Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well, it's not 'hurting' the game; I doubt anyone has quit because of it. But it is fucking annoying. Same goes for race changing, sometimes you just want a bit of change but it's just not worth the cost.

Just wish it was a bit cheaper, Blizzard's just being assholes with the price. I mean - If people will pay it, why wouldn't they charge that price? But still. Can buy a lot of games for the price of realm/race transferring lmfao.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Blizzard just being assholes with the price. I mean - If people will pay it, why wouldn't they charge that price? But still.
    You will always charge things at the maximum price that people will pay for yet achieve a number of sales that generates the best revenue, Blizzard is a profit making company, why is it asshole for a company to try to make money? It is like almost the whole point it is there in the first place.

Not everyone is like Santa and seeing happy children faces are enough, some of us trying to maximise for our own gain instead.

It'd be nice. Heck, I'd do it more often even if it were just $10.

I'm not gonna bite on the Blizzard should do this or that stuff. I've plenty of cash to blow on the game, after making well over $1k on D3, and I'm personally putting off my 8th xfer and looking at unsubbing once my AP is up. I've done it 7 times, but at $25 a shot, and the game what it is right now, I don't think it's worth it.

OP is ironic. Blizz should make it free roughly translates into - I see the value, but don't feel I should have to pay.

My view is that I see the value, and it's not $25. Dueces.

I hate it as well, but I can't deny that Blizzard has most definitely made more money off the transfers than they have lost via people who quit because of them.

Thus, I don't really believe your thread title is accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Isn't that like, most other MMO RPGs are?

I only played a couple so I cannot say for ALL, but LOTRO, FFXI, FFXIV, does not really take you through all the BASIC feature, let alone advance features. FFXI you even need to find where you need to rest your character by yourself, how the AH works and where it is (no guards to tell you), WoW is already VERY new user friendly compare to the other MMO (unless they are new MMO in that case everyone is new), if you think WoW is hostile towards new players, you need to try a few other non new MMOs out there.
    "non-New" is right to the point right there. There's a reason a lot of old MMOs aren't growing too, y'know. Or why the genre just as a whole seems kind of stagnant.

Without it people will just freely server transfer whenever. That hurts the sense of community servers have, if there is any left. I do agree that the $25 is a bit expensive though, especially combined with faction changing. Server transferring should cost $10, and maybe $25 for both server transferring and faction changing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    It's ridiculous. When a game like Rift is able to do it for free, there's no reason there should be one in WoW. I'm sure blizzard has lost players because for some reason or another they could not afford the $25 fee to transfer on top of their $15. Blizzard should really look at how many are quitting the game and of those who could have transferred and maybe found a better environment on another server. Also, given how long the game has been out many people may be reluctant now to spend money. And if you have $25 to throw around to find another guild, great.
    i prefer if there was a bundle character move. $25buck for 1 and then 5 dollar for each after that with a limit of 5 if anything.... and like 1 time every 2 month for the moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    It's ridiculous. When a game like Rift is able to do it for free, there's no reason there should be one in WoW. I'm sure blizzard has lost players because for some reason or another they could not afford the $25 fee to transfer on top of their $15. Blizzard should really look at how many are quitting the game and of those who could have transferred and maybe found a better environment on another server. Also, given how long the game has been out many people may be reluctant now to spend money. And if you have $25 to throw around to find another guild, great.
    When this game has a player base as small as that maybe it will be free. Generally what hurts the game most is kiddies who feel entitled to everything they want for free, and kiddies is not a comment on people's calendar age.

Blizz should offer a coupon code every 3 months for folks letting them know which low pop servers they can transfer to and help balance the economy. This way, people could get a discount and Blizz can fill servers, but people can't just willy-nilly relocate for free as often as they like.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    The amount of people praising corporations is making me ill. Seriously, stop defending them, they screw you over more than you know.
    If you play WoW, you support them. If you do not play, your comment is not really relevant here is it

10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of people praising corporations is making me ill. Seriously, stop defending them, they screw you over more than you know.
    If they are not there to make money, there will be Burberry, no McDs/KFC, no Blizzard, no Coca Cola, well, probably half the world would disappear with them.

You forget that all the things you enjoy, probably come from a corporation that tries to make money

No, the mass amounts of QQ threads is hurting wow. If all you can do is focus on the negative, you should have quit a long time ago.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 03:26 PM ----------

And they make plenty of money off their subscribers already, charging $25 for a server transfer is daylight robbery.
    Daylight robbery you choose to take part in?

