Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    So I just discovered that this game has an outfit system like TSW, where if you collect it once you keep it forever and can switch to it whenever you want. This makes me very, very happy. Highlight of the game so far.
    Between this and your reaction to the tera costume I am beginning to suspect your alkalies heel is fancy outfits
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    the last time we got crossplay from xbox the players got spanked and then MS killed future plans.. i would love to see crossplatform play but i doubt itll ever happen except for maybe mmo's like destiny.
    Yeah, I think just about all devs have figured out by now that the platforms are not created equal. So putting console gamers online with pc gamers is like pouring steak sauce on babies and then tossing them into pits full of ravenous wolves.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2013-04-04 at 03:27 AM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Between this and your reaction to the tera costume I am beginning to suspect your alkalies heel is fancy outfits
    You have no idea. I like changing the look of my character (specifically when I change roles, hence why my cleric in Rift has all 6 cosmetic sets with a different set for each spec : P) and I like acquiring gear. You look at your gear more than anything else while playing (except maybe your UI), so if I can't get some great looking gear, I'm going to be pissed.

Also, despite my complete lack of interest in fashion IRL (which is apparent by the fact that 90% of my wardrobe consists of jeans and black shirts of some sort, all of which are cheap), I love looking awesome in games. I guess it's the whole, "Be someone in a virtual world that you aren't IRL" thing.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    After playing for six ours, the game seems to be quite cool. For those who consider buying the game ill write up a short pro an con

Negative Impressions:
    The character creation could be a little more indepth. What bugs me the most is the fact there is only one body type for each race/gender combination.
    The UI is a little messy. For example, the logout button is to be found under settings.
    Sniping seems to be too trivial. There is no bullet drop at all and while solo questing you one shot almost everything. From what I have seen on youtube, this is also the case in PvP.
    The AI is not very smart.
    There are some strange animations in the game. Jumping for example looks pretty wierd.
    Not a game for graphic fetishists.

Positive Impressions:
    Story and atmosphere in the game are nicely done.
    It was very easy to get into the basic gameplay.
    The outfitting system is pretty cool.
    The EGO system allows for builds that suit your play style.
    The first and so far only Archfall I participaded in was really epic. There are also a lot of funny side quests and mini games with high scores in the world.

All in all it is not a perfect game but so far it entertains me very well. Given that the quality of quests and archfalls remains the same or increases over time, there are quite some hours of mutant shooting incoming.

I was pleasantly surprised and the quests feel a lot more engaging than traditional mmo's. Though, I think this is not a game for the hotkey person. If you don't like fps's you wont like Defiance.

Deleted
    It looks really good! I like Planetside 2, so I hope I'll like it too, because I'm going to buy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    You have no idea. I like changing the look of my character (specifically when I change roles, hence why my cleric in Rift has all 6 cosmetic sets with a different set for each spec : P) and I like acquiring gear. You look at your gear more than anything else while playing (except maybe your UI), so if I can't get some great looking gear, I'm going to be pissed.

Also, despite my complete lack of interest in fashion IRL (which is apparent by the fact that 90% of my wardrobe consists of jeans and black shirts of some sort, all of which are cheap), I love looking awesome in games. I guess it's the whole, "Be someone in a virtual world that you aren't IRL" thing.
    I'm a sucker for looking good in games. In all games, Armor sets, or clothing can influence my class decision for example. In TSW i buy outfits from their store like theres no tomorrow, keep switching them , one a day, in GW2 i tailor my set to look like a particularly cool NPC, mix and match dyes on the armors etc. Its quite addictive and fun. To me at least.

Is it possible to somehow delete the starting equipment like: Autopistol and Von Bach Industries Defense Screen? It's taking up valuable inventory space!

Also driving over a mutant with nitro boost is the best thing ever
    Last edited by Harnace; 2013-04-04 at 03:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harnace View Post
    Is it possible to somehow delete the starting equipment like: Autopistol and Von Bach Industries Defense Screen? It's taking up valuable inventory space!
    you should be able to disassemble them in the crafting tab...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    If you're not a fan of 3rd person shooters, don't get it.

