... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    I will try to find the post for you
    Thanks.
    How long until conf call?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Thanks.
    How long until conf call?
    3½ hours from now I believe, if my PST -> CET time conversion is correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    This thread going to blow up when reports come in. I kinda excited to see the results.
    I actually looking foward to see the responses aswell. Its very entertaining both ways.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 12:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    Zaeed beat me to it
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Woah, do you even read?

I said that i have no apparent proof, i just used what happend with my guild as an indication that subs have gone down and not risen. Look at the first thing i wrote Ben, i never said that the subs would be around 9-9.5m.

Why do people get so personally offended whenever someone mentions that WoW may have lost subs? It's an old game. Subs declining is a given thing at this point.
    I am not personally insulted, but I just took your anecdote of your guild of ... 800 ... people (sic) that was dissolved and most members going away. So it is quite clear that taking this example, one could argue WOW now has 100K subs. Why limit yourself to a wet thumb guess ?

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/weekly...hp?serverid=-1

Is the above correct ? No one knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    People do gotta take into account that the numbers presented today are the numbers until December 31st 2012 anything beyond that date wont be shown until May 2013 not only these but those numbers could be outdated already.

Christmas, don't forget that is very powerful tool in business & the market.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-02-07 at 06:10 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Oh yeah this was Q4. I'll change my prediction to -300k.
    Although if it's true that they gave free battle chest + 30 days for D3 players it will be a increase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Did you even read what you quoted? I said design and implement new tech so that you could do those things. Reading comprehension man.
    What you wrote is just poppycocks because CRZ itself is just ducttape; nothing serious. "New tech" isn't magick. They can easily enable x-realm arena and raid, but we both know why that isn't happening. Plus you can't really do AH-CRZ that dynamically like you can with CRZ, and at the moment you enable that you'll affect all economies so that isn't something you want to fool around with.

There's a much easier solution: allow X (I suggest X = 1) amount of FCM a month. Want more? Likely a AH goblin therefore: pay up. It allows players to migrate away from low pop if they prefer, and it also allows high pop servers to move to a low pop server should they prefer that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Although if it's true that they gave free battle chest + 30 days for D3 players it will be a increase.
    Wow, I just read that. Another silly move to distort the sub number.

Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    Wow, I just read that. Another silly move to distort the sub number.
    Sure buddy thats like saying every mmo that does promos are distorting there numbers and sales lol don't make me laugh sub numbers are sub numbers period.
    Last edited by mikencarly; 2013-02-07 at 06:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Oh yeah this was Q4. I'll change my prediction to -300k.
    Nothing wrong with free stuff it was only up to Wrath though.

Deleted
    Yes correct.

California is PST.

Here's a good converter http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

Here's time world wide by country http://www.happyzebra.com/timezones-worldclock/

The conference call starts at 1.30 PM PST (13.30 PST).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    Why does that matter. Do SA accounts not count? How about AU/NZ accounts? What about Asian accounts? They all count. This is so ridiculous thinking that NA/EU accounts only matter.
    It's part of the plan of those that claim Wow is dead/dying/on life support/broken/etc to marginalize subscriptions in various world regions to try and lend credence to their claim.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    I am not personally insulted, but I just took your anecdote of your guild of ... 800 ... people (sic) that was dissolved and most members going away. So it is quite clear that taking this example, one could argue WOW now has 100K subs. Why limit yourself to a wet thumb guess ?

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/weekly...hp?serverid=-1

Is the above correct ? No one knows.
    Not gonna bother replying as you understand something completely different then what i'm saying.

People do gotta take into account that the numbers presented today are the numbers until December 31st 2012 anything beyond that date wont be shown until May 2013 not only these but those numbers could be outdated already.
    You're asking the fox to stay away from the chickens.

10+ Year Old Account
    No I'm just letting people know & so they don't get there hopes up on either side of the fence. But it is true when Quarterly numbers come out those numbers are already outdated by the current that we will not see until May 2013.

