Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I dont mind paying 25dollars at all for xfers, but alteast implement a bulk system like 5 dollars off each "extra" character, so say you're moving 3 characters

Character A costs 25 dollars
    Character B costs 20 dollars
    Character C costs 15 dollars and 15 is as low as itll go. i forget how much xfers actually cost so just rough numbers lol

Never had any troubles regarding the price for transfers.
    Now that I am on the verge of moving my character to another realm (Due to guild change), I find it quite alot of money.
    Sure, it wouldn't be too bad to pay 25 for several characters but 25 for every single one that you want to transfer? Damn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    Isn't this what CRZ was supposed to prevent? If there were no CRZ in the game, I'd say fine, the price of transfers is negotiable (and pre-CRZ I totally agreed with you, the price was/is ridiculous). But now...not so sure. You should be able to find people to hang with and stuff out in the world.
    Apples and oranges.

Most people don't server transfer so they can cross random people while they're out questing on alts. They transfer so they can play with friends, join guilds, or find a server with a more active population, better economy, etc. Cross realm only minimally impacts these things, if at all. You can't join guilds cross-realm. You can't use a cross-realm auction house and /trade isn't cross-realm. You can't trade or mail things cross-realm. You can't raid current content cross-realm. And cross-realm zones are not present in high level zones, only the low level zones you move your alts from.

The only two impacts cross-realm really has common transfer reasons is that now you can group with different server friends for quests and five mans, and that when you're leveling an alt on a low pop realm the world will not be empty.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2013-01-18 at 07:22 PM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I can imagine free transfer being abused to max. Lets say you wanna reset RAID ID, you transfer and there you go, change name, hm go to a realm that has the same name or ask a friend or some random dude from thats server to create a toon with same name. or steal/scam ppl or get bad reputation on your server and simply move to another. For kids that would be amazing and like birthday present...

I'm sorry I was under the impression that starting over on a new realm was actually free. Was not aware they forced you to transfer.

10+ Year Old Account
    i disagree and agree with the OP...
    transfer fee's are acceptable in my books, there should however be exclusions to it
    1. you are on a real low pop realm = free xfers to any med pop
    2. you are on a realm suffering from extreme horde/alli ratio, free xfers onto realm for lower side, and free off realm for higher side.

but in general xfers being free? no, why ruin even more what community we have left when joe blow scammer from tyrande, can go from server to server weaseling his way into gbank coffers / players pants etc, then just xfer off after he snags everything of value,

remember blizzard usually ignores scamming claims if the other person was given enough power to take stuff from the gbank.
    and if someones good at social engineering and can get free xfers?
    yeah...adding a monetary value on xfers helps what is left of the community by not making such things as common place as they would be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    I'm sorry I was under the impression that starting over on a new realm was actually free. Was not aware they forced you to transfer.
    and this 100 times, no need to xfer at all, just reroll.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Oh so there's no other method out there that could prevent that from happening? Do you kids not even think anymore?

Let's see there's uh cooldown timers. Give 1 free transfer a month to all characters.
    This. Amasing how people still can't think Blizzard would likely also do some limits for it, if they ever were to let it be free.

PS 1 guy with 2 accounts exploting neutral AH, buying from low priced hord side and selling on high priced alliance. Enjoy you're gold bro's....That is what one my sort of friends on my old server did for years, and from what he told me, he have earned plenty. So dont think economy inn wow cant be exploited by other means than transffering.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    i disagree and agree with the OP...
    transfer fee's are acceptable in my books, there should however be exclusions to it
    1. you are on a real low pop realm = free xfers to any med pop
    2. you are on a realm suffering from extreme horde/alli ratio, free xfers onto realm for lower side, and free off realm for higher side.
    If i remember right Blizz has free transfers to low populated realms and imbalanced realms ( in not sure about that ).

I do wish you could pay to transfer multiple characters at once, so it's more of a person transfer than a character transfer.

Other than that I don't mind at all.

The thing I hate is that, I have 11 char's that I play, me and some friends wanted to change server but cba because of hom much it would cost us, between me and all my friend that wanted to transfer we have something like 100 char that would need transfer, and cba to pay 2.5k to go to another server.

If atleast we could transfer BoA's I'd lvl new chars on other servers but yeah, we can't !

Really? So you don't have pay sub fees for time it takes you to level up again? That's brilliant!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh so there's no other method out there that could prevent that from happening? Do you kids not even think anymore?

