Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    Yeah they should totally go back to no flying mounts, tons of elitist content that only 5% of the playerbase can access, and all that great stuff. Im sure their sub count will spike. Not.
    Huh? What do mounts have to do with elitists and game content? With flying mounts people hardly interact with the world anymore, why do you think games like Rift and GW2 don't have flying mounts? I mean, that's one of the main reasons people like those two games, the whole exploration thing. Of course if they just cut out flying mounts at this point subs would just plummet, which is a real shame >.>

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your implied insults only drag your point of view down. And as far as the free 90 with rep and gold goes you might as well ask for it because if you get what you want that will be the next thing you will be asking for. Keep your insults for someone who cares what others think about their avatars.
    So if I ask for taxes to be reduced from 4% to 3% I'm also asking for a free house, car, wife and 10 million dollars? The only thing dragging anything down in this conversation is your arrogance and pretentiousness.

Blizzard said they wanted people to play, and they do care. When they were losing 800k subs in a quarter, im sure they cared. I was one of those 800k subs for a good stretch in cat. Real silly thing to say, I wont bother with the rest of your post, sorry
    Thats fine you can ignore my post, even though i would bet anything you read the rest of it and you just don't have anything to say back. Also theyre at 10 million and since this xpac isn't the abortion cata was they probably wont dip in sub's. If they lose you due to giving more players more content, they will have probably replaced you 3 times over.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Huh? What do mounts have to do with elitists and game content? With flying mounts people hardly interact with the world anymore, why do you think games like Rift and GW2 don't have flying mounts? I mean, that's one of the main reasons people like those two games, the whole exploration thing. Of course if they just cut out flying mounts at this point subs would just plummet, which is a real shame >.>
    Why do you feel the need to force everyone to use ground mounts? If you dont like them then don't use them.

If you think people explore more with ground mounts then you are full of it, I can explore more of the world with a flying mount than you can with a ground mount, like the north face of Kun Lai summit where they have some peacefull waterfalls on the mountain side or the upper branches of nordassil.

Nobody is going to stop and offer you grey poupon either, so its not about RP.

Don't like flying then dont use a flying mount. But you won't do that will you?

Sounds like you're really trying to push your horrible idea. Flying mounts will not be reversed, so you can give up on that dream right now.
    I don't want flying to be reversed. So my 'horrible idea' does not exist. Is part of your approach to taking things to the extreme, to create things to attribute to people so that you can bash at them to appear superior over the internet? 'Horrible idea', 'you can give up on your dream right now'. Drama much?

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    So if I ask for taxes to be reduced from 4% to 3% I'm also asking for a free house, car, wife and 10 million dollars? The only thing dragging anything down in this conversation is your arrogance and pretentiousness.
    This is a text based forum of which you cant hear or see me so any arrogance or pretentiousness is placed there by your imagination, just like you imagined that I was infering that questing was a reward. The fact that you can't handle conversing about a topic without resorting to childish insults about avatars shows that you can't handle anyone legitimately disagreeing with you. This isn't about taxes, this is about demanding flight for questing alts because you are bored of repetive questing, or so you say. You are still going to do the repetetive questing but you want to do it quicker which means this isn't about the repetetive questing at all, you just want the rewards with less time spent doing it to which I say, hell why don't you just ask for all the freebies you can get, amIright?

/flips his cape and tips his magic hat

Once again, ladies and gentlemen, Wrath of the Lich King proves how they got it perfectly right!

Just like WotLK did when you hit 80, simply add a purchasable account-bound tomb for those with Pandaria flying at level 90 to send to your alts.

Why do you feel the need to force everyone to use ground mounts? If you dont like them then don't use them.

If you think people explore more with ground mounts then you are full of it, I can explore more of the world with a flying mount than you can with a ground mount, like the north face of Kun Lai summit where they have some peacefull waterfalls on the mountain side or the upper branches of nordassil.

Nobody is going to stop and offer you grey poupon either, so its not about RP.

Don't like flying then dont use a flying mount. But you won't do that will you?
    I'm not telling anyone to do anything... I'm saying that it's too bad that flying mounts were ever introduced in the first place because I feel that it ruined immersion. I'm not saying that you can't explore with a flying mount either, but there's so much that you miss on the ground when you're flying from point A to point B while doing quests/dailies or whatever. Never said anything about RP either lol, and I do use my ground mounts actually. The only time I use my flying mounts is when I have to be somewhere in a hurry, like for a raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had enough of pandaren "culture" on 2 alts to last me for 10 lifetimes, is there really a point to still enforce the no flying rule?

You can't even pick different starting zones to level and having to endure their "we're peaceful but go kill 90% of the local wildlife and populace" bs at ground mount leveling speed is just torture.
    I agree with making flying available at level 85 in panda land after you have leveled 1-2 characters from 85-90.

They could create the BoA Heirloom color flying book like they did with WoTLK half way in.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 06:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    /flips his cape and tips his magic hat

Once again, ladies and gentlemen, Wrath of the Lich King proves how they got it perfectly right!

Just like WotLK did when you hit 80, simply add a purchasable account-bound tomb for those with Pandaria flying at level 90 to send to your alts.
    ^ This, this exactly.

But make the tome cost 5k gold. We wouldnt want to make it too easy to obtain.

They need to add in a version of the "tome of cold weather flying" for you alts like they did in wrath. Heck blizz could even make it 10 or 20k gold in order to have another gold sink that they enjoy making these days so much.

This would mean that everyone would be forced to "enjoy the story" the first time leveling through pandaland but people like me who are on there 5th and 6th alts leveling through the zones...... it would give us an option to use our flying mounts.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I disliked not having the ability to fly til max level as well I just didn't make a thread to complain about it.

we need Tome of Panda Weather Flight!
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Yet everyone I know who went to play rift instead of wow is back. Having flying mounts in the game and not being able to lose them isn't a shame. Flying mounts make the game better and more fun. I enjoy questing and viewing the world from the sky as a bird. It's absolutely more fun to me and it makes me more inclined to quest more. Flying mounts enhance my immersion in the game 100 fold over ground mounts.

I've had enough of pandaren "culture" on 2 alts to last me for 10 lifetimes, is there really a point to still enforce the no flying rule?

You can't even pick different starting zones to level and having to endure their "we're peaceful but go kill 90% of the local wildlife and populace" bs at ground mount leveling speed is just torture.
    They mentioned they might do something like an account bound tome that you can only get at 90 similar to the one in Lich King.

This is a text based forum of which you cant hear or see me so any arrogance or pretentiousness is placed there by your imagination, just like you imagined that I was infering that questing was a reward. The fact that you can't handle conversing about a topic without resorting to childish insults about avatars shows that you can't handle anyone legitimately disagreeing with you. This isn't about taxes, this is about demanding flight for questing alts because you are bored of repetive questing, or so you say. You are still going to do the repetetive questing but you want to do it quicker which means this isn't about the repetetive questing at all, you just want the rewards with less time spent doing it to which I say, hell why don't you just ask for all the freebies you can get, amIright?
    So...you're implying that blizzard forces us to use ground mounds to make questing harder, and I'm asking for flying mounts to make questing easier?

I never knew that blizzard forced us to use ground mounts to make questing harder, which makes your assumption about my desires false, since I only ask for flying mounts because I assumed they wanted us to use ground mount to experience the "culture" in pandaria, which I clearly stated in my first post that I had experienced enough, and wanted to move past it at a pace which my worked for flying mount would normally allow me to on my alts while leveling in BC, WOTLK and Cataclysm, something which I did on them while I leveled them.

And assuming they would give me a flying mount, what would be considered as a "freebie" in leveling my alt with a flyin mount? You're saying my mount would be free? No dude, I paid over 12000g to use my flying mount, there was nothing free about it. You're saying leveling would be free? No dude, I would still have to do it. What would be a freebie exactly?

I don't know what the hell you're trying to "show me", or what you think that "I'm showing" by calling you out, since the more you type the more you twist and lie about eveything I said in my previous posts, which makes you look more and more and more arrogant and simply put, too stupid to understand anything except your imagined conversations.
    Last edited by ElvenArcher; 2013-01-18 at 06:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Fuck no,

Youve done it twice?

I'm on my 6th and have no problem with it, its nice to be able to wander around and "feel" the world about the player, as theyve said before,

Flying take the world, out of world of warcraft
    Haha, what a load of crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    The tomb idea would be very handy! But I don't think you should give your alts free flying if that's what some are implying. They're full leveled characters too (or SoR). I was never there in Vanilla or even BC. But I know people that were, you (OP) should've been there before BC and flying. Many MMOs don't even have flying mounts or mounts in general. It is a good asset to have but I really love experiencing everything on the ground.
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

Quote Originally Posted by Mordredofmia View Post
    Yet everyone I know who went to play rift instead of wow is back. Having flying mounts in the game and not being able to lose them isn't a shame. Flying mounts make the game better and more fun. I enjoy questing and viewing the world from the sky as a bird. It's absolutely more fun to me and it makes me more inclined to quest more. Flying mounts enhance my immersion in the game 100 fold over ground mounts.
    I doubt the reason they came back from those games was because they didn't have flying mounts. Flying mounts are fine and all, but they're overused. A friend of mine used to play some game where you could raise a dragon that was also a companion that would fight for you. It would slowly level up and eventually you would be able to fly on it but only for a little while, then have a CD before you could fly again. There are alternatives, the way it is now just seems a little much to me.

Ghostcrawler hates flying, so I don't think we'll see early flying anytime soon

Dear OP, no. Stop whining.