Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I'd hold of pre-ordering the game unless you've already tried & liked it.
    At risk of breaching NDA, yes , i have.

Deleted

Cool Trion Worlds FPS Defiance Live Action Trailer! And Discussion!

Trion Worlds Defiance Live Action Trailer!

Defiance is Trion Worlds, first attempt at an FPS game, It is to co-exist with a Television series also called Defiance on 'SyFy'.
    The game is released in April as is the television series.
    I was lucky enough to be given access to test this game, And it is VERY FUN!

Deleted
    never heard of it.. but it does look interesting. maybe ill have another mmo to look out for (wildstar being the other).

About another day until the next weekend beta deal runs.

I can't seem to be able to launch the game. The launcher works fine, it updates fine, but when I click play it just does do anything. Any idea ?

Not sure if the NDA is in effect or not, but if it is please respect it : )

It is still in effect.

Deleted
    Having very high hopes for this game. It has everything I've been looking for really!

Just started reading up on this game and I'm very interested. I know it's under NDA but is there any way to discuss whether it'll be an actual MMO or just a shooter with battlegrounds? Will it have quests, gear grinds, instanced group content and raids and those types of things?

Does this run on the same engine as Rift and if so does it run as poorly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodaway View Post
    Just started reading up on this game and I'm very interested. I know it's under NDA but is there any way to discuss whether it'll be an actual MMO or just a shooter with battlegrounds? Will it have quests, gear grinds, instanced group content and raids and those types of things?

Does this run on the same engine as Rift and if so does it run as poorly?
    Runs smooth.

Without spoiling, think part Rift + Borderlands + 3rd person shooter staples + (GW2+TSW+SWTOR) type storytelling/main quest.

Deleted
    Really hate the NDA, but I agree to Pacox.
    The only thing that bothers me about the game atm is that it will be far from ready for a big launch when april 29th comes. Even if a lot of the game works as intended, there is still so much to do and so little time. I am afraid that they will release a half finished product, much like Bioware (EA) did with SWTOR. That will scare of people that is used to flawless gameplay with all features from day one, that we pretty much expect from MMOs today.

I do hope that I am wrong, because I really like the game and it will most likely fill my time until Wildstar comes.

A good video for people who may not know much about this game:

Beginners Guide to Defiance

Last edited by Slickwhits; 2013-03-08 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Not sure if the NDA is in effect or not, but if it is please respect it : )
    It's in effect.

All I will say is that I was thinking about pre-ordering it and then one weekend I decided not to >_>
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

That looks a little bit too much like Tabula Rasa for my taste. Will sit this one out, or at least until I get into it or there's some actual reviews going.

Personally can't wait to check this out.

Been wanting to play a MMO on a console for years and the only one I did play was DCU on the ps3 I had.

I do like that this is f2p but kinda sucks that you need to have gold memship if you play on xbox360.

Just got done watching the IGN 1hr long video. mite even check out the tv show.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Personally can't wait to check this out.

Been wanting to play a MMO on a console for years and the only one I did play was DCU on the ps3 I had.

I do like that this is f2p but kinda sucks that you need to have gold memship if you play on xbox360.

Just got done watching the IGN 1hr long video. mite even check out the tv show.
    you also need a season pass for the dlc.. otherwise its going to be waaaay more.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    you also need a season pass for the dlc.. otherwise its going to be waaaay more.
    Well If i get into it ill just buy the content as it comes out "depending price" last time I got a season pass I felt screwed aka Gears of war 3 season pass.

Only thing so far I Don't like is that those playing on ps3/xbox/pc only play with the people that is on the same system as them.

With it bearing near the end of the xbox 360's life not sure how well the pop will hold up so when the next xbox comes out I hope you can just transfer over to the xbox 720 and still play with those playing on the 360.

Personally tho I haven't heard anything about DLC I did hear the guy talk about content updates you will have to pay for and those who don't can still group and all with the people who do.

Seems they really do want to keep the whole social part of the game alive and active at all times.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure the PC version is b2p with a cash shop. I don't know squat about consoles or their payment methods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    It's in effect.

All I will say is that I was thinking about pre-ordering it and then one weekend I decided not to >_>
    ^ pretty much this
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    I'm pretty sure the PC version is b2p with a cash shop. I don't know squat about consoles or their payment methods.
    From what the guy said in the IGN 1hr beta play video is that on all systems it is b2p but if you plan to play on xbox360 you must be a gold member..