Let's see there's uh cooldown timers. Give 1 free transfer a month to all characters.
    Oh jeez and why don't they just give everybody free candy and cake every day? There a business if they're still making a huge profit off of the transfers. Do you even think?

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Really? So you don't have pay sub fees for time it takes you to level up again? That's brilliant!
    And leveling now is hard? You can level from 1-90 in 5 days or less. Thats like 2euros, amazing price right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    Why is it hurting the game? You can visit any realm you like via realID, you can raid "most" raids cross realm. It would actually hurt the game more as you would see a lot more of these servers with next to no-one on, and a few servers with 24/7 queues. No, removing this fee is not a good idea.

It hurts it because people become trapped on shit servers and cant afford to move off and dotn want to lose their investment in charaters, so quit.

So much of what makes an MMO good is the server community, and its economy.
    A horde server I was on had less than 100 active people. No economy, no raiding guilds, no pugs.

Free transfers with a 7day CD would allow poor servers to transfer off, without the whole "server merges" thing, (which is BS anyway, any decent company puts player experience ahead of looking good anyway)

Agreed. At the very least, server changes off of lower populated realms should be free, and I think regardless of anything else, you should have the option to faction change for free when you server change. Having to pay for both in one move is ridiculous, given that both are madly overpriced to begin with. The transfer should be for every character too, one fee.

15+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I think server transfer fee should be slightly lower and faction change fee should be slightly higher.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Agreed. At the very least, server changes off of lower populated realms should be free, and I think regardless of anything else, you should have the option to faction change for free when you server change. Having to pay for both in one move is ridiculous, given that both are madly overpriced to begin with. The transfer should be for every character too, one fee.
    From low populated servers transfers should be locked or that server could be merged with another server ( low populated ). Free transfers to low populated servers are free, so there you go...Also changing factions should be locked when you reach max lvl for that expansion.

It's ridiculous. When a game like Rift is able to do it for free, there's no reason there should be one in WoW. I'm sure blizzard has lost players because for some reason or another they could not afford the $25 fee to transfer on top of their $15. Blizzard should really look at how many are quitting the game and of those who could have transferred and maybe found a better environment on another server. Also, given how long the game has been out many people may be reluctant now to spend money. And if you have $25 to throw around to find another guild, great.
    Of all the things I have heard wrong with WOW. This is a rare one, so kudos to you.

It's a little pricy if you ask me and it really shouldn't be $25 just to move one toon. Many great games are at $25 or less for the full game and $25 is around half of a AAA game these days. The price just doesn't fit.

It's just way to high. I get why they made it so high but It's something I would never ever pay for.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you know? How does blizzard know? If I quit tomorrow because I didn't want to pay $25 there's no way they would know. They do know if I did pay $25, but there's no way to know if I did NOT pay $25. Does that make sense? I know for a fact, because I have seen it, people quit because they don't want to pay $15 + $25 just to play the game on a different server with a group around their skill level because their current realm no longer offers that.
    I don't, but it is likely that the $25s they are getting monthly is greater than the $15s that they might lose. Companies the size of Blizzard, will have business analyst and management accountants, they can probably see the accurate $25s that are coming in monthly. While yes they might not be able to see who may quit or who might not, but if the current $25s a month is greater than the current lost of sub per month, than it is probably not worth it as the number you would have lost due to no free transfer won't be near as much as the total sub lost in a month, from those figures they can probably justify in the board meeting (yes, finance teams generally have monthly performance meeting for the board).

I don't know what system/checks/forecast model that they use, but whatever they use most likely show they will lose more money cutting the $25 transfer fee than save some sub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's be fair. This is simply not a realistic alternative for most people.

Many of us have been playing the games for years. We have a lot invested in our existing characters. Aside from any emotional attachments we have based on history and memories, we have special items, many of which are no longer available, our old tier pieces, our full banks kitted out with bags and goodies. We have investments in professions, we have heirlooms, we have supporting alts, we have all our gold.

To most people, it is not at all appealing to start on a new server and not only restart their whole gaming history with no heirlooms, no gold, no alts to make bags or glyphs or gear but also have to reinvest all that time they spent leveling and gearing their character (and any alts they may also want).

Can one save the $25 and do it? Sure. Is it an appealing option for people who can't swing the costs? Not at all. Most people would probably rather just quit the game if they couldn't afford a transfer, or else stay on their current server and play unhappily until the game stops being fun and they quit that way.

Server transfers are popular for a reason.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |