removed. The opposite is true, being skilled is more important than ever.

My ratings and titles will be more prestigious than ever because competition will be more fierce. It will mean something again.

And no, good players will have the necessary CP about twice as fast as bad players.

This is a glorious change, looking forward to it a lot.

I don't understand, if you go and start PVP in the middle/end of the season, why is it a hypothesis that you should be able to get to the top? I just started to play PVP a month ago, no problem and easily to +2.2k rating.

Eventually, the whole game will consist of endless farming and all the skill-based requirements being removed.
    It's the same farming right now. Only if you switch mains or even just want to play an alt there is no way to catch-up now and the grind will be more excrutiating, unfun and pointless. The future is brighter. Getting my alts ready right now.

Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    That is great when it comes to the weapon, however the 2200 requirement should not have been removed from the armor parts which is just cosmetic items, same stats as the regular gear but looks different.
    Except that due to the way that blog is worded it is highly conceivable that the new Elite gear actually has better stats.

Band aid fix to cater to players that don't want to work for the gear they get. Get ready for PvP geared people in your raids and even more bitching about PvE trinkets in arena.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Deleted
    That's the point. People want prizes for the competition, elite gear has always been the target of the fire of envy.
    actually for truly competetive PvPers it's the prestige of being succesful, it's the rating itself. It's the gladiator title and the mount to show your accomplishments. It's being known for being "that guy".
    And for truly good PvPers nothing will change because everyone has the same gear in these matchups anyway.

The only players who feel a change are: 1. Good players who take a break/switch mains mid season or enjoy playing alts. 2. Bad players who enjoyed getting carried by their gear.

Also Blizzard has already commented that unique cosmetic gear for high ranked players is going to be included.

Personally I hope RBGs are excluded from that because 2200 rating in RBGS is NOT AT ALL comparable to achieving a high rating in arena. Which is part of the reason we see so many criticism about this change. A lot of RBG heroes forgot their place. They will be reminded soon.

here's the blue post:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...67?page=18#360
    Last edited by mmoc10839b38d9; 2013-01-19 at 05:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post
    Band aid fix to cater to players that don't want to work for the gear they get. Get ready for PvP geared people in your raids and even more bitching about PvE trinkets in arena.
    What are you even talking about. PvE trinkets have nothing to do with this change, the only difference between elite and normal gear are tier 2 weapons, trinkets and every other part are exactly the same stat-wise.

Titles, mounts, bragging rights, etc. etc. aren't enough for you? Then quit the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was trying to do 2s, around 1.5k rating, started to run into a ton of T2 weapon ppl carrying nubs, ect. This will cause those who play consistently to be able to get gear. Those who are at a high rank should be acquiring about 20-50% more conquest points per week compared to those at a lower rank, and thus should have the gear about 5 weeks before those lower ranking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

This is one of the things I liked about GW2
    Everyone had the same gear so you couldn't just outgear someone and win
    Don't think anyone who knows what they're doing in pvp should complain about this
    The only problem this brings up is bragging rights with gear, but they said something may be implemented for higher rated players

Quote Originally Posted by Xolotl View Post
    actually for truly competetive PvPers it's the prestige of being succesful, it's the rating itself. It's the gladiator title and the mount to show your accomplishments. It's being known for being "that guy".
    This, a hundred times this.

Don't be a "pixel-whore", if you are more skilled, you don't need to increase the gap between you and a less skilled player with the gear too.

Amazing change.

But you can't argue that the current status quo with that being the barrier to get the weapon works. Rating selling is at an all time high (most of the complaints are from them). You can't go 5 games in the 1800-2100 range of any type without bumping into one of them. Gladiator rewards are even more laughable because they mostly get decided in the first 2 weeks since after those first 2 weeks everyone above 2200 stops playing in fear of losing the rating. I certainly don't envy the thousands upon thousands of players now that got the weapon via a skype call and paypal transfer.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you care a lot about this, you probably struggle mightily to get t2.

most players worth their salt dont give a sh*t if people get same gear from farming..doesnt matter.

one less excuse when bad teams get farmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    if you care a lot about this, you probably struggle mightily to get t2.

most players worth their salt dont give a sh*t if people get same gear from farming..doesnt matter.

one less excuse when bad teams get farmed.
    and no doubt some of the whining comes from people who pay to get 2200. They would have to pay more than once in this new system.. but the wintrading in RBGs problem still has to be solved too.

If I am repeating myself, I apoligize. I see this as I see the world pvp arguement. You have people freaking out about ganking lowbies and you have people fiercely defending it as world pvp. Rational people know ganking is not true pvp. The people that are mad that lowbies (as in ranks) can now buy their 'elite' gear are the ones that think ganking is an acceptable form of pvp. They are upset that they cannot go into arena/bg now and hopefully get matched up with people that are 1-shot by them. These are folks that aren't looking for competition, they are people looking for the "i win" button. The people that are truely here for competition, or the fun of pvping will have no problem with this because it will only lead to more competition and more fun - fights with people you would've normally 1-shot now stand at least a tiny tiny chance to stay alive for 4 seconds.

And FFS blizzard give these whiney bitches some rank related skins, pets or mounts so they can shut the hell up already. If you want Blizz to pay more attention to pvp, give you guys more maps, balance classes better, maybe even come up with new pvp related things - this change has to happen. It will open up the doors to more people trying pvp and (might) actually enjoy it. The more people that pvp and like it - the more time and effort blizz will put into bring new pvp content and fixing pvp problems.

Or you can choose to keep it unrealistically gated.
    Last edited by slime; 2013-01-20 at 02:39 PM.

They cant balance PVP properly so maybe they didnt have any choice put to give the best gear to everyone. I agree that instead of rewarding skills you just reward farming. I remember back in WOTLK we worked hard to get to 1850 to get the PVP weapon, hundreds of games, getting the right addons, keybinding all the skills. Now a clicker keyboard turner will just have the best gear if he farms enough.

Sadly the game has been dumbed down so much, their really isnt challenge anymore and its boring.