Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    Quote Originally Posted by mstieler View Post
    I went through the three class mount chains (Druid, Pally and Lock), and all were quite enjoyable. The Lock one though, I used to ding that toon to level 80.

Seeing the Burning Seed in Wowhead's PTR files gets me to thinking, if this isn't going to just be another drop, could it be yet another class chain, this one for Druids? If it is a drop, then I'm really going to enjoy the fights I DPS.

And I am definitely all for class-specific quests; if they wound up with cosmetic alterations, whether as a buff to alter your look, cosmetic gear for transmog, or whatever, that would definitely pique my interest. Just give me moar durid skins; let my bear form become different bear skins from the game (even Arcturis?), same for cats (tiger druids, leopard druids, Loque'nahak druids!), um... different colors of feathers for boomkin? and resto druids can... I dunno... become different herb nodes? Kinda running low on ideas once I get out of cat/bear territory. I could see many ways this could go in an effect territory, and that's not counting transmog stuff as well.
    Regarding druid cosmetic changes: You know what I always wanted to look like when playing my troll druid? Those half animal half troll voodoo priests from the zul dungeons. Lol make a bear form and cat form like that!

warrior whirlwind axe quest... you will never be forgotten

Deleted
    Always loved the Druid form class quests, tho walrus was a pain in old days getting to westfall via wetlands death run

Quote Originally Posted by Elementalkin View Post
    As people have been lambasting the dailies in MoP, I'm hesitant to even suggest this, but hear me out. I'd like to see class quests return in the form of dailies, available across a wide level range, starting low (preferably at level 10 like it was originally). These dailies would involve performing role specific functions in a phased solo-area, like protecting npcs from being killed as tank, or healing a squad of fighters as a healer, etc. Some would also be themed and stylized by class (Rogues tasked with infiltrating an encampment guarded by lethal enemies, while Hunters must carefully pick the enemies off one by one utilizing the various snares, and traps available to them).

In addition, I'd also like to see a reputation of some kind added to this that would allow you to purchase statless weapons and armor overtime for transmogrification purposes (ie; the new character creation gear, for instance). Special mounts, tabards, or other cosmetic items could also be available (the Fel Fire mod version of the Fel and Dreadsteed spring to mind here). The grind to achieve them needn't be terribly long, provided that the dailies are sufficiently challenging and done "right".

The end results would be this:
    • Players would (hopefully) learn more about how to play their class or role in a more structured way, and at their leisure, rather than on the fly.
    • The sense of identity a character has regarding their class would be brought forward as you are specifically tasked to do things in ways befitting your class and/or role.
    • No one can complain. Well, almost. Complaints would probably be even less legitimate than usual, as the gear would provide no benefit, and thus would be entirely optional to grind reputation for.

It's obviously a tall order though. It would be a lot of time and resources spent developing non-max level content, although the system could simply scale with your level (which would make sense).
    Something like the monk daily that taught ppl when or how to use new abilities and other parts of their class would be nice. Blizzard had said they would like to do this it is just a huge project, so it is unlikely it will happen. It is too bad it really could help make new players or ppl new to a class look at their toon differently.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotrip View Post
    Regarding druid cosmetic changes: You know what I always wanted to look like when playing my troll druid? Those half animal half troll voodoo priests from the zul dungeons. Lol make a bear form and cat form like that!
    Ooh, another good idea! Wow, hadn't thought of that, and that sounds awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mstieler View Post
    Ooh, another good idea! Wow, hadn't thought of that, and that sounds awesome.

Would make roleplaying a troll voodoo priest more viable and engaging, and let's face: it's pretty badass.

10+ Year Old Account
    (Shamelessly bumps the thread) No one has any more ideas? Comments or suggestions?

while the warlock quests are interesting and add flavor to the game, it's the MONK quests that would be really benefitial to the game if spread to the other 10 classes. I saw a guy talking about it on the WoW forums some time ago:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7592641917

please read it, it's pretty interesting
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    while the warlock quests are interesting and add flavor to the game, it's the MONK quests that would be really benefitial to the game if spread to the other 10 classes. I saw a guy talking about it on the WoW forums some time ago:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7592641917

please read it, it's pretty interesting
    Now THAT is the type of thing I'm talking about. I wonder if blizzard ever listens to the suggestions on their website.....

