Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I..don't think I care or should care how other people think I should play. Leveling is more fun to me flying, I'd like them to stop gimping flying mounts because of whiners every expansion

Yup, it's just silly at this point. Leveling in Pandaria has been exceptionally painful, made far worse by the lack of leveling dungeons as well. I've ended up doing 80% of my leveling, across 6 toons now, in AV (yes I would rather get yet another character to AV exalted than level in Pandaria again, I find Pandaria leveling that bad).

I don't see why my flying hurts someone else? If you don't want to fly that's cool, don't, nobody is making people fly when they don't want to, but given that it seems silly that the reverse is forced onto people (don't I recall something about this xpac being about letting people choose how they enjoy the game?).
    Last edited by Windfury; 2013-01-18 at 05:24 PM.

Deleted
    I've got 4 of my characters to lvl 90 now, and I have to admit the last one I levelled ( my Elemental/Resto Shaman ) was pure torture and I was beyond ecstatic to get to lvl 90 and be able to farm ores in peace and not have some random lvl 90 swoop down and nick them. It's precisely this - not being able to fly till 90 - that puts me off levelling any more characters. If flight was available to buy at 85 even if it were at an extorsionate price I would pay for it. I'm bored of levelling alts on the ground now.

Full-clear Jade forest, should land you close to 87 (usually 86 and 3/4)
    Start into V4W, until 88, leave to kun'lai.
    Do the temple of the white tiger, to unlock vale.
    Move to Townlong Steppes, start hacking away at that until 89 (which in my experience would put you near the end of the zone)
    At 89, move to dread wastes to start harvesting gear for 90.

You could, if you were really sadistic, level a 90 purely on anything other than quests, then use a two-seat mount and dual-box to carry your alts around. (there's a shtton of phasing issues trying to do this otherwise.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think flight is truly necessary in Pandaria while leveling (except maybe trying to do Dread Wastes pre-90, some of those areas are a pain in the you know what XD
    Went to DW as soon as I dinged 89. Completed the zone sub 90 except a few anglers quests.
    It's incredibly easy but its quite a drag due to Mob HP and crap gear.

Good thing though: You're heroic ready the moment you ding 90

Fuck no,

Youve done it twice?

I'm on my 6th and have no problem with it, its nice to be able to wander around and "feel" the world about the player, as theyve said before,

Flying take the world, out of world of warcraft

whatever, i made my point that i'm not the only one who wants this, even have a few people with the hundreds+ of posts who agree, since that seems to be more important and the mmo c than logic, your post count...

i rest my case.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Flying mounts ruin the game... why make it easier? Why take away the world PvP? "Oh look, it's an alliance, lets kill him... he's 1000 feet above us." So the only world PvP left is me having to camp quest zones where people have to dismount to kill something. Then they turn around and call me an asshole, but hey, I need my world PvP and it's the only option.
    They don't ruin the game. On PvE servers, the argument you make isn't even a valid one. On PvP servers, they do make escapes easier but any serious PvP player would see that as a challenge more than a detriment.

I play on a PvP server. It's not impossible to be attacked when you're at level 90 on a flying mount. I've been on a flying mount and have been chained stunned, pulled to the ground for fights many times. They even now have a trinket that can dismount people.

I really don't see how having flying at cap ruins world PvP. I'd posit that people that claim that aren't trying hard enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    whatever, i made my point that i'm not the only one who wants this, even have a few people with the hundreds+ of posts who agree, since that seems to be more important and the mmo c than logic, your post count...

i rest my case.
    You can want in one hand and poop in the other and see which hand fills up faster.

Blizzard said they hated flying and if they had their choice you wouldnt be able to fly anywhere.

i rest my case.
    He rests his case, guys! He made his point in the forums and everyone agrees! Things are definitely going to happen now!

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    You can want in one hand and poop in the other and see which hand fills up faster.