In other words, I'm getting letting the fox know that getting to the chickens isn't a easy task.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-02-07 at 06:25 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The doomsayer prophets will hopefully be quiet since there's no competitor to shepard their flock of fearful mass quitters to.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by mikencarly View Post
    People keep thinking loss like its cata its not i'ts mop and it's alot more well liked then cata bigtime so atleast for me the subs will be the same or higher around 10.5 million tops or 10million.
    While MoP is a better expansion story and gameplay wise. It still has a lot of faults that have hurt it. The endless wall of dailies for example and the gating the main story behind them in 5.1, probably didn't help the subscription numbers. The overall hatred of CRZ and Blizzard's response to it, even going so far as to stomp out feedback threads on CRZ, probably is hurting them the most out of all the issues. So my guess is the subs will be around 8.5M-9M. Especially since many of the people who were giving feedback on CRZ did cancel their accounts, many of which had more than 1 account.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    No need to close servers, thats what CRZ is for. All they need to do is design and implement new tech that makes it so your seeing ppl from other servers more often and even letting cross realm guilds and cross realm raiding. Then you wont have to close servers and you can mask it behind you wanting to expand on CRZ and not the fact that there is less ppl playing.
    CRZ though needs a lot more work before it can even be considered finished. The two seater mounts must work again, and not dismount the passengers when crossing borders for it to be considered working. The screen freezes, flashing of the character when crossing the border must be stopped permanently to be considered working. People should be able to report and ignore cross realm griefers and not get "That character does not exist" errors. Until these game breaking problems with CRZ is fixed, it's not feasible to expand upon it unless the expanding fixes them problems. Till they are fixed, CRZ is a broken feature that should never of been released to begin with.

Christmas, don't forget that is very powerful tool in business & the market.
    Oh I have taken that into account. People started quitting over CRZ around october and november. Same with the dailies. So I am still keeping my estimate around 8.5M-9M subs. I'd be surprised if it is lower. Either way I think this will force Blizzard to change their ideology. Or at least I hope it does.

No I'm just letting people know & so they don't get there hopes up on either side of the fence. But it is true when Quarterly numbers come out those numbers are already outdated by the current that we will not see until May 2013.

In other words, I'm getting letting the fox know that getting to the chickens isn't a easy task.
    I know. Just saying people will twist whatever number comes out anyway.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    You'd have a point if not for the fact they are not 24/7 subscribed!

I'm well aware some businesses think like this. To them I say: welcome aboard to the 21st century! The whole reason of the name still working like this is legacy reasons, "we do it like this because that is how we've always done it."
    But they are.. As long as they have time on their account they can access the game 24/7

Quote Originally Posted by Alewen View Post
    While MoP is a better expansion story and gameplay wise. It still has a lot of faults that have hurt it. The endless wall of dailies for example and the gating the main story behind them in 5.1, probably didn't help the subscription numbers. The overall hatred of CRZ and Blizzard's response to it, even going so far as to stomp out feedback threads on CRZ, probably is hurting them the most out of all the issues. So my guess is the subs will be around 8.5M-9M. Especially since many of the people who were giving feedback on CRZ did cancel their accounts, many of which had more than 1 account.

CRZ though needs a lot more work before it can even be considered finished. The two seater mounts must work again, and not dismount the passengers when crossing borders for it to be considered working. The screen freezes, flashing of the character when crossing the border must be stopped permanently to be considered working. People should be able to report and ignore cross realm griefers and not get "That character does not exist" errors. Until these game breaking problems with CRZ is fixed, it's not feasible to expand upon it unless the expanding fixes them problems. Till they are fixed, CRZ is a broken feature that should never of been released to begin with.

Oh I have taken that into account. People started quitting over CRZ around october and november. Same with the dailies. So I am still keeping my estimate around 8.5M-9M subs. I'd be surprised if it is lower. Either way I think this will force Blizzard to change their ideology. Or at least I hope it does.
    Nothing will change there minds about crz it's a mmo not a single player game.