Fury Expertise Question

My warrior is Human and has a sword in his MH and an axe in his OH. Since the sword is giving me 1% more expertise, should I have my MH at 8.5% so that my OH can be at 7.5% or is the offhand expertise not that important?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it's important to cap. You'll be at 8.5% MH and 7.5% OH like you stated.

I haven't done the math so I don't know, but in the previous thread on the same subject, everybody was stating that it's important to cap your MH but capping your OH is a dps loss.
    So 7.5%/6.5% is you have the bonus for you MH. 7.5%/8.5% if you have the bonus for your OH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnrockks View Post
    Yes, it's important to cap. You'll be at 8.5% MH and 7.5% OH like you stated.
    Wrong. 7.5% in MH and 6.5% in OH is better.

Special attacks that hit with both weapons are not subject to dodge on the offhand, so all you would be losing by sticking with 6.5% expertise on the offhand is the white damage and rage gain from offhand dodges. Probably not enough of a loss to justify wasting 300+ expertise.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    i dont know if it is a dps loss or not to leave your OH at 6.5% but something to keep in mind is that you will start getting dodged (1% of the time) while using wild strike as it is an offhand ability and its ability to hit is subject to your offhand expertise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enjay View Post
    i dont know if it is a dps loss or not to leave your OH at 6.5% but something to keep in mind is that you will start getting dodged (1% of the time) while using wild strike as it is an offhand ability and its ability to hit is subject to your offhand expertise.
    1% parries of an ability that is, what, less than 10% of damage done is fairly negligible.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    1% parries of an ability that is, what, less than 10% of damage done is fairly negligible.
    its dodges up to 7.5% and parries up to 15%. we should never get parried as we should always be standing behind the boss. boss mobs can dodge attacks from behind however. i agree that the 1% doesnt matter though.
    Last edited by enjay; 2013-01-21 at 06:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong. 7.5% in MH and 6.5% in OH is better.
    This is what I've read in another thread (from multiple persons) and I would reforge this way, too.
    We are as God intended. Fallible, yet capable of great things.

10+ Year Old Account
    its dodges up to 7.5% and parries up to 15%. we should never get parried as we should always be standing behind the boss. boss mobs can dodge attacks from behind however. i agree that the 1% doesnt matter though.
    If you have 7.5% expertise, you've got a 7.5% chance to get parried IF YOU'RE IN FRONT of the boss. If you're behind it, you won't. If you're 7.5/6.5 you've only got a 1% chance for WS to be parried.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you have 7.5% expertise, you've got a 7.5% chance to get parried IF YOU'RE IN FRONT of the boss. If you're behind it, you won't. If you're 7.5/6.5 you've only got a 1% chance for WS to be parried.
    mobs cant parry attacks from behind. we have expertise for the sole purpose of eliminating dodges, which is taken care of with 7.5% expertise. take off some expertise gear and attack a raider's training dummy from behind for a while. you'll get dodged, but not parried.

10+ Year Old Account
    mobs cant parry attacks from behind. we have expertise for the sole purpose of eliminating dodges, which is taken care of with 7.5% expertise. take off some expertise gear and attack a raider's training dummy from behind for a while. you'll get dodged, but not parried.
    typo'ed dodge.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    typo'ed dodge.
    Figured that. I know you know your shit

10+ Year Old Account
    Figured that. I know you know your shit
    And that is why I should take a nap after classes instead ofchecking forums first thing lul.