Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    It's ridiculous. When a game like Rift is able to do it for free, there's no reason there should be one in WoW. I'm sure blizzard has lost players because for some reason or another they could not afford the $25 fee to transfer on top of their $15. Blizzard should really look at how many are quitting the game and of those who could have transferred and maybe found a better environment on another server. Also, given how long the game has been out many people may be reluctant now to spend money. And if you have $25 to throw around to find another guild, great.
    Not only is the $25 ridiculous, but with Cross Realm Zones being forced now, some folks, like myself, transfered off of a server to get away from some drama queens and harassment, and now, with the implementation of CRZ, boom, it's like we never left. So not only is the fee ridiculous, but they've made the actual transfer pointless as there is no opt out option for it.

Deleted
    i wouldnt say its hurting the game, but i would agree its quite high in price.

I don't like the price either.

In my opinion they should just make another annual pass and if you sign it your transfer are cheaper (like 10-15 dollars).

10+ Year Old Account
    I really wish it was cheaper.. I only xfer'd onto a PvP server to play with friends but they all quit. So now I have my main + 3 more toons that I leveled, and I rather PVE more with but can't because most guilds on the PvP server suck.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alewen View Post
    Not only is the $25 ridiculous, but with Cross Realm Zones being forced now, some folks, like myself, transfered off of a server to get away from some drama queens and harassment, and now, with the implementation of CRZ, boom, it's like we never left. So not only is the fee ridiculous, but they've made the actual transfer pointless as there is no opt out option for it.
    Well, if it's entirely pointless it's fair to ask why we're having a discussion about it. I don't think it's pointless in fact to talk about it now, but I think it might be in the future.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    It prevents the unbalanced server issue from getting even more out of hand and prevents too much server transfer abuse.

Makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Attsey View Post
    The problem is that Blizzard is in a too dominating position and this translates into a bad deal for the consumer. You can’t blame them for making the most of this but the defence of this profiteering is quite sickening. If these people lost their income and fell on hard times they may see it in a different light.
    I'm a student. The word income doesn't exist for me.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

It's ridiculous. When a game like Rift is able to do it for free, there's no reason there should be one in WoW. I'm sure blizzard has lost players because for some reason or another they could not afford the $25 fee to transfer on top of their $15. Blizzard should really look at how many are quitting the game and of those who could have transferred and maybe found a better environment on another server. Also, given how long the game has been out many people may be reluctant now to spend money. And if you have $25 to throw around to find another guild, great.
    Yeah let's do it like rift, where top guilds server hop and get server firsts on all servers completely ruining the local server pve race.
    Gamers are too obsessed with the death of games. Imagine if all that energy was channeled into the LIFE of games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would you rather they removed the fee, and the ability to transfer instead?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dear OP,

A game like RIFT cannot charge for transfers, they dont have the clout.

WOW is the big boy, the King of MMO's. They charge because they can.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe people actually argue in favor of it.

There are many people in this game who are in guilds or situations where they fall apart. And now they are stuck to choose pay $25 and take a chance with a new guild, or quit. And you guys feel like they should quit. God I'm lucky my guild is still running strong even with a few people leaving during heroic progression. Pathetic.
    And that is Blizzard's fault that a guild falls apart or a player gets themselves into a situation where they feel they should leave the server?
    I actually propose raising the fee to $100 for the first Xfer in 12 month period, then give you 3 free ones, and putting a cooldown of 90 days between xfers. Used to be people cared about their reputations on their server, and they acted like decent folk... now you dont have that... and part of it is because folks can act like asshats and pay $25 to run away to a new server.

you are right, the $25 xfer fee is hurting the game... it gives folks the permission to act like asshats. So raise the fee or remove realm xfers completely

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Hey It's a business got to make much money as much as possible so thus I don't see anything wrong with it.
    Someone said it a long time ago.

Just because you're a business and out to make money doesn't mean you have to go out of your way to be an asshole about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    the 25$ is for profit pure and simple, not to control the transfers. They just need a long CD on xfers if they wanted to prevent abuse. Blizzard isn't your friend, they want your money.

As long as people keep paying for it in droves they'll keep the fee. This may be the one form of complaining to see a change from Blizzard that I support.

Deleted
    It doesn't cost them a cent to do the transfer since they automated things like that (including item restoration and stuff). They are just a bunch of greedy asshats, aka a business. Tbh, I don't see anything wrong with it though.

Furthermore, I have transferred one, ONE single char in my entire history of playing WoW and that was during 50% sales on transfers^^ I believe most people are like me, if they really want to play on a new server, they f*ing make a new char on that new server.

Despite that, there are people out there (like my best friend) who don't give a shit about money spent on video games and well... he transferred his old rogue for the 7th time in his WoW career earlier this week, not his only char he transferred. He didn't want to wait for his bot to level a new one on our new server... I know, there's quite a few things wrong with him regarding gaming. My point is, there are people who want to spend their money for time-saving things (like not needing to level a new char) or cosmetic things, so why shouldn't charge Blizz them? Free money is free.
    Last edited by mmoc7168d263de; 2013-01-18 at 11:40 PM.

Deleted
    Im pretty sure its not hurting the game.
    You use Rift as an example, the only reason its free is to compete with WoW and other up and coming MMO's because they too will either have to use free transfers or beat WoW in price.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. I've used it very sparingly. I've even got a few character I'd race/server/faction change but the fee is too much.
    RIP <SoP>

I think the real issue is that Blizz just needs to merge the bottom 50 servers. Keep the CRZ, leave the transfer fee the same for one character, have a discount based on number of characters to transfer, and make the transfer timer a month per account. Everything else stays the same.

Ya that is. Didn't even think about that, and I have a few 90 alts.

Here's my situation: If my guild fell apart and I was not able to join another guild on my server, I would be quitting because I am not transferring my alts. Blizzard would lose out my $15 a month for many months for what.... one time of $25?
    Making it free would be stupid, but they could do a "package sollution", where it cost like $50 to transfere all chars on one server to another. Would solve that "problem" atleast.

I've spent so much money on transferes, and I cant say I care. If I choose to change server that is my problem, and I gladly pay for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    You will always charge things at the maximum price that people will pay for yet achieve a number of sales that generates the best revenue, Blizzard is a profit making company, why is it asshole for a company to try to make money? It is like almost the whole point it is there in the first place.

Not everyone is like Santa and seeing happy children faces are enough, some of us trying to maximise for our own gain instead.
    Yep, agreed.

The price is still equivalent to a small game though, or even a pre-owned game of good quality. Sure, if they 'can' charge the price, why the fuck wouldn't they? It only makes sense to maximize profits. Having said that, it's still an absurd price and the only reason it gets paid is because people get into situations where they pay it, or quit the game. Not like they have a choice a lot of the time.

It's asshole-ish to shit over the people that make your living just because they know that they can get away with it. Hell, they'd probably make more profit if it was a more reasonable price. I'm constantly in the mood for new races/factions etc, but the price puts me off. And changing realm is COMPLETELY out of the question for me unless it's reduced, with 11 characters on 1 realm and all of which contributing to making money - There's no way in hell i can transfer. They would very likely get more of my money if it was a better price.

But anyway, I can clearly see both sides of the argument and honestly - I'm just kind of in a pissy mood atm, just ignore me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    The amount of people praising corporations is making me ill. Seriously, stop defending them, they screw you over more than you know.
    Then vote with your wallet... stop buying their product if it makes you so 'ill'.