Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

That's a lot of change/fixes, I like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If all these issues are fixed. I might pick this up for my PS3. Does anyone here have issues on their ps3 console?

I just bought the game yesterday. Downloading it was a challenge, it was resetting every time I tried closing the patcher, and the client is not the smallest out there - 15 gbs, afaik. I finally got in, though, and well, the character creation sucks. Only 2 races with extremely limited customization options. The graphics are good, and so was my initial impression, though. Going to play it more today, I hope I like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is the player population on Xbox? Don't really want to pay $60 if there aren't many people playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Weezing View Post
    If all these issues are fixed. I might pick this up for my PS3. Does anyone here have issues on their ps3 console?
    I have this for my PS3 and it is an insane amount of fun

The only issue I have with it on ps3 is considering its an MMO it would be nice to have more control over camera zoom and trying to type to people is a pain in the arse, although saying that there is a quick emote system for hello, follow me, stay, go etc using the D-Pad

The other issue is, I think, specific only to me as i've googled it and found noone else complaining - my left analog stick is VERY slightly pushed forward when im not touching it which means I am always moving forward at a walking pace even if I let go of the stick. As I say this is specific to me but the stick is a tiny amount out and no other game has this issue so this game must just be really sensitive.

I would highly recommend getting it

My Awesome Sig Made By Shyama - Thank You!

Well, currently I have 72 hours played on the PC version with nearly no problems. I have been disconnected a total of 3 times, and was always able to reconnect easily.

From what i have read the Xbox version is in the worst shape, with downtimes that have been double or triple that of the PC. But the playstation 3 version seems to be almost as stable as the computer version. If you have a PC rig that is even marginally a gaming rig I would suggest buying it on PC. As has been discussed on this thread the PC will see faster bug fixes due to the nature of pushing patches for the Xbox and PS3.
    Last edited by Elgand; 2013-04-11 at 06:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the people that had issues with disconnects and other nasties, Trion shows why it's amongst the best out there

Here's some goodies for you when you log in

Exclusive Launch-Only In-Game Title: Daredevil

• 1-Week Weapons Skill Boost

• 1-Week Scrip Boost

• 1-Week Loot Boost

• 1-Week XP Boost

I think our relationship could use some Boosts

Posted on: 04.11.2013

Like in all relationships, it’s give and receive. We’ve asked a lot of you lately, going through some difficult times during our launch. While you’ve been very understanding and patient with us, we still feel we can do more. More than addressing the issues with servers, improving the client, deploying patches and preparing a long road of massive free (and paid) DLCs, more than evolving the future of Defiance with you.

You might have had disconnects, unable to log in early on, long time to patch, wrong keys, pre-order items missing or simply had to read through my blogs while waiting for the servers to come up after code deployments.

It’s been rough, we know. So your account now has a gift from us, to you. To make good, to show you that we really appreciate what you’ve gone through with us.
    Source: http://community.defiance.com/en/201...e-some-boosts/

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    I just bought the game yesterday. Downloading it was a challenge, it was resetting every time I tried closing the patcher, and the client is not the smallest out there - 15 gbs, afaik. I finally got in, though, and well, the character creation sucks. Only 2 races with extremely limited customization options. The graphics are good, and so was my initial impression, though. Going to play it more today, I hope I like it.
    You do realize that during character creation, at the very top left of the screen there are tabs that allow you MUCH more options in terms of character creation? A lot of people miss the tabs.

Quote Originally Posted by fled View Post
    You do realize that during character creation, at the very top left of the screen there are tabs that allow you MUCH more options in terms of character creation? A lot of people miss the tabs.
    Yeah, that's poor design on the part of Trion. I didn't notice that for the first three beta events I played, and only finally noticed on the final beta event.

Even with that though, the character creator is extremely limited compared to what modern MMO's are capable of and provide.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wish I could get my two pre-order bonuses. I was sent two codes from greenmangaming and applied both to my account. But unfortunately you only get the bonuses once. Was hoping for a second lock box and boost. At least the week long ones will be nice and more then makes up for the one problem, a 4-5 hour roll back, I've experienced since launch.

Maybe I can bug trion support and beg them to give me two pre-order stuff since I did two codes lol.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean wtf Trion? Singleplayer games have had worst launches than Defiance and you're giving us free stuff? You're going to make people that you guys actually care about making games that people like to play. A Jesus patch that isn't 3 months too late? You're trippin Trion. Don't act like you guys don't read the forum.

Seriously though, one of the coolest companies in the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I mean wtf Trion? Singleplayer games have had worst launches than Defiance and you're giving us free stuff? You're going to make people that you guys actually care about making games that people like to play. A Jesus patch that isn't 3 months too late? You're trippin Trion. Don't act like you guys don't read the forum.

