Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tome of Cold Weather Flying wasn't introduced until Patch 3.2,
    which was in August of 2009. So, it may be awhile before you see anything like it.
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    No, you stated multiple times that its punishing you by making you wait until 90 to fly. You still have to go through it regardless of flying or not. If you think playing the game is punishment, then stop playing. Why would you care to get more to 90? As you said "going through the content time and time again is not fun" ... so why would you want to run heroics and do LFR on different toons, that wouldn't be fun according to you.
    Reread what I said, because it's not what I said at all!

Running instances on different toons WOULD be fun because you're getting a new viewpoint of the fight, or a different way of attacking the boss. Think of the position you would be in if you were normally a tank, then think of how your view of the fight would change if you went on a alt because your group needed a healer that night? Yeah, different, huh? What about from, say, a rogue to a mage? Different!

You're taking logic from that and applying it to something that never actually changes. The quests are not dynamic. They stay the same no matter what class you're on. You always know what you have to do, and it's not that much of a different perspective of anything. All that changes is your normal rotation, and you should know that by the time you hit Pandaria. Basically, you're comparing apples to oranges here.

And listen to what you're saying. You're questioning why we would even roll alts in the first place. Some people are fine only having one toon, but why is it that you are questioning our willingness to have more than one? Why is it that you feel the need to impose your play style on others? What do you see is so wrong about having alts?

No, its not punishing you to play more than one alt. It is easy regardless of flying.
    So...how would flying degrade anything when they are already "easy", by your terms? You just legitimized why the tome idea should become reality and I don't think you even realized you did so.

It is in no way grueling or demanding: You are obviously a very new player.
    And...you obviously don't know me that well, do you?

You can mindlessly do the insanely easy quests regardless of flying.
    /facepalm

Again, please review your argument.
    I think I just did. Standing by what I said the way I said it.

Yes, this statement is read as an ultimatum. You are giving me two choices: Agree with you or don't speak.
    Umm...reread what you quoted me as saying because you're taking something out of context while leaving the context in there for everyone to read (which I did an epic facepalm over...thank you for showing everyone what I actually said then expose the epic holes in your argument over what you THINK I said). I'm saying that if you are not ready to explain the other heirlooms we get and campaign that we shouldn't have those either (which, by the definitions provided here, already does what a tome like heirloom for flying in Pandaria would do), then you shouldn't really complain about people wanting a tome because it's essentially the same thing as those, and you're argument is over heirlooms. I'm saying that if you approved of one, then you shouldn't complain about the possibility of the other.

How you got "don't speak regardless" from "don't be a hypocrite when you speak" is beyond me!
    I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space, with the tuning fork, does a raw blink on Hari-Kari rock! I need scissors! 61!

Quote Originally Posted by darkpower View Post
    Reread what I said, because it's not what I said at all!

Running instances on different toons WOULD be fun because you're getting a new viewpoint of the fight, or a different way of attacking the boss. Think of the position you would be in if you were normally a tank, then think of how your view of the fight would change if you went on a alt because your group needed a healer that night? Yeah, different, huh? What about from, say, a rogue to a mage? Different!

You're taking logic from that and applying it to something that never actually changes. The quests are not dynamic. They stay the same no matter what class you're on. You always know what you have to do, and it's not that much of a different perspective of anything. All that changes is your normal rotation, and you should know that by the time you hit Pandaria. Basically, you're comparing apples to oranges here.

And listen to what you're saying. You're questioning why we would even roll alts in the first place. Some people are fine only having one toon, but why is it that you are questioning our willingness to have more than one? Why is it that you feel the need to impose your play style on others? What do you see is so wrong about having alts?

So...how would flying degrade anything when they are already "easy", by your terms? You just legitimized why the tome idea should become reality and I don't think you even realized you did so.

And...you obviously don't know me that well, do you?

/facepalm

I think I just did. Standing by what I said the way I said it.

Umm...reread what you quoted me as saying because you're taking something out of context while leaving the context in there for everyone to read (which I did an epic facepalm over...thank you for showing everyone what I actually said then expose the epic holes in your argument over what you THINK I said). I'm saying that if you are not ready to explain the other heirlooms we get and campaign that we shouldn't have those either (which, by the definitions provided here, already does what a tome like heirloom for flying in Pandaria would do), then you shouldn't really complain about people wanting a tome because it's essentially the same thing as those, and you're argument is over heirlooms. I'm saying that if you approved of one, then you shouldn't complain about the possibility of the other.

How you got "don't speak regardless" from "don't be a hypocrite when you speak" is beyond me!
    No, quests being easy does not make your argument any more legit.

No, I am not against alts, and I have not said anything close to that. Again, if you find questing, leveling and playing grueling or punishment, don't play. Break up with WoW.

No, if I approve of one, I don't automatically have to like the other. They are way different. Again, do not use an ultimatum. I can have differing opinions on two totally different things. Just because using armor heirlooms, and a flying mount speed parts of the game up does NOT make them 100% the same. This is all just illogical, a straw man, and a fallacy.

