Page 1 of 35
... LastLast

[Megathread] Defiance

Defiance is an MMO shooter developed by Trion Worlds, the same guys who brought us RIFT. A TV show of the same name accompanies the game and the events of the show will affect the game, and vice versa.

The game is a third person shooter within an open world. A lot more information can be found at the link below, and even more can be found by simply browsing the website.

http://defiance.com/en/game/overview...CAS_REDIR=true.

CURRENTLY $9.99 ON STEAM
    Last edited by Maester; 2013-07-30 at 07:12 AM.

There was a beta key give away on Raptr but I wasn't able to get one : /

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrllish View Post
    There was a beta key give away on Raptr but I wasn't able to get one : /
    I got one from Curse: http://www.curse.com/betas/defiance-na

I don't know if they're still available (it just shows mine when I go to the site) but if not they'll probably be giving them away again in the future.

Oh, haha. That was easy. Thanks

I hope Trion isn't dependent on Syfy to any major degree. Otherwise they would be screwed when Syfy inevitably pulls out.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I hope Trion isn't dependent on Syfy to any major degree. Otherwise they would be screwed when Syfy inevitably pulls out.
    Why do you say inevitably? I agree with you though, I don't have high hopes for the show, but I think if the game becomes popular enough the show will get its viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerdus View Post
    Why do you say inevitably?
    Because Syfy is run by colosal morons who can, will and actually have canceled successful shows with little reason.

If the show is terrible it will get canned. If the show is good it still runs the risk of being canned. I have little faith in the longevity of a game whose survival depends on the success of a TV show, much less a TV show on Syfy. But if Trion can fund the game on their own there is less to worry about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post

Nah I watched the stream last week where they spoke and answered that question. Neither are actually dependent on each other some gamers don't watch TV or vice versa it would be rather dumb to have the game or show dependent on each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Nah I watched the stream last week where they spoke and answered that question. Neither are actually dependent on each other some gamers don't watch TV or vice versa it would be rather dumb to have the game or show dependent on each other.
    What I think unholytestament meant was that the game is dependent on the show being aired. In other words no show = no game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerdus View Post
    What I think unholytestament meant was that the game is dependent on the show being aired. In other words no show = no game.
    I don't work for either company I doubt they would pull the plug on the game even if they did on the show. Who knows /shrug.

Seems similar to Tabula Rasa

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's a 100 use beta key for defiance btw. Try to put it in before 6:00pm PST (Today, Friday) so you get in this weekend.

You'll need to make an account at defiance.trionworlds.com to apply the code.

Codes Redeemed, below
    WKFN-9JTZ-R6TK-ENEC-G7GJ
    6H2R-JYJZ-LMRX-E3YR-3Z79
    WJH7-WQP7-PWRN-NGKR-CWPT
    X7NL-JGGN-6HEN-6TRP-WTQX

None left.
    Last edited by Azuri; 2013-01-19 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Added a new code

I'm curious to see how this all pans out. Syfy's track record is rather mixed for original series, especially ones they make themselves. Trion is a promising company, but they're trying to enter a market that may be even more glut than Rift's competition in the MMORPG scene. Between Planetside 2, Firefall, and Defiance, I'm not sure how much community the MMOFPS genre can support, it's always been rather niche.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like it could be a lot of fun from what little I've seen of it. I'm kind of confused on whether its going to be an MMO or just a co-op mulitplayer with PvP maps (not making assumptions either way...I just don't know...Trion makes it sound that way from interviews I've seen).

Hmmm...I used Curse to get a beta key and about five minutes after applying it I was notified that my Trion account had successfully had its password changed. Nice. Oh well, I'll wait till April(?) and play the released game.

Looks promising, +1 because it's Trion.

---------- Post added 2013-01-19 at 12:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post

New 100 use code.

X7NL-JGGN-6HEN-6TRP-WTQX
    All used up. /sadface

Thanks anyway.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

From what I could see from Trion live stream.

- There looks to be auto-aim. That is pretty stupid and I hope there is an option to turn it off.
    - Arks are exactly the same thing as Rifts in Rift. Kind of sad they couldn't come up with anything new.

10+ Year Old Account
    I signed up for the beta but hit the PS3 version by mistake. I have a PS3 but I rather beta test it on the PC.

---------- Post added 2013-01-19 at 11:30 AM ----------

Oh wow, just glanced at the beta forums....

Some people need to look up what the word beta means.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Oh wow, just glanced at the beta forums....

Some people need to look up what the word beta means.
    This must be your first beta. People just see beta as "OH HEY FREE GAME!" and then throw a cow because they're supposed to be testing it instead of just playing it.

---------- Post added 2013-01-19 at 08:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Looks promising, +1 because it's Trion.

---------- Post added 2013-01-19 at 12:27 PM ----------

All used up. /sadface

Thanks anyway.
    US: http://www.curse.com/betas/defiance-na
    EU: http://www.curse.com/betas/defiance-eu

Did you try the curse give away? I just got mine not even an hour ago.
    Last edited by xxf2dxx; 2013-01-19 at 04:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post
    This must be your first beta. People just see beta as "OH HEY FREE GAME!" and then throw a cow because they're supposed to be testing it instead of just playing it.

---------- Post added 2013-01-19 at 08:39 AM ----------

I got an EU key right now (yaaay). Altough It seems I have a trion account on my email already, but I don't know what the password is and I've tried everything. (too late for this event though) "sadface"
    Last edited by mmocfde342b214; 2013-01-19 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post

Got one, thanks for the link.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance