Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd report you. But I'd wager, based on Blizz's history, that after about a dozen or so reports they might, MIGHT, give you an hour or so suspension. At worst, you might lose a few days of game time. So, you should be safe.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    At what point in a person's life does he/she think it becomes ok to annoy/grief other people? Show some empathy man! Think how you'd feel!
    I would not get distracted by a Blingtron during an encounter and kill myself.
    Had I done such a thing, I would find it quite amusing and laugh out loud at myself and the ingenuity behind the trick, and not make the same mistake again.

I don't consider what he did griefing, more of a test of how easy it is to bend a persons will. This should be included in some sort of scientific study on how easy it is to distract adults.

Griefing would be intentionally abusing or ignoring an encounter's mechanic to cause a wipe. Difficult to do in LFR since so few have any responsibility but it is possible, quite popular videos on youtube of LFR griefing.

Damn I have no choice I must try dropping my blingtron during Elegon phase now!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Komic View Post
    Damn I have no choice I must try dropping my blingtron during Elegon phase now!!
    You have just summed up the purpose of this thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the other night in lfr on the first boss of vault of mysteries on the last phase where you can occasionaly hurt your own people i pop unholy blight and remorseless winter and made half the raid die. funny thing is nobody knew they just though we wiped because we were down a tank lol
    I knew you were and evil bastard, I have done the same thing on my DK. Granted it was on a fight were people said you couldn't do it, so I did. I'm the type to do something evil to prove a point.

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    I'd report you. But I'd wager, based on Blizz's history, that after about a dozen or so reports they might, MIGHT, give you an hour or so suspension. At worst, you might lose a few days of game time. So, you should be safe.
    What a horrible reason and abuse of the report system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    On a related side note I have placed my warlock cookies just out of reach when the floor drops. and yes people have fallen off the edge.

10+ Year Old Account
    While it is a dick move, the fact is that half the raid should have known better than to go click on the sexy prize robot in the middle of a raid. "Allright guys, this is gonna be tricky so make sure you're on point for the next wave of adds, and healers stay ale...OH SHINY!!!"

I think the raid with that many goofs would have prolly wiped eventually anyway.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Hehe they chose to go thru the port when they shouldn't have, ancient dalaran portal was created with the specific reason to grief others, the fact that going thru it kills you makes this obvious.

Blingtron 4k might be bannable tho but again the players chose to go after it you didn't force them to.

ive seen some other funny tricks.. on hagara priests would life grip members of the raid into ice wave and instantly kill them.. or hunters would use aspect of the pact during the lightning phase just so the raid is constantly stunned. ive seen a hunter do the same thing on spirit kings a week ago so we kicked all hunters in the raid just to be sure.

overall. the tricks are really funny but dont be surprised if u get kicked from the group even for lulz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin View Post
    Hello,
    a) During ELEGON LFR, I dropped a Blingtron 4k shortly before the ground disappeared and the entire raid died.

I have to say, if people are dumb enough to jump all over Blingtron during an encounter they totally deserved to die.

It's not your fault people ignore encounter mechanics in favor of getting a minor flavour item. Or that they can't click NPCs worth shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    I still miss lifegripping people on hagara through icewaves, good thing i have a blingatron!
    You can still kill people with it on elegon if you grip people that is running to the edge during phase two. I did that to a guy that was badmouthing people that fell of, was hilarious.
    Last edited by mmoc0d096f98da; 2013-01-19 at 01:50 PM.

Deleted
    Dropping the blingtron during Elegon is genius.

Putting a portal on top is being a douche.

Putting down a portal can be considered griefing if done with the intention of getting people to accidentally kill themselves. The possible punishment depends on the GM looking at the case, but if you want to be safe then you're best off assuming that the normal rules regarding griefing apply. That said, Ancient Portal: Dalaran is one of the greatest additions in this expansion.

Outside of a case where Blingtron is used to obstruct the access to something there is nothing wrong with putting it down. If people die because they decide to stay back and interact with it, they have only themselves to blame.

15+ Year Old Account
    I applaud the OP...if you purposefully wipe a raid with encounter mechanics then you're just being a douche (i.e. "haha I won't move out of defile" or something of that nature), but his methods were truly inventive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    ive seen some other funny tricks.. on hagara priests would life grip members of the raid into ice wave and instantly kill them..
    Required player to stand in it for 2 ticks. Not 1. != 1shot.

DS was actually very funny with stuff like his.

Morchok: Cast heroism when the melees run out. Watch some stay.
    Zonozz: Life grip the tank. Enhance sham taunt boss, then complain about aggro.
    Yor Sahj: Yell a random color. Or completely ignore when people yell green. Green did nothing in LFR. Then watch the rage.
    Hagara: As you said, as well as the EoE trick.
    Ultraxion: Engineer parachute + FD. Completely bugged out the raid being one shot because they weren't in the correct realm.
    Warmaster: The most epic kill I remember here in LFR, was when a shaman reincarnated as the last fellow kited him toward the top of the ship, while boss died from DoTs. But basically if too few people stood in the big things, it were almost always healers who died because healers care about unnecessary damage. I once saw 4 healers die here with rest alive. Brilliant.
    Spine: Enhancement shaman taunting the amal, then complain the tank cannot keep aggro.
    Madness: There was a bug which would allow life grip, if occurred while target was mid air jumping from platform, to fall in between 2 platforms and die. Another funny one was watch sub rogues shadowstep.

Although in N and HC difficulty I don't find any of the above funny I do remember using Jaina's Locket and then blaming the mage(s) which was plain brilliant. Especially since it lead to the warlock getting kicked for being AFK.

or hunters would use aspect of the pact during the lightning phase just so the raid is constantly stunned.
    Dazed.

ive seen a hunter do the same thing on spirit kings a week ago so we kicked all hunters in the raid just to be sure.
    Talk about shooting with a cannon on a mosquito. You know there's addons which tell you exactly who provides which buff, right? If I hover over aspect in my UI I immediately see who provides it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazefiend View Post
    I have to say, if people are dumb enough to jump all over Blingtron during an encounter they totally deserved to die.
    Yeah that only shows how dumb those dudes were to just completely ignore the encounter because of a Blingtron.

That kinda reminds me of babies that get distracted by the smallest things (like putting up a Blingtron )

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Madness: There was a bug which would allow life grip, if occurred while target was mid air jumping from platform, to fall in between 2 platforms and die. Another funny one was watch sub rogues shadowstep.
    There actually was a bug that you would just randomly not get the jump buff. I don't think i ever had a DS LFR where nobody fell down.

I don't know if it is bannable or not. However, if I saw this happen to me in LFR I would find it hilarious.