Poll: Would you purchase a tome of panda land flying for 10k gold for each of your alts?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Since players are stupid, there would be players thinking they are being unfairly treated because they either are incompetent in earning gold or have too many alts.

But no, Pandaria should be experienced without flying.

Jaylock thread, so I won't expect anything, but even a braindead zombie would be able to know that allowing "rich" players to allow their alts to fly in pandaria from 85 would be a mistake.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2013-01-18 at 11:38 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mang View Post
    10,000 gold for the ability to use a flying mount which I already paid for?

Yeah, no.
    Actually its a licence to fly in a certain location. And you paid for those licenses at each milestone: 60 to fly in kalimdor, eastern kingdoms and cataclysm zones, 70 to fly in northrend zones and buy 280 flight speed, and 80 if you wanted 310 flight speed.

It would just be another OPTIONAL license to fly just like all the other optional licenses and speed boosts.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 11:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Since players are stupid, there would be players thinking they are being unfairly treated because they either are incompetent in earning gold or have too many alts.

But no, Pandaria should be experienced without flying.
    The idea would be only after you have leveled one character to 90 by ground mount. It only unlocks the option of buying the tome once one character is level 90.

Haven't we already experienced what panda land has to offer the first time we quested through it? If i want to buy a tome for 10k gold that enables one of my characters to quest 300% (in terms of travel speed getting from point A to B) faster, why shouldn't I have that option?
    Last edited by Jaylock; 2013-01-18 at 11:39 PM.

Didn't you quit the game or something? I could've sworn that every post that has your name attached to it is in some way about how you've either left this God forsaken game because of the quality it has become, or how the game would be, in some magical fashion, better if it had been run by you because every idea that anyone with a brain came up with is simply inferior to yours. Not trying to be rude; just trying to understand.

OT: The game is fine as it is. If you really want to spend 10,000g to level your character with the benefit of flying, go pay that money to your [Sandstone Drake] friend. Well, that or simply get out there and level instead of complaining how leveling takes forever with a ground mount. The more you just get through the inconvenience, the less you and everyone else has to spend dealing with it... and talking about it.

No, 2500 would be the cap for me.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I play alts from time to time, and i play very casually now (because of work and social obligations), and i have hundreds of thousands of gold. Its not hard to acquire, in fact, by the time you hit 90, you can usually have 10k+ just by questing and selling your old green gear to vendors along the way, including posting random mats you find along the way on the AH.

Gold is not hard to obtain, stop making it out like its hard to come by. Budget your gold use better.
    It's not hard to obtain. It takes mounds of time to obtain. Yes, if you buy literally nothing (no BoAs, no enchants, no gems, potions, flight training, mount speed, cold flying, pandaria flying etc -- I never buy much of anything else from the AH, including gear) leveling from 1-90, you MIGHT have 10k gold. Think about that and tell me how it doesn't prove my point exactly.

If you have "hundreds of thousands" of gold, you are nowhere near casual -- you're a true outlier. If you play like many players do (Quest to 15, level BGs/Dungeons from there with questing in between), you'll find yourself completely broke a large percentage of the time once you hit 90.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.

Hey, look, another Jaylock thread. Barely breezing through it, this doesn't seem like a QQ I hate everything" thread, but who knows? I'll look through it later. But in actual answer to the question at hand, I am actually enjoying running through Pandaria on my chopper and I really didn't think I would. I was hesitant but picked up the expansion and will go month to month for a while. So, I would rather not just be able to fly around everywhere right now. Just hit 87 and have more exploring to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by danielu100 View Post
    gharld fu cked name,all my friends are playing on this patch and its going fine,u fu cking ugly kid go comment ur mother face not here, morron shit.
    50% nerdrage, 50% wut? o.O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Televators View Post
    It's not hard to obtain. It takes mounds of time to obtain. Yes, if you buy literally nothing (no BoAs, no enchants, no gems, potions, flight training, mount speed, cold flying, pandaria flying etc -- I never buy much of anything else from the AH, including gear) leveling from 1-90, you MIGHT have 10k gold.
    This is complete BS. Leveling your professions by just leveling up, mining / herbing / skinning / etc, and selling junk / greens, etc all the way from 1-90 yields way more than 10k. Not to mention selling your stuff along the way at the Auction House, you would definitely have that much. Its not hard, and I have done it on a few characters already.