Now THAT is the type of thing I'm talking about. I wonder if blizzard ever listens to the suggestions on their website.....
    it'll be hard for them to get that feedback since the thread died. I wanted to bump it, but I'm out of gametime and blizzard doesn't allow people with no gametime to post on the forums

official forum threads get buried far too fast. too many people posting, and they usually prefer to post on threads about punting gnomes or pvp than threads with feedback on questing lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it'll be hard for them to get that feedback since the thread died. I wanted to bump it, but I'm out of gametime and blizzard doesn't allow people with no gametime to post on the forums

official forum threads get buried far too fast. too many people posting, and they usually prefer to post on threads about punting gnomes or pvp than threads with feedback on questing lol
    Thats really sad. I wish they read this forum every now and then

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Blizzard largely stopped making them because "it's not efficient to put money into something only a fraction of the playerbase will ever get to see".
    So, they put gold sinks anywhere else in the game (which btw are also mounts) but remove a quest chain which was actually awesome to do?
    I think it's about 'effort'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    So, they put gold sinks anywhere else in the game (which btw are also mounts) but remove a quest chain which was actually awesome to do?
    I think it's about 'effort'.
    Did Blizzard actually say that thing the person you quoted said? Or was he or she just speculating?

"it's not efficient to put money into something only a fraction of the playerbase will ever get to see".
    Efficiency and indecent mainstream culture have rotten this world to the core

Blizzard largely stopped making them because "it's not efficient to put money into something only a fraction of the playerbase will ever get to see".
    like heroic raiding?

it's much easier to reroll and do a questline than get 16/16H

Would kinda love to see the Proving Grounds added for each class and that area would also have some class quests to a lesser extent, and a daily with the XP increase, like with monks. Then now and again maybe have something epic like rogue legendary quest, warlock green fire quest etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    Would kinda love to see the Proving Grounds added for each class and that area would also have some class quests to a lesser extent, and a daily with the XP increase, like with monks. Then now and again maybe have something epic like rogue legendary quest, warlock green fire quest etc.
    A balance of both would be the best bet, with some questlines offering decent gear sets for your level (greens and blues) ripe for transmogrification, while others will reward you with cosmetic effects (warlock green fire, druids forms transform into half animal, half man creatures like the ones from zul'aman, etc)

10+ Year Old Account
    Did Blizzard actually say that thing the person you quoted said? Or was he or she just speculating?
    Speculation, that's why I was giving my opinion, rather than basing it on facts

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    enjoying the harem in Den of Mortal Delights
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Every once in a while would be nice, especially for classes that generally lack fun utility stuff, e.g. warriors.
    blizzard doesnt give us any love.
    all we get is a nerf bat to the head everytime we get enrage :P

15+ Year Old Account
    The class quests are kind of a suck right now...afaik there's two for each class...one at level 20 and one at level 50...both of which are bland "go to this dungeon and kill the mobs there" affairs. They have absolutely no flavor. There's nothing class-specific about them. The point of a class quest is to do something that only you can do, or at the very least something that fits your class a bit more than "run a dungeon."

I've always thought that upon reaching max level characters should embark on a class quest. I feel that it makes very little sense that you're a hero of such renown that the Varian/Garrosh asks for you by name, and yet no one is asking you to do anything that specifically warrants a priest/warrior/whatever of your power? I mean...lets say you're a mage...perhaps you could be set a task by the Kirin Tor. Maybe there's a magically sealed vault in pandaria and they need you to join in casting circle to get inside, then there's puzzles or something inside that make you use your skills.

Also I would love if there were places like Moonglade/Ebon Hold/Peak of Serenity for the other classes, but they should do them Ebon-Hold-style where only that class should be able to enter.
    Last edited by Lemons; 2013-01-22 at 10:18 AM.