Annoying Internet Problem

Hey,

I am trying to solve my current internet problem and after weeks of trying to resolve it I am still no further in trying to get it sorted, so I thought I would see if anyone here could help.

My current problem is often my Firefox (on pc/laptops) or Safari (on iphone/ipod) brings up the 'the page cannot be displayed' and refuses to work for say 2 mins, and then it will work Ok for a bit, and then come up with 'the page cannot be displayed' and just repeats this cycle.

I currently have my PC plugged into my router and the weird thing is my WoW connection does not ever get affected, but I still get this problem with the internet on 2 different laptops (mac and windows), an iphone, and 2 ipod touches which is getting really frustrating.

I thought it was a problem with the router so I saved up and bought another one yesterday, but I am still experiencing the same problem.

If anyone has any suggestions I would be very grateful.

Many thanks,

Phinxx

10+ Year Old Account
    call your ISP and have your modem replaced

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    call your ISP and have your modem replaced
    Hey thanks for the response, but why would my modem need replacing when my WoW connection works 100% fine, but my web browsers on multiple devices do not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinxx View Post
    Hey thanks for the response, but why would my modem need replacing when my WoW connection works 100% fine, but my web browsers on multiple devices do not.
    because you have replaced the router, which would be the main point of an issue that affects multiple devices, the only other point would be your modem, otherwise your ISP is having issues,

call them and explain that you are having this issue (sounds like port 80 HTML traffic is not going through or a possible DNS issue) they may already be aware of this issue on the back end, otherwise they will probably want to replace the modem

but a bit more troubleshooting:
    does this problem happen when you use internet explorer

does your router have any page blocking or filtering setup

I've encountered similar-ish problems before, might be a DNS issue, (or in my case the firmware on the Home Central was faulty.)
    Try setting the DNS server(s) on your PC, where you play WoW, to Google's DNS servers.

Primary: 8.8.8.8
    Secondary: 8.8.4.4
    How to: https://developers.google.com/speed/...dns/docs/using

If the problem goes away, then your DNS servers provided automaticly to you by your ISP are faulty.
    If the problem persists, then you should phone your ISP and tell them about the problem, and insist that they fix it.

I'm not 100% sure, but the reason WoW works fine whereas webpages don't, is because if I'm not mistaking, only the login servers\patch servers uses URL's (which are solved by DNS) to work, whereas direct communication between you and your server are IP based, I might very well be mistaking on this though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShitShyShoes View Post
    LFR is breeding a new generation of talentless, mindless one-shot-kill-or-go-home raiders.