Thread: Reforging

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Reforging

I normally use reforgelite to reforge most of the times, sometimes do it manually. Recently using reforgelite I was getting some, well not odd results, but with the stat weights I was entering for BM (Crit>Mastery>Haste), my exp/hit caps were over the caps, enough to a point where I thought its too much over cap. Usually I'll accept 7.51 or 7.52% but the results I was getting were putting exp cap to 7.62% which is too much wasted stats. I could use WoW Reforge and it would probably set it right, or even do it manually. I do think reforgelite is doing this as its maxxing out crit after the caps. In order to be closer to the caps I would probably not be at the max crit my gear allows (496 item level), so am I correct in thinking its better to loose out on a little crit to be closer to the caps rather than max out as much crit as I can and be considerably over the cap. I'm just curious to what the community thinks of reforgelite, does it work well for others, or am I setting it up incorrectly. Thanks for the help in advance.

Deleted
    Being capped is the most important thing in my opinion,

I use this website - askmrrobot.com

I find its better

Quote Originally Posted by Windthorn View Post
    I normally use reforgelite to reforge most of the times, sometimes do it manually. Recently using reforgelite I was getting some, well not odd results, but with the stat weights I was entering for BM (Crit>Mastery>Haste), my exp/hit caps were over the caps, enough to a point where I thought its too much over cap. Usually I'll accept 7.51 or 7.52% but the results I was getting were putting exp cap to 7.62% which is too much wasted stats. I could use WoW Reforge and it would probably set it right, or even do it manually. I do think reforgelite is doing this as its maxxing out crit after the caps. In order to be closer to the caps I would probably not be at the max crit my gear allows (496 item level), so am I correct in thinking its better to loose out on a little crit to be closer to the caps rather than max out as much crit as I can and be considerably over the cap. I'm just curious to what the community thinks of reforgelite, does it work well for others, or am I setting it up incorrectly. Thanks for the help in advance.
    Reforgelite gives equal or worse results than wowreforge. It also depends on what stats you are getting/losing. If you could link your armory or something I could see, then I'd be able to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shikakaa View Post
    Being capped is the most important thing in my opinion,

I use this website - askmrrobot.com

I find its better
    Don't use askmrrobot if you want to get the best out of your gear. In cata it was terrible and it's not reputable. I'll check it out to see if they fixed their site, but I wouldn't recommend using it with wowreforge and reforgelite available.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-01-18 at 10:38 AM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Don't use askmrrobot if you want to get the best out of your gear. In cata it was terrible and it's not reputable. I'll check it out to see if they fixed their site, but I wouldn't recommend using it with wowreforge and reforgelite available.
    It's a lot better these days, and almost always seems to give the exact same results as wowreforge.

Ironically after upgrading one piece a week or two ago neither askmrrobot or wowreforge is giving me good results. Every time I look at my 7.67% hit I die a little on the inside. I'm assuming that's just the closest to 7.5% I can get without losing too much crit and other stats, but bleh.

Deleted
    WoWReforge does not factor in upgrades, not sure if ReforgeLite does.

I wish WoWRefore would fix that though, they're a lot better than ReforgeLite.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    It's a lot better these days, and almost always seems to give the exact same results as wowreforge.

Ironically after upgrading one piece a week or two ago neither askmrrobot or wowreforge is giving me good results. Every time I look at my 7.67% hit I die a little on the inside.
    Nope. It is a bit better, I'll give you that, but it is still terrible. Let's say I acquire the painful thorned ring. I plug that item into both wowreforge and askmrrobot and I get

Askmrorbot
    Mastery: 4453
    Hit: 2550
    Exp: 2616
    Crit: 6417
    Haste: 1937

Wowreforge
    Mastery: 4502
    Hit: 2551
    Exp: 2553
    Crit: 6432
    Haste: 1936

So with wowreforge I'd be getting 49 mastery and 15 crit for 1 haste. So... Yeah mr robot is a no no.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnolp View Post
    WoWReforge does not factor in upgrades, not sure if ReforgeLite does.

