Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest these kind of jokes can be fun given the right time and place, and knowing when they get old. To d such a thing during the fight thus wiping the raid is stupid really, but when not fighting and putting a portal on something hoping people click it, is funny and not griefing in any way really.
    People clicking it should be able to learn to not just go ahead and click wildly, which is a good advi ce for the game as it is anyway...

Did it myself in guild run for example after being done (and on Hagara in DS). Funny to see people get teleported away just because they don't pay attention :P Now with Old Dalaran portal it is even funnier.... then again after doing it a few times it gets old and I have quit it already. Maybe in a few months or so when everybody feels safe again I'll do it again and see whether they learned *mwuahahaha!*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    Yeah, the guild leaders of today are just a*holes that want to earn easy guildbank gold and nothing else. The first years of WoW were very different. Guildleaders took responsibility for their members and made sure they all upheld the honor of the guild. I would have a chat with the guildie that did this.

It's not funny, at all. It's probably not bannable or anything, and the people clicking it aren't the brightest in the bunch either, but the person who does this, does it to grief. He intentionally puts this down in the hopes of luring people to their death/wipe. It's a character flaw and it will not be limited to placing a portal or blingtron, this person will grief in any way possible while making sure to just keep safe from bans. I wouldn't accept a person like that in my guild.
    Once upon a time during Cata, we had a guildmember that was invited on a raid with another guild, the I forget the item that dropped, but was quite nice, folks rolled on it, and the ML accidentally gave it to our guildmember. When the mistake was discovered, (within a minute), guild member refused to return it, and promptly logged out.

At this point the raidleader and several members of the raid, (who all were friends of mine at the time) all IM'd me to tell me what happened.

guild member logged back in about 90 minutes later, admitted what he did, and still refused to return the item.

I don't know about some of the folks in this thread, but, I expect folks in my guild to behave in the same way they expect to be treated. I actually believe in behaving like you have some decency and honor. But, then again, that could be me expecting too much out of folks.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Intentionally wiping a raid can get you actioned.
    (Don't think that is true because I have done this for various reasons and the warnings I have on my account are language related. Zero for gameplay. Nothing.)

You won't get banned because it is the free will, in this case driven by greed, which wipes the raid. Instead of the action "omg, run" people should use their brains first. This is the possible lesson to be learned here. I am not at all surprised people take the risk or follow their impulse.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 01:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Once upon a time during Cata, we had a guildmember that was invited on a raid with another guild, the I forget the item that dropped, but was quite nice, folks rolled on it, and the ML accidentally gave it to our guildmember. When the mistake was discovered, (within a minute), guild member refused to return it, and promptly logged out.

At this point the raidleader and several members of the raid, (who all were friends of mine at the time) all IM'd me to tell me what happened.

guild member logged back in about 90 minutes later, admitted what he did, and still refused to return the item.
    After which he was no longer a guild member due to ninjaing, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    If it was sooooooooooo evil and mean.... How come Blizzard puts a portal in the game, that teleports you somewhere mid-air?
    Anyone bitching should try to open a ticket against the Devs who try to grief the players with said portal
    /facepalm

Not even half as funny as mass summoning the raid to Malygos before the portal to Hagara opens. Then start the fight and port back to DC.
    I didn´t do it myself, but even though it delayed the raid, I had to smile. ^^

Additional ice blocks at Saphiron were a good laugh as well. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Sadly, you won't likely be banned, but you should for being such a tool.

"Hey, look at me! I do LFR just to troll people! I'm so awesome!"

Go play Guild Wars or ToR, please. You belong with your own kind.

Well, i hope you feel like an internet hero now ¬_¬ ...

OT: wont get you bannend but will get you hated. This stuff is best done with you own guild
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    After which he was no longer a guild member due to ninjaing, right?
    Actually, funny thing happened to me that day, I asked him to return it, he refused. And no, I didn't kick him, he quit the guild. Would I have kicked him, Sure. But Karma kinda stepped in... As it turned out, the very next day, his hard drive crashed and he spent the next several months without a computer... by the time he came back to the game, the item he kept wasn't worth shit.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    WTF are you on about? It's LFR. I will never see the person again, so no, I won't earn any enemies. If he thinks it's amusing to trick stupid people into wiping the raid, then I'll enjoy knowing he'll probably get an account suspension.