If you have "hundreds of thousands" of gold, you are nowhere near casual -- you're a true outlier. If you play like many players do (Quest to 15, level BGs/Dungeons from there with questing in between), you'll find yourself completely broke a large percentage of the time once you hit 90.
    Sounds like you need to get out and experience the world of warcraft instead of being all cooped up in your city all day.

I primarily quest with a dungeon / bg every now and then because it is faster and more efficient. You should try it sometime

---------- Post added 2013-01-19 at 12:02 AM ----------

27% Yes

73% No

And thats perfectly fine and acceptable. Some people would like the option of buying the 10k tome, while others would not spend the gold. Both are perfectly acceptable and shows that people would actually do it.

Yes. I'd actually prefer the price to be higher, but I'd do it in a heartbeat for my resto druid that I only use for herbalism.

Actually its a licence to fly in a certain location. And you paid for those licenses at each milestone: 60 to fly in kalimdor, eastern kingdoms and cataclysm zones, 70 to fly in northrend zones and buy 280 flight speed, and 80 if you wanted 310 flight speed.

It would just be another OPTIONAL license to fly just like all the other optional licenses and speed boosts
    It doesn't make any sense in that context, either. The Alliance and Horde don't have the authority to regulate flight in Northrend (Scourge territory) or Pandaria (anarchy) yet they do so anyway.

Now, in Northrend this was glossed over by the logic that you learn "de-icing." But that should have only applied to two mounts -- the engineering gyrocopters. But in Pandaria they just made up some crap about the prevailing winds, because I can fly through the twisting nether all the way from Hellfire to Netherstorm... and indeed, still fly IN Netherstorm, where it's taking Goblin engineers decades to build a nether-capable rocket... but apparently the four winds of Pandaria are too perplexing for such a "novice" aviator?
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Televators View Post
    Hell no. Idiots playing the AH all day have already driven the prices of everything up so high, I can barely afford to play ANY toon, much less pay a retarded amount just to bypass some content. Who are these people running around with tens of thousands of gold all the time? These people might not have anything to do but play WoW literally all day and night, but those of us who'd like to see the sun occasionally have to pay ridiculous sums on gold sinks because a few thousand people have hit the gold cap.
    So do you rly think that you need more than +1hr per day in a week to make +10k? Cute

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodrose View Post
    Hey, look, another Jaylock thread. Barely breezing through it, this doesn't seem like a QQ I hate everything" thread, but who knows? I'll look through it later.
    What does this has to do with the argument itself? Nothing.

But in actual answer to the question at hand, I am actually enjoying running through Pandaria on my chopper and I really didn't think I would. I was hesitant but picked up the expansion and will go month to month for a while. So, I would rather not just be able to fly around everywhere right now. Just hit 87 and have more exploring to do.
    It would be choice.
    I think most people think that Op suggests that the flying would be raised to 10k. Thats not what OP means.
    Choice for luxury of flying at 85 is the suggested thing here.

1) Be 85 and pay 10k for flying at 85 in pandaria
    2) Just level to 90 and pay 2k-2.5k

Why is that choice amazingly unfair, specially when MoP was released almost 5 months ago soon. Wrath had this book too back in the day - had to have 1 char at 80 tho.
    I dont see how is this any different (well maybe being able to buy it before having 1 at 90). More people at 90, more people for LFD/LFR/Scenarios/PvP, more people.
    If you want to "rush it" then so be it. Tho rushing can be done with ground mounts too, thats where luxury of flying thro mountains comes in play. People avoid mobs anyway.

Deleted
    I'd pay, 10k is a pocket change for me. I'm halfway to goldcap now, after spending just as much on all Pandaria gold sinks (400k mounts, 160k gear). That makes it a mil, earned over course of 4 months.
    And I'm in a no way hardcore player. I'm 4/16 HC raider, that also farms here and there a bit, adding little AH game to it. Overall no more than 25-30 hours a week.
    Knowledge is power (or wealth in this case). I cba with anything less than 5000 gold per hour now, knowing proper ways of making lots of it.