I have trouble believing that the $25 transfer fee is hurting the game; however, I will agree that it is outrageously priced. I transferred from a dead realm to a realm I have actually taken a liking to. It actually reinvigorated WoW for me. Though, when I realized that I literally left behind 6 85s and the cost of moving even half of them would be $75 it kind of ticked me off. Needless to say I was essentially forced to remake a few alts so I actually had something with gathering professions. Perhaps a bulk package would be reasonable? Lower the price for a single transfer to perhaps $10? I'd have no problem transferring five toons for $50, but five toons for 125? Fuck off.

10+ Year Old Account
    My problem doesn't reside so much with the guild factor, although it's obvious for some it is (hey, guilds change servers, it happens a lot). Some of the guilds I had progression with decided to faction swap or change servers due to a lack of recruit interest, or wanting faster progression.. so they went to either higher populated servers, or higher ranked servers. That's fine, although I can understand if you have multiple characters, the money spent can add up quickly.. especially if you don't just raid with one person, or like having them for profession use / banking etc.

I think friends can be another one to address. I've had a few of mine jump to other servers to join guilds for progression OR because other friends were there.. and I kind of like being around friends, like many of us probably do. That's mostly what keeps me playing other than progression (though I'm not so into it as I once was). So there are reasons why we transfer... as if that wasn't obvious already.

The cost? I'm fine with having one, though I would feel more content to transfer were it equal to that of the standard monthly fee ($15). It seems to be working out for Blizzard though, so I'm not going to breathe down their neck about it.. it's more of a personal preference & level of convenience than anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ovacor View Post
    I have trouble believing that the $25 transfer fee is hurting the game; however, I will agree that it is outrageously priced. I transferred from a dead realm to a realm I have actually taken a liking to. It actually reinvigorated WoW for me. Though, when I realized that I literally left behind 6 85s and the cost of moving even half of them would be $75 it kind of ticked me off. Needless to say I was essentially forced to remake a few alts so I actually had something with gathering professions. Perhaps a bulk package would be reasonable? Lower the price for a single transfer to perhaps $10? I'd have no problem transferring five toons for $50, but five toons for 125? Fuck off.
    yeah i agreeed.

i mean if they could give you a discount to renew your monthly payment for 3/6months why not for character moves.speaking of just got hit for my next 6 month today 71bucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    Blizz should offer a coupon code every 3 months for folks letting them know which low pop servers they can transfer to and help balance the economy. This way, people could get a discount and Blizz can fill servers, but people can't just willy-nilly relocate for free as often as they like.
    When Blizzard did the Annual Pass thing I was more or less expecting them to continue with it and make it renewable to keep people around. One of the things I imagined they would put into it was a free server transfer for one or all of your toons, a race change and a faction change along with other goodies.

Alas, they didn't pursue it. It probably wouldn't have made any difference anyway but it would have been one way to do it. I agree with everyone else that revenue gained from having it the way it is is much greater than revenue lost due its existence.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    25 bucks for such things is redicilous and overpriced, even if you dont agree its true.. you can buy a game for that crap.

Sure i would even pay 35 bucks to migrate all my nine characters from my server, im a person who plays each toon every day, im not the person who just plays a main. Having to pay for 9 is just redicilous. If i migrate one ill just get bored.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2013-01-18 at 09:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And they make plenty of money off their subscribers already, charging $25 for a server transfer is daylight robbery.
    I am sorry I never knew there was a "too much money".

If you can make more money, there isn't a reason not to. You are one of those believer that "this company make enough profit, they can make more, but they shouldn't just to be nice"?

I am sorry but most company out there uses "if I can make $1 more, I will make $1 more", unfortunately this is how pretty much most business in the real world works.

10+ Year Old Account
    True, I "quit" the game a few months back due to having no one to play with and not being able to raid. Now my hours could change and I might be able to raid again, but my guild has disbanded and a lot have gone to a guild on a different realm. I like these people a lot and would like to play with them again, but paying 60 quid to move my chars? not a chance, already done it twice and there's no discount or anything.

if you are brazillian it's even worse. R$40,00 per toon.

if you look at it through the optics of currency, that's actually cheaper than the american prices. but keeping in mind how much brazillians and americans earn per month, that price is heavy on BRs. "HUEHEUHE" for you, blizz
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.