It's been a pretty nasty launch on Xbox from everything I've heard.

I will say that first round of patch notes looks good though. A ton of fixes in it which is always a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Yeah, that's why I bought it without knowing much about it cause I thought "hey, it's Trion". :P

...just waiting for the Dendrome though in Rift...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipper View Post
    I have this for my PS3 and it is an insane amount of fun

The only issue I have with it on ps3 is considering its an MMO it would be nice to have more control over camera zoom and trying to type to people is a pain in the arse, although saying that there is a quick emote system for hello, follow me, stay, go etc using the D-Pad

The other issue is, I think, specific only to me as i've googled it and found noone else complaining - my left analog stick is VERY slightly pushed forward when im not touching it which means I am always moving forward at a walking pace even if I let go of the stick. As I say this is specific to me but the stick is a tiny amount out and no other game has this issue so this game must just be really sensitive.

I would highly recommend getting it
    Thanks for replying. How is the population?

Also, my PC can more than handle this game but I'm not sure if the game is even PC worthy if that makes sense.

Thanks for replying. How is the population?

Also, my PC can more than handle this game but I'm not sure if the game is even PC worthy if that makes sense.
    If you're comfortable playing a shooter on console, I recommend playing it there unless you have a PC gamepad as well. The UI and menu system are absolutely created with controllers in mind, not keyboards/mice.

I'm honestly not sure about PC population. I know that it peaked around 6,200 on Steam today and is currently (non-peak hours) at around 3,800, and that's just on the Steam client (it runs independently of it as well). Doesn't seem like it in game though when I play. It's not quite empty in the open worlds, but the only times I really come across people are during arkfalls or at one of the waypoints. Queues for instances have been fast though.

I'm personally not that impressed, purchased it and regret it.

The community is terrible to boot and that's saying something so early in the game's lifespan.

Truth be told, this was just too ambitious and Trion was never that top-notch of a developer to begin with to try and pull something off like Defiance. The TV tie-in is only going to hurt it's ability to progress and evolve ultimately. Cool ideas, neat concepts, questionable execution and most definitely a murky future.

I recommend distancing yourselves for sometime if you're not big on wasting a wad of sixty. :\

Quote Originally Posted by Kitterfly View Post
    I'm personally not that impressed, purchased it and regret it.

The community is terrible to boot and that's saying something so early in the game's lifespan.

Truth be told, this was just too ambitious and Trion was never that top-notch of a developer to begin with to try and pull something off like Defiance. The TV tie-in is only going to hurt it's ability to progress and evolve ultimately. Cool ideas, neat concepts, questionable execution and most definitely a murky future.

I recommend distancing yourselves for sometime if you're not big on wasting a wad of sixty. :\
    I agree that I'm not too impressed, but where have you seen the community? >.>

There's no chat in-game at all, and I've barely been to the forums yet.

As far as ambition, I don't think there's too much here. Rift is absolutely top-notch though and compete with the likes of WoW in quality, which is why I've been so disappointed with the quality of Defiance in comparison (I knew that going in though).

As for the TV show, I've heard it actually makes the game better. As in you actually figure out what the fuck is going on, as the game doesn't tell you much about what's going on and who the characters are (unless you have to listen to the datacoms, in which case "meh").

Ambition in the whole scheme of things, with the tie-in and all that. It would've done a lot better, in my opinion, if it was purely stand-a-lone with no tied in content outside of the game itself.

Personally, I still think TSW is a far superior MMO and that's saying something as I LOVE action combat. TSW is actually pretty static in that regard so I was hoping Defiance would fill in for that position. :\

I'm in general becoming disappointed in the direction MMOs are going, no one can seem to combine action orientated combat with good lore and solid core mechanics. It's one of the reasons I am so burnt out on GW2. Great combat, good lore, but flopped massively on core mechanics. I don't like feeling that I am a 'jack of all trades' but apparently Arenanet thinks specialization and the "trinity" are inherently evil.

They screw up as much as they improve, basically.
    Last edited by Kitterfly; 2013-04-12 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    It's been a pretty nasty launch on Xbox from everything I've heard.

I will say that first round of patch notes looks good though. A ton of fixes in it which is always a good thing.
    A buddy of mine plays on the Eu-Xbox side and has had a few bugs and stat resets "like kill counts and all" some server lag and one co-op mission not working for him.

As for me on the Us-Xbox side I have had everything from server lag to co-op missions not working. Out of like 5 I can do 2 only work.

Arkfall fights have bugged out did the scrapper one last night and the final fight we beat it with 2mins left because on the guns coming out of the ground the final weak spot was in a spot to where if you didn't angle the gun right you would never hit it.

still get massive server lag everynow and then.

Even my friend has said from all the bugs I have had to deal with he has it easy'er then me lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD