Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Warcraft 4 Mod, using Starcraft 2 engine

What do you think of this? Is on Pre-Alpha

If this mod turns to work and gets popular these guys might do some campaings using the mod and some lore between W3 FT and Wow or even re-make W3 campaings.

I think that the comunity wants something like this and it will be very popular on Beta phase.

Deleted
    If they aren't working for Blizzard, they won't be able to use any of the copyright material from Warcraft, so it will be a game that looks like Warcraft but isn't, all the units will have to have different names, as well as the factions and the heroes.

Deleted
    where are the models from ?

Quote Originally Posted by Castiell View Post
    where are the models from ?
    Those are WoW models.

Looks like my friends from Warcraft Underground actually DID carry it on to Starcraft II like they said they would before the site went down. Definitely needs a UI overhaul though.

Looks like a waste of development work to me. It's just a re-skinned warcraft 3, barely even looks better.

That thread title alone gave me a happy feeling in happy places.

Nice try and all but i would not play it.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks nice. I'll admit I have never played SC2, but I would welcome a WC4 with open arms, even if it was just a mod. I'm the type of gamer though that wouldn't at all mind a WC4 that was made still using the WC3 engine. I understand Blizz seems to be focused on SC for RTS, but man I would love for them to make their own WC4. I can't imagine it being anything but a huge financial success for them.

And yeah, I'm stupid...I should play SC2.
    "Brevity is...wit"

As much as I like what they're doing, I think they're a bit full of themselves. This is just a mod to a game, with a bit too much time put into it.

Disclaimer: This mod and the assets contained within are the property of several people including, but not limited to, the Warcraft: A New Dawn team, members of the Hive Community(www.hiveworkshop.com) and members of the Sc2Mapster community(Sc2Mapster.com).
    More importantly, this game is by no way directly affiliated with Blizzard or their Warcraft Franchise. This fan-made mod is made using World of Warcraft models and the Starcraft 2 engine, both the property of Blizzard Entertainment.

taken from the description on their youtube video.

really?! you don't own any of this stuff, any money they make of of this will, and should, go directly to blizz.
    I've no idea what to write here.

I just don't think the SC2 engine will serve warcraft very well...they are two very different RTS games

Quote Originally Posted by Argarock View Post
    As much as I like what they're doing, I think they're a bit full of themselves.

really?! you don't own any of this stuff, any money they make of of this will, and should, go directly to blizz.
    Money? Who said anything about money? Since when does anyone charge to download a mod?

Made my day!
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    I just don't think the SC2 engine will serve warcraft very well...they are two very different RTS games
    Ummm... Starcraft 2's engine is pretty damn versatile. You wouldn't believe some of the stuff people have done with it.

Not to mention this mod doesn't appear to be doing anything special engine-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sepharoth View Post
    If they aren't working for Blizzard, they won't be able to use any of the copyright material from Warcraft, so it will be a game that looks like Warcraft but isn't, all the units will have to have different names, as well as the factions and the heroes.
    If it's a mod in Starcraft they are obviously allowed to use material copyrighted by Blizzard.

Looks nice, I don't care if looks wise it isnt even that much better then Wc3 , all I care about is that it runs a Wc3 style rts as smoothly as Sc2. Which obviously should happen due to the fact it is a mod for it

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 11:14 PM ----------

@Argarock Blizzard are going to be putting up a system where very good mods can be sold and blizz take a certain amount out of it. So if they do make money in the end then they will actually see a return. Also this is currently planned for a free mod so it seems they have no intention in making money off it atm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    If it's a mod in Starcraft they are obviously allowed to use material copyrighted by Blizzard.
    Depends if they try to profit from it.

Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    If they start taking the story for themselves though and attempt to write an unofficial WC4, they could get a cease and desist order.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    If they start taking the story for themselves though and attempt to write an unofficial WC4, they could get a cease and desist order.
    Ummm... No?

Unless I missed the part where Blizzard declared war on fanfiction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    Money? Who said anything about money? Since when does anyone charge to download a mod?
    Some people are just clueless. Money is irrelevant in this.