With this logic, you HAVE TO be campaigning that you only need to get to 90 once, and all other classes get to 90 as well automatically. Might as well always get the same item levels as your main toon as well.

Again, if you think these quests are grueling, you are probably a newer player.

Again, review your argument.

Blizzard hinders my gameplay and gates me by not giving me 1 million gold!!!!!!1! QQ!!!!!!11!

Kinda confused here, what skin is it off someones else back if another persons alt can fly a few levels early because they are tired of seeing the same things for the 3rd or 4th time, what does it take away from your gameplay?? (serious question? don't play on a PVP server is it a gawking thing or something?) I don't remember people QQing about the tomes in LK when they brought them about?
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2013-01-19 at 12:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I Agree with the OP. It's only the vocal minority that has such an aversion to flying mounts. Why should the majority of players who appreciate them have to suffer?

Perhaps they should have an option in the UI menu to "Enable or Disable Flying Mounts" that can only take affect once you relog. Maybe that will make all the 'anti-flyers' happy and stop them from ruining the experience that us flyers enjoy about the game!
    "Come, Stormrage, and I will show you what happens to those that betray the lord of the Legion!" — Mannoroth.

I'm working on my 6th 90 and I totally agree. They need to add flying mounts for alts like they did in Wotlk.

Leveling 85 - 90 grounded for the first time is great but there is little to no reason to force it after that. If other people would rather play without flying on their alts they can still do that.

I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned this (didn't read all those pages), but you could have someone fly you to all of Pandaria's flightpoints. That'd alleviate should alleviate some of the leveling process.

So the other 20 % should take precedence over the 80%? Makes sense.
    No, genius. The other 80% (who are NOT 80% of the playerbase by the way, it' s an overly represented/vocal demographic) should grow a brain and realize that no one is forcing them to use flying mounts that they already have the option to forego them.

It does seem so much more logical to implement a WoLK model for flying or just letting us have flight off the bat, doesn't it, considering that the people who wish to quest on ground mounts can still do so.

My understanding was that the ground mounts only thing was implemented because people were qqing about world pvp, which flying mounts tends to put a damper on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not everyone wants 10 toons at 90.
    You're not the norm, and so Blizzard aren't catering towards your need to fly while leveling your next toon.

Enjoy the Panda culture and don't expect flying till atleast 5.3+
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Path View Post
    I Agree with the OP. It's only the vocal minority that has such an aversion to flying mounts. Why should the majority of players who appreciate them have to suffer?

Perhaps they should have an option in the UI menu to "Enable or Disable Flying Mounts" that can only take affect once you relog. Maybe that will make all the 'anti-flyers' happy and stop them from ruining the experience that us flyers enjoy about the game!
    You don't know what the majority wants at all. Don't make claims like that. Also, if playing WoW without flying actually means you "suffer", then maybe you shouldn't be playing this game at all.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 09:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    No, genius. The other 80% (who are NOT 80% of the playerbase by the way, it' s an overly represented/vocal demographic) should grow a brain and realize that no one is forcing them to use flying mounts that they already have the option to forego them.
    You don't know that at all. Sorry, I doubt you have access to such information. Making such claims is just a tired old fallacy you probably heard some casual/easy-mode players make.

My comment to you only reflected your own illogical claim. You stated 20% of thee players want flying. This can only mean the other 80& either don't want them or don't care. Thats your own made up numbers of course... butttt.

Personally agree they should add BoA tomes for panda flying for level 85 alts - tie it to the panda Loremaster + Explorer or even 'Pandaren Ambassador' if they feel it necessary to 'prove' we've seen the content already.

And while they're at it, why aren't the new guild heirlooms up to level 90? The Cata ones worked to level 85. Why are none of the new, fairly expensive heirloom 'upgrades' usable to 90? We got 2 that worked until level 85 last expansion, so why do we get none now?

Even the 300% exp, 1 hour buff item from the rare in Dread Wastes can't be used on characters above level 84 (an item with only a 10% drop chance in the first place).

Just feels like them trying to make the experience of leveling alts as tedious as possible (it was fine the first time through but past that it really bores me to tears); I'm not quite sure what the issue is with Pandaria, maybe the lack of zone choice is what bugs me (aka you'll always start in Jade Forest while both Cata/WotLK gave you a choice of two zones).

Also wish they'd make harmony BoA already, so I can send the useless ones on my main to an alt...

Edit: While they're at if if they're going to make all the new patch hubs 'anti-flying' I hope they fix all the flying mounts so we can still use them on the ground rather than limiting us to whatever they decide is suitable to be walking on the ground/given a jump animation; if Heart of the Aspects is considered suitable as a ground mount there's no reason to deny any of the others.
    Last edited by Kaiarra; 2013-01-19 at 02:44 AM.

As stated many times above, I'd agree that adding a BoA tome is the way to do it. I really cant understand why people have a problem with this, the only argument that holds any ground is, "HOW I GRIEF U IF U FLY?!?!?" Not sure how much ground but its there.