Blizzard keeps saying that players with >50k gold are extremely tiny fraction, well that ain't true now. Gold devalued, someone having 5,000 gold in Vanilla WoW could propably afford more stuff than I can with a million now. 2-3 crafted BOEs, couple of high-cost mounts (not even the TCGs, just retardly expensive MoP stuff), one or two bids on better BMAH items, and poof 1M gold gone. Illicit Chinese companies have more demand now than they ever did. Nice job Blizzard.
    Last edited by mmocd8b7f80d95; 2013-01-19 at 12:16 AM.

I wouldn't pay any additional amount to fly, its really not hard to quest in panda land on a ground mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    The idea would be only after you have leveled one character to 90 by ground mount. It only unlocks the option of buying the tome once one character is level 90.

Haven't we already experienced what panda land has to offer the first time we quested through it? If i want to buy a tome for 10k gold that enables one of my characters to quest 300% (in terms of travel speed getting from point A to B) faster, why shouldn't I have that option?
    And how would a "new" player feel if he got to Pandaria and people at his level range were allowed to fly because they had the means of paying for it.

These sort of suggestions seem to completely ignore long-term conflict.
    "hurr, well if we pai its fain rite?"

In case it's relevant I make about 10k gold a day just by posting auctions. It's still a terrible idea.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Where's the "Not at that price" option? A bit skewed poll, if you ask me. "No" could mean a few different things:

1. Don't want it at all
    2. Wouldn't buy it for THAT much gold.
    3. Value of such a thing might be more than what you're asking for it.

I would approve, but remember how much the tome was in Wrath? I'm sure it wasn't THAT much of a gold sink. Maybe more along the lines of 4k or 5k. Just my opinion.
    I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space, with the tuning fork, does a raw blink on Hari-Kari rock! I need scissors! 61!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    10k is too much, for a poor casual Still a quality of life issue probably.

But I miss flying greatly while leveling in Pandaria, not in Jade Forest but in other zones and it gets only worse when you get to Dread Wastes, so many mobs everywhere that I'd rather skip that zone completely. Maybe allow flying in Pandaria at lower level, like 87 or 88?
    Hence people who put more input into the game get more luxery/items faster. I got nothing against casuals, but I hate the attidude where they feel they have the right on the same stuff without putting in any effort at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is complete BS. Leveling your professions by just leveling up, mining / herbing / skinning / etc, and selling junk / greens, etc all the way from 1-90 yields way more than 10k. Not to mention selling your stuff along the way at the Auction House, you would definitely have that much. Its not hard, and I have done it on a few characters already.

I primarily quest with a dungeon / bg every now and then because it is faster and more efficient. You should try it sometime [COLOR="red"]
    It's certainly not BS and the fact is that a huge majority of players don't have anywhere near that kind of gold at 90. You also brought professions into the discussion which is a MASSIVE time sink. And I'm not talking about people with 10k or even 20k gold. That isn't a lot anymore. That's actually almost nothing now. I'm talking about people with 250,000g or 500,000g or at cap. These people must make up a fractional portion of the playerbase, and yet things like the BMAH and other fees and costs are balanced around them rather than the average player.

All I do is BGs/Dungeons/Raiding/Quests. Maybe I shouldn't have mounds of gold for that, but uh, aren't I playing the game and participating in the most important activities? (i.e: Social ones) I don't expect to have more gold than someone who puts in insane amounts of time. I just don't want to be punished with retardedly high prices based on the behavior of outliers.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.

i dont mind it. i have the water strider so while not being able to fly is a minor setback. i can run on land as easily as water. honestly though 10k gold seems a bit much for an alt.. as for me i always pay 4k for epic flying + the costs for riding below that.. but a hefty 10k seems too much. 2k wouldnt be a bad price... more acceptable.

@jaylock: you arent going to make 10k if u quest to lvl... unless u dont have heirlooms..and dont buy any flying at all.. you might break 9k but since the exp was cut from 80-85 theres way less quests to do for money. and usually proffessions cost much more money then they make until max lvl.
    Last edited by announced; 2013-01-19 at 07:51 AM.

Make it a BoA thing like the Cold Weather Flying tome was in Wrath, 10k gold allows one alt to fly in Pandaria at 85. I have four 90's now and getting the other 5 up is just going to be a huge pain.

no, pandaria is meant to quest on foot. being able to fly so early trivialize it too much.