[Glyphs] - Glyph of Time Warp / Glyph of Alter Time Suggestions

Four ideas here.

a) Allows Time Warp to increase the highest secondary stat of each individual player OR
    b) you are able to directly modify it. Pick between Crit and Mastery.

a) Allows Alter Time to be cast on another player (versioning) while you keep your own. This would be on a 30 minutes to 1 hour cd to discourage class stacking OR
    b) Makes Alter Time Raid wide (5-10 min cd) but gives you a much bigger time frame to trigger it manually or automatically to account for other players and getting the raid topped off - lesser error on behalf of the mage.

Bored @ work and figured I'd throw these out. Would like to know if any of these suggestions would even be taken into consideration, and if those criteria have been met for TW (a,b) and/or AT (a,b), discussions on how to incorporate it for more raid utility without imbalancing PvE and/or PvP.

Time warp will never happen like that. It would become a mandatory glyph for all mages doing PvE (and possibly PvP, I'm not sure what they're options are there).
    Making Time Warp off the GCD and/or castable while casting another spell may be considered (unless it's already off the GCD, I don't really play my mage any more).

Probably the same again for Alter Time in terms of it becoming a mandatory raider glyph.

10+ Year Old Account
    It already is off the GCD and unfortunately these variations, while cool, would be too powerful in any case. Almost all single target boosts were removed from the game precisely because they didn't want to additionally balance the game around it (Focus Magic, Dark Intent, that DiscPriest Power thingy).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    It already is off the GCD and unfortunately these variations, while cool, would be too powerful in any case. Almost all single target boosts were removed from the game precisely because they didn't want to additionally balance the game around it (Focus Magic, Dark Intent, that DiscPriest Power thingy).
    I always feel like I'm missing giving out a buff. Focus Magic... But then I realize they took it out a long time back. Loved that buff!

10+ Year Old Account
    It was removed in 5.0.4, the MoP patch. All during Cataclysm I fought with my former guild master about who gets the buffs. I had to give Focus Magic to him (moonkin) except in special cases when I gas allowed to give it to Fire Mages. When we had 3 Arcane Mages in Firelands, we gave it to eachother to annoy him on purpose. He also always got Dark Intent except when I played Fire on Alysrazor and specific bosses in DS like Yor'sahj.

He also always forced Disc Priests to give him Power instead to me even though it was the most powerful buff imaginable for Arcane.

In retrospect, I was traumatized by these power ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Macanam View Post
    Time warp will never happen like that. It would become a mandatory glyph for all mages doing PvE (and possibly PvP, I'm not sure what they're options are there).
    "Mandatory glyphs"? Evocate is mandatory, Combustion for Fire and Ice Lance for Frost are mandatory. We have a third slot for those, and TWO slots for Arcane for "mandatory glyphs" because the rest of our glyphs are garbage. (AP for Arcane is debatable)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    "Mandatory glyphs"? Evocate is mandatory, Combustion for Fire and Ice Lance for Frost are mandatory. We have a third slot for those, and TWO slots for Arcane for "mandatory glyphs" because the rest of our glyphs are garbage. (AP for Arcane is debatable)
    Evocation is not mandatory. You could make some form of argument for RoP specs, but in most situations running invoc, it's usually overheal. Even then, no healer's going to wait for your 1% ticks to bring you back up, they're going to heal you. Ice lance is situational, and a detriment to raid health on at least one fight this tier. Whether or not there's an alternative that's worth a damn on those fights is another story.

As to the OP's suggestion, I don't see either working too well. Changing time warp to crit has the (very slim) chance of nothing happening at all. Mastery would allow for ridiculous amounts of burst in all three specs. If you were to give 30 points of mastery to frost, that's 45% frozen damage/pet damage. Same goes for arcane. Imagine combustion with the ignite bonus 30 points of mastery would give. It'd be nice on fights with massive haste bonuses, like Sinestra? But then you'd be popping it without regard to the other raiders, who would just be getting haste.

Likewise, the alter time suggestion does make some sense as a raid wall, but since it's usually used offensively, you'd have to organize everyone's optimal times to pop it or potentially screw some people over. I do like the idea from a health/mana standpoint, though. Potentially a new spell? Rogues are getting a 20% damage reduction via smoke bomb, I could see us getting some neat defensive raid cooldown although I doubt we will, since we bring time warp.

10+ Year Old Account
    not really sure any of this is needed imho

Always thought mages could bring Mana Stones to the raid. At this point tho - and considering how awesome AT is - I'd say we could have some kind of houglass to give AT effect to whoever click on it. Give it few charges (3 or 5) to balance it.

Also, they could remove lvl90 talents and add utility there instead of maintenance buffs/self limiting tools.

Mana stones are useless for everyone but healers and current design favours only healers having mana cooldowns that can be applied to other people, in order to prevent class stacking of DPS on healer intensive fights
    We could do with a spot more utility but while a lot of people keep bringing up mana regen, I really think that is not going to happen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Mana stones are useless for everyone but healers and current design favours only healers having mana cooldowns that can be applied to other people, in order to prevent class stacking of DPS on healer intensive fights
    We could do with a spot more utility but while a lot of people keep bringing up mana regen, I really think that is not going to happen
    You are right, Mana Gems are useless, because mana as a resource is obsolete for anyone but healers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

And they certainly aren't going to redesign every other DPS class in the game (and all those energy-using melee) just to give Mages some more utility

10+ Year Old Account
    And they certainly aren't going to redesign every other DPS class in the game (and all those energy-using melee) just to give Mages some more utility
    You must admit, though, that there needs to be some pure-specific utility cooldowns and junk introduced?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

We could do with a spot more utility
    Do you really need to ask

I don't understand the purpose of your suggestions.

From a pvp pov, Time Warp is not usable on rated arenas/bg, so it has sense to give it a different bonus in compensation. But not through glyph! Glyphs to improve really long cooldown spells are unpopular, players prefer to improve spells that they cast often.

To cast Alter Time on other players would be really confusing for them. We should be able to recast (not cast) Alter Time while in cc, but despite this improvement, I don't think that Alter Time needs more atention.