Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    So, is the spreadsheet just dead?
    We're over half way through MOP already, most warriors have already had to rely on Simcraft so are kinda used to that by now. Landsoul's spreadsheets were amazing in the past but I have to question the point of developing it, to release it a month or two before all mechanics will change in 6.0, thats assuming it's finished by then.

I think he's taking on more than he can handle. Hopefully the current one in beta can be adapted to future expansions and be out a lot sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKefka06 View Post
    This was almost finished before 5.2 hit, but Landsoul had to fly out of state for a job opportunity, about 2 weeks before 5.2 hit, so that halted spreadsheet progression. With this tier coming to end for Exodus shortly, we should be seeing Landsoul streaming soon.
    We can only hope

Quote Originally Posted by galvin View Post
    I think he's taking on more than he can handle. Hopefully the current one in beta can be adapted to future expansions and be out a lot sooner.
    We wished for the same in Cataclysm, though didn't happen obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crushima View Post
    We're over half way through MOP already, most warriors have already had to rely on Simcraft so are kinda used to that by now. Landsoul's spreadsheets were amazing in the past but I have to question the point of developing it, to release it a month or two before all mechanics will change in 6.0, thats assuming it's finished by then.
    I have been using Simcraft and have to say it pales in comparison to the previous spreadsheets. It has improved vastly, but I wish Landsoul would get with them to help them out! Hell, maybe AMR can hire him! Viva la Landsoul.

I have been using Simcraft and have to say it pales in comparison to the previous spreadsheets.
    What features are you missing? Gear selection?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berthold View Post
    What features are you missing? Gear selection?
    It is not necessarily a feature issue, but since you asked:

I miss easily switching gear out, and reforging/gem/enchant within seconds. I have gotten as good as I can at simcraft, but it still takes me much longer to get an answer from it than it did when we used L's spreadsheet.

I also miss the nearly flawless +/- list on all items sorted by slot that was listed in order of dps increase that was customized for your character in the third tab. Want to know what xyz neckpeice would do for you without waiting 3 mins for a sim? just go to the third tab, go to the neckpiece slot section and find it on the list to see how much +/- dps compared to your current.

To clarify, you could sim your character once, then look at the lootlist for each slot and see what an item would do for your dps without re-importing then re-simming. If this is a current feature of SimC, I apologize for my ignorance.

You guys do have a great product, and I think everyone here greatly appreciates the effort you guys put in. Landsoul is just immortalized by his hard work past, and we are spoiled from it.

The main thing lacking in simcraft is the ability to change gear on the fly to see the difference. It's mainly a convenience thing.
    You can use chardev but meh.

Simcraft would be perfect if someone developped a UI to select gear for it, maybe as an addon.

Another thing is that simcraft is ridiculously slow when you do 10k+ iterations while calculating stat weights. It's easily 5 minutes on my computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    The main thing lacking in simcraft is the ability to change gear on the fly to see the difference. It's mainly a convenience thing.
    You can use chardev but meh.

Simcraft would be perfect if someone developped a UI to select gear for it, maybe as an addon.

Another thing is that simcraft is ridiculously slow when you do 10k+ iterations while calculating stat weights. It's easily 5 minutes on my computer.
    The first could be taken care of.. The latter not really as you need to generate a considerable dataset to get accurate results:-)

What works great is to generate your own statweights and then put them into askmrrobot. I could think of a tighter integration (maybe embedded into the executable instead of the chardev solution) but it wouldn't be much different.
    Last edited by Berthold; 2013-04-19 at 03:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Berthold, not a troll here, but have you ever used one of his spreadsheets?

Yes. Although that was a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordKefka06 View Post
    This was almost finished before 5.2 hit, but Landsoul had to fly out of state for a job opportunity, about 2 weeks before 5.2 hit, so that halted spreadsheet progression. With this tier coming to end for Exodus shortly, we should be seeing Landsoul streaming soon.
    i'm pretty sure he said on killars livestream that he would start streaming soon aswell

Agree what others have said. And I've asked for this before. Is a way to import gear from armory into simcraft. But without a built in reforger this feature will be useless.
    I think landsouls latest spreadsheet has a built in reforger. This is needed since when ever you change gear around it must be reforged.

10+ Year Old Account
    How likely would it be to have simcraft have a quick reference list to available gear to show net gains/losses in an easily readable and obtainable manner? Pretty sure after giving some thought that is the most missed feature from the spreadsheet for me personally.

I have been using Simcraft and have to say it pales in comparison to the previous spreadsheets. It has improved vastly, but I wish Landsoul would get with them to help them out! Hell, maybe AMR can hire him! Viva la Landsoul.
    I fully agree that Landsoul's spreadsheets were vastly better than Simcraft in the past, when they were available. However, Simcraft has been available from MOP release, we are now 7 months on from that point without any choice but Simcraft.