Saying that wanting flying = wanting full Heroic Raid/Elite PVP gear is just asinine, especially when in the same post the poster says that leveling is already easy, so what about flying will ruin this easy and mindless task?

Lets do a real world application of this. I get a haircut 5 times and the barber gives me a punch card for a free haircut next time I come in. Does that mean I want free haircuts for life after my first cut? And ya apples to oranges whatever you want, it's essentially the same thing, A small reward for repeat business. It keeps people coming back, which is the point right?

Either way I'll level my alts, I just dont see the problem with flying after Ive seen the scenery and worked my way up to 90.

You don't know what the majority wants at all. Don't make claims like that.

You don't know that at all. Sorry, I doubt you have access to such information. Making such claims is just a tired old fallacy you probably heard some casual/easy-mode players make.
    We've repeatedly polled it here, where there are *more* hardcore players than average and clearly a vocal group in favour of removing flying mounts, and it always ends up demonstrating they are a vocal minority and the vast majority want their flying mounts. And who can blame them, flying on a dragon is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    We've repeatedly polled it here, where there are *more* hardcore players than average and clearly a vocal group in favour of removing flying mounts, and it always ends up demonstrating they are a vocal minority and the vast majority want their flaying mounts. And who can blame them, flying on a dragon is awesome.
    Too bad the vocal minority who posts on the official forums gets its way most of the time, eh? >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Brash View Post
    As stated many times above, I'd agree that adding a BoA tome is the way to do it. I really cant understand why people have a problem with this, the only argument that holds any ground is, "HOW I GRIEF U IF U FLY?!?!?" Not sure how much ground but its there.

Saying that wanting flying = wanting full Heroic Raid/Elite PVP gear is just asinine, especially when in the same post the poster says that leveling is already easy, so what about flying will ruin this easy and mindless task?

Lets do a real world application of this. I get a haircut 5 times and the barber gives me a punch card for a free haircut next time I come in. Does that mean I want free haircuts for life after my first cut? And ya apples to oranges whatever you want, it's essentially the same thing, A small reward for repeat business. It keeps people coming back, which is the point right?

Either way I'll level my alts, I just dont see the problem with flying after Ive seen the scenery and worked my way up to 90.
    That application doesn't fit in the slightest. Leveling is easy, mounts don't at all affect difficulty of quests. Someone saying questing is easy has no bearing on mounts.

In recap, you just want something for nothing. I am backing Blizzard in this. Your "repeat customer" thing is a moot point, especially since you end your post by saying you will keep leveling alts.

We've repeatedly polled it here, where there are *more* hardcore players than average and clearly a vocal group in favour of removing flying mounts, and it always ends up demonstrating they are a vocal minority and the vast majority want their flying mounts. And who can blame them, flying on a dragon is awesome.
    This means nothing at all. Seriously. Nothing at all. You especially can't prove how much of the population on MMO are "hardcore" or which "side" votes the most, or even chose to vote. Horrible logic. Fallacies = puke.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Too bad the vocal minority who posts on the official forums gets its way most of the time, eh? >.<
    I can understand the pvpers to some extent, but they are the minority (most people forget the majority of players are on pve servers), and surely their issue could be fixed with no fly zones on those servers or something?

The rest of the bandwagon seems to be people who feel they should be awarded special hardcore points for making things as boring and difficult as possible because wow is their job. I have zero sympathy for that. If someone wants it to be harder then they can make it harder themselves by just not using the mount, there's no need to force their gameplay choices/preferences on everyone. Blizz keeps stating they're moving to people having more choice about how they play, which makes perfect sense to me, so it's just beyond me why people are so desperate to take choice away for others.

Deleted
    Your OWN choice to do alts.. deal with it.

This means nothing at all. Seriously. Nothing at all. You especially can't prove how much of the population on MMO are "hardcore" or which "side" votes the most, or even chose to vote. Horrible logic. Fallacies = puke.
    So you have better evidence then? Lack of evidence being proof is also a fallacy I believe so puke to you as well?

The fact is there is not a single poll out there that supports a majority wanting flying removed. You can quibble with the polls all you want, but they're still indicative of the general attitude of people.

And of course mmo champ has more hardcore people than an average server pop. It is a gaming site, the people who use it are more serious about the game and interested in it than people who don't bother to use gaming sites at all.

I can understand the pvpers to some extent, but they are the minority (most people forget the majority of players are on pve servers), and surely their issue could be fixed with no fly zones on those servers or something?

The rest of the bandwagon seems to be people who feel they should be awarded special hardcore points for making things as boring and difficult as possible because wow is their job. I have zero sympathy for that. If someone wants it to be harder then they can make it harder themselves by just not using the mount, there's no need to force their gameplay choices/preferences on everyone. Blizz keeps stating they're moving to people having more choice about how they play, which makes perfect sense to me, so it's just beyond me why people are so desperate to take choice away for others.
    Using ground mounts does not make anything harder at all.