Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    He is being corrupted by the Sha
    No where does it say he is under and sha influence. In fact Blizzard themselves said somewhere that the whole sha story line wraps up with this tier and we will not see sha manifestations in future raids. ( maybe a hyjal style clean up in dread wastes could be on the cards)?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because when they said MoP has no central villain, the wrath/cata babies whined this means the plot would be cheapened without a villain.

So Blizz came clean that Garrosh is the villain, he's just not on the box.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Archermit View Post
    No where does it say he is under and sha influence.
    True, but ...

In fact Blizzard themselves said somewhere that the whole sha story line wraps up with this tier and we will not see sha manifestations in future raids
    Not true. One of the Seven Sha has yet to be revealed.

In regards to the thread in general, the movie Titanic was the largest grossing movie of all time (not adjusted for inflation) for over a decade.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What if we all walk into the Warchief's room and find 'Warchief' Malkorok and Garrosh is mysteriously missing? DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUNNN

I guess we won't know what will happen until the patch actually comes out.

Considering this was an expansion without a 'main boss' like LK and Cata, it was a crime for Blizzard to spoil the ending. So much potential for suspense and that all ruined because we know the end result (Garrosh no longer being warchief).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    Look at Wrath and Cata's boxarts, trailers etc. Yep, that looks like two big baddies... Look at Mists' boxart and trailers... How does that hint at Garrosh being the big baddie...?
    DAMN. Chen Stormstout is antagonist of this expansion!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenosege View Post
    Isnt this like reading a book series where the author tells you how to story's going to end about two years before the last one is out?

I think it would have been better if they kept it ambiguous. maybe garrosh would still have fans if we didn't all know that hes going to die horribly and lose the Horde.
    It reminds me of a book I read in high school - a memoir about a dad whose son dies of brain cancer. There are moments in the book where the son gets "better" but from the very first sentence, you are told that he will eventually die.

It really wasn't my favorite book.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Considering this was an expansion without a 'main boss' like LK and Cata, it was a crime for Blizzard to spoil the ending. So much potential for suspense and that all ruined because we know the end result (Garrosh no longer being warchief).
    I'm of two minds about it. On the one hand, yeah, I kind of didn't want to know in advance, but on the other hand, it's the knowing that has really made me pay attention to what's going on in 5.1. As someone who mainly plays Alliance, watching the Op:Shieldwall quests unfold my mindset would've been like "Garrosh is being derp/holding the stupid stick" for some of the actions I'm witnessing, but having an idea of what the end result will be I'm more like, "ohhh, that's interesting."
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    It might have been to tide players over. Three or so patches of being an evil tyrant's thugs (with no guaranteed change on the horizon) might have put a lot of Horde players off.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    It might have been to tide players over. Three or so patches of being an evil tyrant's thugs (with no guaranteed change on the horizon) might have put a lot of Horde players off.
    I know I would have left long before 5.1 if I didn't think Garrosh was going down. He's been the worst leader in Horde history. Expending resources for no gain, incompetent commanders left right and center. If it wasn't for the Goblins and Forsaken adding new stuff, the Horde would be smaller and weaker than it was under Thrall.

Because they knew if they didn't point out Garrosh was going to be removed soon, people like me would have quit before MoP even got released. It was knowing this nightmare is almost over that helped make me stay.

I don't know about keeping Horde players from bolting, but announcing Garrosh as an endboss really brought home that Alliance vs Horde was going to be a key component of the story in MoP, which was not as obvious at all when the expansion was originally announced.

The actual reason they released the end raid and end boss to us is because people were wildly frantic about the fact MoP was not going to have a central villain. This was a subtle way of tricking those people into thinking it did, and calming the storm before it happened.

You can argue that if you want, but I'm pretty positive about it. The release of the Siege of Orgrimmar and dethroning of Garrosh came almost immediately after the release of MoP's title and a dev saying it would have no central villain.

One of the many reasons why I doubt Garrosh will actually die.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    The actual reason they released the end raid and end boss to us is because people were wildly frantic about the fact MoP was not going to have a central villain. This was a subtle way of tricking those people into thinking it did, and calming the storm before it happened.

You can argue that if you want, but I'm pretty positive about it. The release of the Siege of Orgrimmar and dethroning of Garrosh came almost immediately after the release of MoP's title and a dev saying it would have no central villain.
    Are you saying they came up with that after the original announcement? I tend to doubt it. Metzen went into his whole "Horde vs Alliance thing" at Blizzcon, and the Jade Forest storyline seems waaaaaay too thought out to have been tacked on late in the story development cycle.

If you're saying that they weren't originally going to announce Garrosh as a raid boss but did so to quell the reaction, that I could agree with.

They never said he dies. All we know is we dethrone him.

edit/update

In fact we don't know when he loses his seat as Warchief. All they've said is they know who the next Warchief is. They make their story plans expansions in advance.

All we know for a fact so far is that we'll be sieging Org to dethrone Garrosh. We may or may not (immediately) succeed. We may or may not kill him.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyrd View Post
    i think garrosh is amazing.
    hes got the old horde mentality. honor, obedience, brutality.
    thrall's willy nilly horde is not the horde. its a conglomerate of races that loaf and dont do battle. they are a peacetime organization.
    garrosh's horde is a wartime horde. he is doing nothing wrong when it comes to war. he plays to win, and thats what it takes with war.
    brutality is NOT the old mentality of the horde. the hunt. the kill. the victory. THATS the old mentality. brutalization was looked at horribly by the horde(Durotan and Orgrim at least...) when Gul'dan began the Shadow Council and taught the shaman the dark magic of the Warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Are you saying they came up with that after the original announcement? I tend to doubt it. Metzen went into his whole "Horde vs Alliance thing" at Blizzcon, and the Jade Forest storyline seems waaaaaay too thought out to have been tacked on late in the story development cycle.

If you're saying that they weren't originally going to announce Garrosh as a raid boss but did so to quell the reaction, that I could agree with.
    This is accurate. Not the previous statement. I know they already planned Garrosh as the end baddy. I don't believe they intended to release that information before MoP even launched.

Deleted
    Need we forget that Blizzard were making it ambiguous until a very sizable portion of the community kicked up a shit fit because without knowing who the "big bad" of the expansion was they wouldn't have the focus or indeed drive to make their way through the expansion. People would make up threads citing the " big bads" of previous expansion, Illidian, Arthas and Deathwing, and cite that MoP had nothing in this department and therefore lacked the necessary drama to give an expansion an "epic feel" so Blizzard pretty much had to spill the ending. Also they never said we killed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    So.. you didn't know you would have to kill the Lich King and Deathwing in previous expansions?
    Nice point.
    but this expansion we did not know what the final boss would be unlike the previous expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not like they didn't tell us the end Boss of every other expansion.