Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karny View Post
    so, since its on sale on steam, is this worth spending 10euros?
    Yes. But I'd buy it on amazon. As many of the steam games are the same price on amazon and amazon currently has an additional 15% off when you use the "Gooncave" promo code
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is watching the show needed to enjoy the game?

I picked it up on Steam...which is STILL downloading lol...but I figure if it keeps me entertained for a few weeks it'll be money well spent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Is watching the show needed to enjoy the game?

I picked it up on Steam...which is STILL downloading lol...but I figure if it keeps me entertained for a few weeks it'll be money well spent.
    Not really no, the game has its own story, characters and area. While watching the show allows you to get a little bit more context on the show tie ins.

Edit: I really like the show though, its pretty good in my opinion, so i recommend watching it if you really dig the game.
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-07-12 at 12:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering getting this since it's on sale on steam.

However, this is holding me back atm, I played beta and wasn't very impressed with the interface and AI.

Has the game improved a lot since then?

What is the overall world like as well, since this is classed as an mmo, the open world is very important.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Considering getting this since it's on sale on steam.

However, this is holding me back atm, I played beta and wasn't very impressed with the interface and AI.

Has the game improved a lot since then?

What is the overall world like as well, since this is classed as an mmo, the open world is very important.
    Enemy AI is still pretty terrible, and the UI/menu systems are still a pain in the ass to navigate with a mouse/keyboard. The game has improved, but not by the leaps and bounds needed to be a "good" game.

The world is tiny as hell and unless you enjoy achievement hunting you'll run out of content pretty quickly.

Honestly it's not even worth the Steam price. Maybe if it drops into the under $5 bin but even then that's pushing it.

Deleted

Looking For Noob - Defiance

So I just bought Defiance...and was wondering if there was anyone out there who felt like starting a new character with me. Another new player would be great as it would add to the discovering expirience.

I'm also looking for someone who speaks Dutch &/or English and has Ventrilo/Teamspeak.

Things you need to know about me:
    - I'm a noob when it comes to new games, and with that I can get very excited over litle things. :B
    - I like wondering off during quests, so don't expect speedy questing. For me exploring and joking around is more important then getting max level (if there is one).
    - I got a ventrilo server I can use to joke around on.

Feel free to post here if interested or send a PM. ;D

I'm not sure if this was the right subforum but I don't make threads a lot so feel free to move if it's not in the right place.

Just picked it up on Steam for 13$ been wanting to get it for PC since I did like it on Xbox360 but hated the Region lock and all the problems that came with it being on console.

Quick question how is the free part of the DLC?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Just picked it up on Steam for 13$ been wanting to get it for PC since I did like it on Xbox360 but hated the Region lock and all the problems that came with it being on console.

Quick question how is the free part of the DLC?
    Theres hasn't been a paid DLC yet, only small increments , following or tying with the show. The first DLC is expected to arrive at the end of this month. A couple of pages back and you can find the info you need about what you get for free, and what you need to pay for when the DLC launches.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Theres hasn't been a paid DLC yet, only small increments , following or tying with the show. The first DLC is expected to arrive at the end of this month. A couple of pages back and you can find the info you need about what you get for free, and what you need to pay for when the DLC launches.
    Cool I know they wanted to keep the community together and not split it up with the DLC so I am kinda interested on how well they handle that.

Even tho I had problems on the 360 version I do got respect for trion because of Rift and Defiance being B2p and figured 13$ its worth it.

Edit: is it just me or is the graphic settings for defiance really shitty. There is Custom/Low/Medium/High but yet in custom you can't change anything or at lease I have not notice a way to do it.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-07-13 at 08:13 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Defiance for only 9.99?

I'll take it.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Defiance for only 9.99?

I'll take it.
    Kinda a dick move on Trions part though. Put it on sale during the Summer sale for $13, then immediately drop the price down to $10 afterwards : /

If you enjoy shooters and aren't put off by shitty writing/voicework or a lack of content, it's definitely worth it for $10.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Kinda a dick move on Trions part though. Put it on sale during the Summer sale for $13, then immediately drop the price down to $10 afterwards : /

If you enjoy shooters and aren't put off by shitty writing/voicework or a lack of content, it's definitely worth it for $10.
    I figure between firefall, defiance, and warframe I should have enough content to stay on top of (for shooter mmos that is). I already burned through FFs new content They really need to make content tuned for their T4 players >_>
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-07-25 at 01:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    I figure between firefall, defiance, and warframe I should have enough content to stay on top of (for shooter mmos that is). I already burned through FFs new content They really need to make content tuned for their T4 players >_>
    I think they need to do more content period. =D

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    I think they need to do more content period. =D
    Which could be said about every mmo :P

Avarage game, played it enough to get "my moneys worth", Love shadow wars, could be more to do over all and shallow story.

The show on the other hand is great IMO, Its really well done.

Completely opposite of what i was expecting. I figured I would love the game and be ok with the show but I was wrong It flip-flopped on me

I bought it today for $9.99.
    Even if I play it a few hours feel like I got my money's worth.

Finally some news on the DLC, it's coming August 20th!

"In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it $9.99 in America, but £14.99 in the UK????

Edit: Nvm, it's £7 on steam, was looking at the Defiance website.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2013-08-15 at 12:55 PM.

Finally! I really love this game, but it really feels like it doesn't get the same love from the developers that the fan base gives.