Deleted

Next patch (5.2) Disc or Shadow?

Hello fellow Priests! How are you?

Well my main atm is this warrior, I've been playing warrior for a while (2 expansions) and I really like them! But with the huge nerfs incoming I think that I need a alt and play two classes

I'm leveling my priest, but the problem is that I like both Disc & Shadow (only PvP).

Regarding the newest patch notes what should I go for (always in mind that I'm adapted to warrior's gamestyle - I know that its completely different but I really like priest :P).

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

-Morth \m/

Well considering one spec is heals and one is dps, that will answer your question. It's how you want to play.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morthareen View Post
    Hello fellow Priests! How are you?

Well my main atm is this warrior, I've been playing warrior for a while (2 expansions) and I really like them! But with the huge nerfs incoming I think that I need a alt and play two classes

I'm leveling my priest, but the problem is that I like both Disc & Shadow (only PvP).

Regarding the newest patch notes what should I go for (always in mind that I'm adapted to warrior's gamestyle - I know that its completely different but I really like priest :P).

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

-Morth \m/
    Well.. first off i love Shadow myself and i dont know if u have loved it before but i would always go shadow! Shadow in 5- 5.1 was kinda like shadow mage and since Dp is changing into a actual DOT is kinda going to a actual DOT class ( wich is runjing dotting etc) what ever u like.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2013-01-18 at 09:02 PM.

Deleted
    Shadow isn't overpowered, maybe underpowered when it comes to damage. But it's on Ghostcrawlers nerf-list! You know what this means?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenobaal View Post
    Shadow isn't overpowered, maybe underpowered when it comes to damage. But it's on Ghostcrawlers nerf-list! You know what this means?
    The nerfs has already been announced. No big change. Shadow is still the top caster spec, and will continue to be so in 5.2, especially with both lock and mage nerfs.

Regarding disc it's hard to say if they have the output and survivability with the 5.2 changes to become viable. I could imagine RMP getting a revival in 5.2 as at least one potential comp to run.

For shadow, DKs and warriors will completely shut you down if you get into a 1vs1 situation in BGs or in duels

I have problems with equally geared DKs and warriors and only manage them if I have void tendrils (of if they are beyond bad), but you give up psyfiend for that. Even then, it's still a toss up with more favor on their side. Fear is our CC and they hard counter it.

I still found disc lacking in PvP healing on 5.2. They still need much more work.
    Last edited by schizocaria; 2013-01-19 at 12:04 AM.

Dks and warrior?

U forgot Ferals Monks and Rogues!

We're OP (in GC's mind) but still every f/ worth of something completely shut us down if theres no F.Mage around babysitting us.

No but...please.

Warriors will still be really good, but if you want something similar to a warrior go monk or rogue.. Actually just go monk, its easier (= more like a warrior)

DP nerf seems pretty giant to me in pvp situations.
    Save orbs for 24 seconds, pop trinket, DP target for burst, dot gets dispelled or healed through.

If the DPET of a single DP stays the same its indeed a huge nerf on front loaded damage, but it may helps sustained damage.

In short, we're bad for 2s and it will get worse. Costant pressure going up in 3s is intersting tho.