I wish WoWRefore would fix that though, they're a lot better than ReforgeLite.
    If you edit the stats of the items you upgraded it works just fine. I prefer doing it that way because all the other alternatives don't give the best results.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-01-18 at 10:50 AM.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ndstorm/simple

That's my armory. Thanks for the replies. I got the neck/bracers last night and did a quick reforge using reforge lite and yes I usually use aMoCs but went LR for Garalon Hc (1% wipe) as it just seemed easier to use on CD. Perhaps I'm wrong but with legs going down so quick I just felt the LR dot yielded better results over all for the night, did start of using aMoC. Tried Mr. Robot in the past and just didn't get on with it. Thanks in advance for the help.

Deleted
    Ask Mr Robot has the stat weights at

crit 1.6
    haste 1.4
    master 1.31

is this correct?

survival btw

Quote Originally Posted by stances View Post

crit 1.6
    haste 1.4
    master 1.31

is this correct?

survival btw
    no when i use wow reforge i use

Crit -1.9
    Mastery 1.45
    Haste 1.25

and it gives me the best DPS when i then test it in FD

Deleted
    there is no point using some one elses stat weights, it will depend on ur gear as too what you want

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post

Crit -1.9
    Mastery 1.45
    Haste 1.25

It didn't seem right to me

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/eu/kazzak/foodeh

i feel like it's giving me too much haste, ill try reforging and see how it looks

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ndstorm/simple

That's my armory. Thanks for the replies. I got the neck/bracers last night and did a quick reforge using reforge lite and yes I usually use aMoCs but went LR for Garalon Hc (1% wipe) as it just seemed easier to use on CD. Perhaps I'm wrong but with legs going down so quick I just felt the LR dot yielded better results over all for the night, did start of using aMoC. Tried Mr. Robot in the past and just didn't get on with it. Thanks in advance for the help.
    You should probably be using Blink Strike instead of either of those.

Hmm escaped my mind that, will try next time I am there. Any more on the actual reforging?

Quote Originally Posted by stances View Post

crit 1.6
    haste 1.4
    master 1.31

is this correct?

survival btw
    I change them to
    crit: 1.6
    haste: 1.31
    mastery: 1.4

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post

Crit -1.9
    Mastery 1.45
    Haste 1.25

Conversely, using this stat priority gives me the same reforges. As long as the values aren't too close, you will most likely get the same results.

Quote Originally Posted by pallen202 View Post
    there is no point using some one elses stat weights, it will depend on ur gear as too what you want
    What are you talking about? The only thing that changes enough to make a difference is haste due to shot shifting and the priority is Crit > mastery > haste for every BM/SV hunter.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-01-19 at 02:08 PM.

Well I checked out wow reforge/ ask Mr. Robot, reforgelite and used a good old pen and paper. It seems I cannot get my exp any lower than 7.62%, I guess I have to live with that until I get some other gear.

You can manually upgrade your item stats in WoWReforge, which I've been doing simply because their algorithm seems to consistently deliver the best optimization.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorazyn View Post
    You can manually upgrade your item stats in WoWReforge, which I've been doing simply because their algorithm seems to consistently deliver the best optimization.
    Yep, I've been doing this too. I can confidently say nothing else has given me better results.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well I checked out wow reforge/ ask Mr. Robot, reforgelite and used a good old pen and paper. It seems I cannot get my exp any lower than 7.62%, I guess I have to live with that until I get some other gear.
    Have you tried those calculations with a mastery glove enchant?

Quote Originally Posted by Brydie View Post
    Have you tried those calculations with a mastery glove enchant?
    I took the liberty of doing this, and he should NOT do it. He loses way too much crit and mastery for some haste rating.

try changed your cloak enchant to the hit one, that frees up atleast one reforge for hit, in doing that you might be able to shuffle enough around not lose crit and lower your expertise.