If your expecting a large scale MMO, don't get it.

If you're expecting an RPG, don't get it.

There is nothing inherently broke with the game and there is no sub. According to develop diaries, the DLC won't be intrusive or excluding (ie not buying DLC won't ruin your experience).

I personally never tried PVP in the game but if I wanted to PVP I would play Planetside2.
    Erm, it IS a large scale MMO and it IS an RPG

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 05:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    the always-on voice chat in co-op and pvp really pisses me off ... I don't want to hear random strangers talking about which subway sauce is the best (just 30 minutes ago, was a 15 minute conversation in the first co-op mission...)
    You can turn it off in settings.

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 05:58 PM ----------

Problem is that this turns ALL communication off, chat (all of it) and voip ...
    You rarely have to talk to anyone else, there is also a chat box, get a xbox keyboard thingie. amright?

you should be able to disassemble them in the crafting tab...
    I believe he's referring to a certain few items you can't sell, delete, or disassemble, and here's the solution: It's equipped in your second loadout, they need to be unequipped to sell/delete/disassemble. It's a common issue that a lot of people are asking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigapants View Post
    I believe he's referring to a certain few items you can't sell, delete, or disassemble, and here's the solution: It's equipped in your second loadout, they need to be unequipped to sell/delete/disassemble. It's a common issue that a lot of people are asking about.
    Yeah thanks that did it.

Games great, just alot of issues currently with the mass of people and connection issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    Erm, it IS a large scale MMO and it IS an RPG
    It's not a RPG unless simply have a leveling system and skill tree is an RPG.

It's also not exactly massively multilayer by today's standards. The is a relatively low cap on how many players are allowed in a zone before another instance is created. It's like they took BLs model and up the number of players allowed on a map.

Definitely an Online multilayer game, but I wouldn't call it massive.

So far most of the complaints about the game are tied to aesthetics. Very fun game,

It's also not exactly massively multilayer by today's standards. The is a relatively low cap on how many players are allowed in a zone before another instance is created. It's like they took BLs model and up the number of players allowed on a map.

Definitely an Online multilayer game, but I wouldn't call it massive.

So far most of the complaints about the game are tied to aesthetics. Very fun game,
    More like it is considered an MMO by todays standards in my opinion, most of the MMO's released ever since WoW haven't been massive at all.

Honestly was debating on getting this game, but after buying MMO (or MMOish) games as they come out I end up regretting it. Still waiting on some solid reviews.

From what I've seen I don't mind the third person shooter aspect, still not sure about the quests, challenge, and the aesthetics of the game (I'm a sucker for pretty stuff).
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

15+ Year Old Account
    Only thing that annoys me is gear is cosmetic only. That's what killed it for me with gw2

15+ Year Old Account
    If the PvE and Story do not qualify it for an RPG then nothing will be an RPG by whatever standard you are using. The PvE is about as RPG as it gets.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    Only thing that annoys me is gear is cosmetic only. That's what killed it for me with gw2
    I'm at a loss as to why you thinking having stat'd gear is a good idea. It turns both PvE and PvP into a stupid mess, where the player's who've been around the longest have a huge advantage over those who haven't. Skill should come WAYYYY before Gear in my eyes, if you can outplay your opponent then you deserve to win, regardless of how long the other guy has been playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    I'm at a loss as to why you thinking having stat'd gear is a good idea. It turns both PvE and PvP into a stupid mess, where the player's who've been around the longest have a huge advantage over those who haven't. Skill should come WAYYYY before Gear in my eyes, if you can outplay your opponent then you deserve to win, regardless of how long the other guy has been playing.
    Every gear based mmo has a gear reset at the beginning of every new expansion when old gear is replaced by new gear. This is when the most guilds take in new raiders because everyone starts at zero.