Blizzard said they hated flying and if they had their choice you wouldnt be able to fly anywhere.
    You're paraphrasing and misstating. Two Blizzard employees have posted that flying affects some experiences negatively and have stated that they would rather it not be in game. That's not all of Blizzard, nor is it a general statement on future direction for the game.

In my experience the crybabies whining for the removal of mounts for "Wpvp" are just pathetic gankers. I play on a high pop PVP realm and I've barely been attacked by the opposing faction since hitting max level. I've AKF'd out in daily quest hobs basically every day and no one ever attacks me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    You are not everyone. Some people haven't experienced certain areas or are fed up with the stories yet.
    They'll adjust it when it is prudent, but i'm of the opinion it isn't yet.
    And your opinion doesnt count....
    Anyone who hasnt experienced every quest will neither in another 4 month...
    So yes, with 5.2 you should be able to fly in pandaland from 85 on cause leveling in pandaria is the worst ever... hell its even worse then leveling through outland cause there at least you got a choice where you level....

HOW is flying "easy mode". I paid over 12000g so far to use my flying mount across all the continents of Warcraft, which at the time was not chump change.

Flying mounts are something I worked for at the time when it came out and later when they made us pay even more. There's nothing EASY about how I acquired the RIGHT to use my mount.
    you can make that 12k just from questing. I got 310% flying on 8 characters, 3 of which are 90. So yeah flying is easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigface View Post
    He rests his case, guys! He made his point in the forums and everyone agrees! Things are definitely going to happen now!
    I just wanted to see whether I was alone in the world with this train of thought. Isn't that the point of forums anyway?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    I like not being able to fly - Flying is boring.
    If you dont like flying dont use it - and pls link your char so we can see that you never bought any boring mount...

I personally don't like repeating content but I find I level quicker when I know what to do for each quest rather than figuring it out fresh. I try to find new quest zones to do on alts but when thats not an option I am happy to know I will clear them 50% faster than when I did on my main the first time around.

Quit your bitching, if you want rewards sometimes you have to work for it. Don't talk to me about grind, I played FFXI and wow doesn't have a grind, it just has a bunch of short attention span babies crying that they have to do something repetetive for a week or two.

I just wanted to see whether I was alone in the world with this train of thought. Isn't that the point of forums anyway?
    Unfortunately, you chose to support something which is the "whipping boy" for this expansion. It's just the in thing to hate flying mounts now. I'm with you. I don't see how someone who levels many alts is losing anything by allowing the 3rd or 4th alt to fly in Pandaria at 85.

I actually like the idea of allowing the achievement for getting 5 90's be the benchmark of allowing you to purchase a BoA item of some type for that.
    Last edited by mightykong; 2013-01-18 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I personally don't like repeating content but I find I level quicker when I know what to do for each quest rather than figuring it out fresh. I try to find new quest zones to do on alts but when thats not an option I am happy to know I will clear them 50% faster than when I did on my main the first time around.

Quit your bitching, if you want rewards sometimes you have to work for it. Don't talk to me about grind, I played FFXI and wow doesn't have a grind, it just has a bunch of short attention span babies crying that they have to do something repetetive for a week or two.
    How is leveling a reward? Leveling is a grind once you've done it once or twice already, especially in wow. After the first 10-15 quests where they put lots of work and ooooh-aaaah in them everything else turns out to be the usual kill this kill that.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Went to DW as soon as I dinged 89. Completed the zone sub 90 except a few anglers quests.
    It's incredibly easy but its quite a drag due to Mob HP and crap gear.

Good thing though: You're heroic ready the moment you ding 90
    Thats easy to do even without going to DW... its called Cheating. How? Buy level 90 pvp gear and never equip them, just have them in your bags and once you ding 90 all heroics open up. No one notice the diff anyways, I do it on all my alts and I still out dps all dps in RDF 90% of the time, with 10% being people who are in Raid gears who are running thier daily.