10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    die welt ist doch ein dorf

---------- Post added 2013-01-19 at 04:38 PM ----------

what settings did you use?
    Default settings, basically.

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

Quote Originally Posted by Kaga View Post
    What is the first step after finding weights via simming? Surely a regem/forge would then change the weights, in such a way that would change their order again?
    thats what the reforge plot is for. it shows you what amount of change you have to do to get some dps increase.

---------- Post added 2013-01-19 at 04:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eruionmel View Post
    Default settings, basically.
    I ask because I get a different result for advol^^ same for ets.

advol is 92494 dps with ratings haste 1.50 > mastery 1.39 > crit 1.29
    ets is 11082 dps with rating mastery 1.53 > crit 1.42 > haste 1.33

used patchwork style, 10000 iterations and overrides with
    tier14_2pc_caster=1
    tier14_4pc_caster=1
    to include set bonus
    simcraft 510-9

edit: ok advol seems to reforged between your and my sim, ets ratings are equal to your sims (with some minor delta).
    Last edited by Nebria; 2013-01-19 at 03:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    die welt ist doch ein dorf
    Hallo. :<

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Advol/advanced

Advol : 94004 dps
    1.40mas > 1.35haste > 1.29crit
    Okay, I reforged using your statweights. Can you re-sim?

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    well for me it is now 92421 dps with haste 1.55 > crit 1.39 = mastery 1.31
    simed it twice, rating were a little bit different but priority keeps the same. might try higher iteration number

you should try simming it fo yourself and print reforge plot. you switched from heavy mastery to heavy haste but if you look at the graphs haste and mastery are fairly equal sometimes haste is on top sometimes mastery.so you should reforge in small steps and check what results you get.

for me everything should be relative equal http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...ebria/advanced
    not sure if it is the best solution but I thougt eb is giving me haste crit or mastery so this is perfect and on some bosses I switch to elemental where haste is better but for add fights I use eb where mastery is better. as we started with hm recently this might change not sure.

and of course this was patchwork style but in reallity we don't have this. not sure what mode fits best here. heared they are rather perfect, any advice is welcome
    Last edited by Nebria; 2013-01-19 at 04:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hallo. :<

Advol: 93849 dps
    1.58haste > 1.37mas > 1.29crit

Now, what this means is that your actual highest potential DPS is in between the two. You want more mastery than you had before, but less mastery than a full switch gives you.

---------- Post added 2013-01-19 at 04:13 PM ----------

And, of course, the easiest solution is to just switch to PE (like me ), go haste all the time , and never have to worry about all of this. LOL.
    Last edited by Eruionmel; 2013-01-19 at 04:14 PM.

Deleted

Now, what this means is that your actual highest potential DPS is in between the two. You want more mastery than you had before, but less mastery than a full switch gives you.

And, of course, the easiest solution is to just switch to PE (like me ), go haste all the time , and never have to worry about all of this. LOL.
    So the difference, for the time investment, would not even be a 100 dps increase?

hmmm... could try it... how do you feel using PE instead of EB? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    So the difference, for the time investment, would not even be a 100 dps increase?

hmmm... could try it... how do you feel using PE instead of EB? :P
    I love PE, personally. It makes the rotation muuuch simpler, it makes movement fights much less stressful, and it eliminates this weird juggling between mastery and haste weights. Last time I simmed the difference, it was less than 1k difference on patchwerk for me.

Deleted
    I love PE, personally. It makes the rotation muuuch simpler, it makes movement fights much less stressful, and it eliminates this weird juggling between mastery and haste weights. Last time I simmed the difference, it was less than 1k difference on patchwerk for me.
    Most armories I checked, Elementals used EB while totally not giving a fuck about Mastery > Haste. Talking about near BiS armories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most armories I checked, Elementals used EB while totally not giving a fuck about Mastery > Haste. Talking about near BiS armories.
    Yep, EB is theoretically better on patchwerk with perfect rotation maintenance, which is why everyone uses it. But it's like Arcane vs. Frost for mages. Frost is great and shines in certain circumstances, but because it's just barely lower in theory, everyone goes arcane anyway. PE is unquestionably better on fights with lots of movement and anything with a burn phase, and it's way easier.