How on earth a duel will help anyone is a mystery to me.
    and that why blizzard need to put in ignore battle.net account. so i could just kick you in the nuts when i see you irl. because i will probebly never see you again.

Deleted
    Nah. You won't get banned.

You'll probably get a warning. Asshole.

Infracted. Please don't insult other posters.
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2013-01-18 at 01:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Deleted
    Banned? Absolutely not. Everybody who pays Blizz for LFR, CRZ, bottlegrounds fully deserves to have you in his group. Keep up the good work, sir.

I seriously doubt this happened, at least not with that many people.

"I dropped a Blingtron 4k shortly before the ground disappeared and the entire raid died." right, because a bloody blingtron is so special that everyone just has to run to it even during a bossfight. not to mention that most people probably wouldn't even notice it.

OP is probably just fishing for people who get really angry about trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Banned? Absolutely not. Everybody who pays Blizz for LFR, CRZ, bottlegrounds fully deserves to have you in his group. Keep up the good work, sir.
    you know they don't need a reason to ban you. and pls your the kind of people that make this world so fucked up atm.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 02:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    I seriously doubt this happened, at least not with that many people.

"I dropped a Blingtron 4k shortly before the ground disappeared and the entire raid died." right, because a bloody blingtron is so special that everyone just has to run to it even during a bossfight. not to mention that most people probably wouldn't even notice it.

OP is probably just fishing for people who get really angry about trolls.
    and there by mmo-champ mods should perma ban him. so this board will be somewhat troll free.

This is neither an original idea since it has been posted several times befor, nor is it funny in any way. You´ve just prolonged the lfr run for everyone, including yourself. Great idea.

Deleted
    Since when does dropping Blingtron wipe the raid?

Ban for grieving is stupid. Really. This are the game moments, and they should be resolved with in-game methods. To be honest, I think Blizz should do some funny undispellable, persistent through death debuff for such persons. Something like this: "Due to your cowardly and stupid actions toward your fellows, you've been casted away from using any of the transportation services, such as portals, taxi flyers or even your own mounts. You're also flagged for pvp for the whole duration of this buff, and any player in game can attack you." Duration: one week. Maybe then such persons will actually get all the attention they want acting such way.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Haha how? It takes ages to get from DS entrance to Northrend.
    You stayed outside of The Eye and queued for DS LFR part 1, you waited until people got to the top of DS and you ported back, then you steped into The Eye and used mass summon. After that you port back into the raid and complain about the people slowing down the raid.

Deleted
    You didn't grief anyone, they did it themselves. It's different from a priest gripping you to kill you on purpose, since you can't actually stop that, but people CHOOSE to click the blingitron on purpose, people CHOOSE to click the portal on purpose.

Deleted
    This. It's not his fault if people take the quest. And any ranged dps wouldn't even notice it because they're supposed to stand at the edge at all times and mages can't even cast blingtrons.
    No, it isn't his fault. He provided the opportunity, but he did not magically hack your computer so you'd run to Blingtron and then fall down. A small, subtle, difference which is very important.

He didn't even make it so you are unable to click a normal portal (like the Direbrew joke, or the Hagara joke). With the Hagara summon, it was free choice to click yes or no.

Never saw that happen, it was only done with portals/direbrew on top of the portal.
    Well, you missed out, it was hilarious. But yeah, given you state you're from the Soviet Union you're clearly living in an alternate reality.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 02:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by munchkin View Post
    [...]

While this is fun, can I get reported for faction griefing? Just checking - this is too much fun ^_^ - seeing how far people will go for their gifts LMFAO
    You can get reported for anything. The fact you can get reported doesn't imply you are in the wrong, nor that you will be reprimanded.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Hey, look at me! I do LFR just to troll people! I'm so awesome!"
    Huh?!

How is he trolling people, when THEY are so super stupid and run to Blingtron DURING A BOSS ENCOUNTER.
    The People are trolling themselves over a bit of grey vendor trash lawl.

People who click and die should be banned for stupidity.