Deleted
    Yep, EB is theoretically better on patchwerk with perfect rotation maintenance, which is why everyone uses it. But it's like Arcane vs. Frost for mages. Frost is great and shines in certain circumstances, but because it's just barely lower in theory, everyone goes arcane anyway. PE is unquestionably better on fights with lots of movement and anything with a burn phase, and it's way easier.
    Do you use the 5% dmg channel spell of the primal elemental? If yes, is the glyph useful with that setup?

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you use the 5% dmg channel spell of the primal elemental? If yes, is the glyph useful with that setup?
    Nope. You let them attack. You have to do an inordinate amount of damage for your increase to outweigh the elemental's DPS. Something like 800k DPS, if I remember correctly. If I'm really worried about taking damage on a phase (like the final phase on H empress) I'll sometimes channel the earth ele buff, but I turn it off once I'm safe. I have a macro that, when clicked once, summons the earth ele and, when clicked twice, triggers his buff.

As far as the glyph goes, I'm guessing it can be useful in instances where the 3 minute CD lines up better with certain burn phases, but I haven't bothered to figure out which fights that would be.
    Last edited by Eruionmel; 2013-01-19 at 05:02 PM.

Dear Vana,
    I'm still waiting on my babies.
    Yours Truly,
    Angry
    I grew up in the era where you had to go to channel 3 to play video games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angryshammy View Post
    Dear Vana,
    I'm still waiting on my babies.
    Yours Truly,
    Angry
    I put them up for adoption years ago. They live in New Jersey with an Asian family.

I put them up for adoption years ago. They live in New Jersey with an Asian family.
    at least they can learn math now
    I grew up in the era where you had to go to channel 3 to play video games.

And this is where you tell simc to generate you a reforge plot and pick the haste to mastery point where the dps is highest (might want to run it a couple times to be sure)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angryshammy View Post
    at least they can learn math now
    I hate you.

---------- Post added 2013-01-19 at 06:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shauren View Post
    And this is where you tell simc to generate you a reforge plot and pick the haste to mastery point where the dps is highest (might want to run it a couple times to be sure)
    Yes, I would have recommended this, but I was afraid they would ask how to do it. I don't have the faintest idea how. LOL.

Pretty much like this

and you will get output like this

Personally, I don't run it for 3 stats at once because I have no idea how to read the resulting graph (which additionally has no numbers on it(
    Last edited by Shauren; 2013-01-19 at 08:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shauren View Post
    Pretty much like this

and you will get output like this

Personally, I don't run it for 3 stats at once because I have no idea how to read the resulting graph (which additionally has no numbers on it(
    Well, now I know why I couldn't figure it out, lolz. I don't have those tabs. Time to update Simcraft, lol. :>

I am very thankful for this thread, I have been going nuts thinking I was doing something wrong.
    The first few weeks of the xpac I blindly reforged haste all the way thinking it was the way to do things however, just after xmas I ran some sims for my char (dont do it often) resulting in mastery > crit=haste (crit slightly better but nothing in it really). With this I went at the dummy for a good hour trying some different reforges and everytime mastery returning the higher dps, and with crit=haste virtually equal. It is also now unsurprising my raid dps has improved.

When they say sim your char guys, really sim it

(forgot to add, eote/EB)
    Keeping everyone happy is impossible.

Deleted
    I know I fail for asking this, but what is the final conclusion...I read almost every post but I have close to no clue how simcraft works. At what point does Mastery overlap haste if it ever does?

And should I take EP or EB with said stats?

I'm not rich enough to reforge/gem all stats so I can't just go and test it :<