Page 31 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If an expansion sells 3-4 million units, that's how many people are really playing the game at most, imo. I never hear a concrete answer as to what the other 6-7 million players are still doing to stay occupied.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    the backtrack on dailies is probably the best indicator of subscription movement; or at the very least they saw a significant fall in playing time for people that were still subscribed, which would be a good indication that sub falls would follow. thats why it is so hard to predict movements in the sub numbers, because the inertia in the player base means that even when people stop playing, they dont immediately stop paying.
    I think it had more to do with the way they were structured with GL and SP. The kept the dailies for 5.1 but made them in one area only instead of 3-4 staging areas each day. I am sure they saw activity trends slow, I doubt anyone really quit over a small two week grind. Considering everyone on the forums harken back to Vanilla and TBC as the glory years when WoW was its grindiest.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    A lot of people dont think MoP is that better than Cata.

Finally, a lot of annual passes ended (and some are still ending this days).
    I think there are far more haters of Cata than MoP by a metric ton and I would put money on AP holders, for the most part, are people not likely to quit the game ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Because you have tons of reasons why people quit, while only a few why people play.

My guildy got a kid and quit.
    A guildy got married and quit.
    A guildy got a new job and had to quit.

But people don't start with WoW "because their kid died, because they got divorced or because they got fired."
    So everyone that quits is due to a change in personal circumstances and has nothing to do with their perceived quality of the game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    CRZ was not intended to solve low pop server problems. They were to fill low pop zones. Let me ask you, did you ever play EQ after the third of fourth expansion? If you did, you know there was no one in any of the non level capped zones ever. In a game that required you to be in groups to progress, this made things impossible and very lonely. WoW does not require you to be in a group to level, but it can still be very lonely and depressing not seeing any one else until you hit OL and then it's all DKs. CRZ was put in to give old emptier zones more life and that is all. Blizzard has stated this and refutes your claim.
    CRZ was put in to fill low population zones. That is it. Please don't fill between the lines with your own assumptions on why this is or is not the case.

As for sub numbers, I am calling it now; an increase by thirty trillion and a decrease AT THE SAME TIME of fifty billion trillion.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they announce Greg Street's promotion to Titan. That game really needs him at the helm.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimtide View Post
    If an expansion sells 3-4 million units, that's how many people are really playing the game at most, imo. I never hear a concrete answer as to what the other 6-7 million players are still doing to stay occupied.
    Some people have accounts with only TBC active and are doing 70 BGs and arenas still.

My prediction:

Lost 2million

Reasons:

-CRZ, dallies caused quits
    - General Polarazation of player base
    - Weak Xpac sales out the gate
    - Worldwide launch (a first) no asian bounce at 1st quarter bounce
    - Yearly passes are up
    - Lack of posts on official/unofficial forums meaning players gave up complaining

Hell, im just hoping the dividends are up on the stock i own.....
    Rel on Economics: "I'd wager most AH transaction are buy to flip sales. In fact most of the gold made is fake transactions to drive prices higher. Kinda like the whole financial collapse 2009...just saying..."

8 mil give or take 500k, standing solid

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    plus that quarter was when D3 released & the 8-9 months of Dargon Soil also way before GW2 even released.
    That too. Had completely forgotten D3 launched around that time. There hasn't been a big game a decade underway for this quarter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Some people have accounts with only TBC active and are doing 70 BGs and arenas still.
    You mean with only wrath

Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    how many hours a day do you have to play WoW?

how many hours a day do you want to waste playing WoW?

These are questions that have the answers as to why people have issues with dailies and the amount of time needed to catch up alts. It's NOT that any of it is hard...it's how much time you have or want to dedicate.
    You can do dailies pretty fast with one additional person. If you are in a guild and cannot find someone to run them with or have no in game friends to run with then that is of a different issue. Even though you can play this game alone it is best when played with others and designed to be played with others. My wife and I ran all the daily hubs together for fun the other day and got through them in 45min. Now, no one said you have to do every faction every day, and really pick one and complete it like the old days. With commendations it really doesn't take that long to hit exalted and it only takes around two weeks to hit revered with out commendations. If you are one that needs to do everything right away and do not have the time to commit then WoW is not for you. They are moving a way from the mistake of WotLK and Cata in terms of instant gratification.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonasknepper View Post
    You mean with only wrath
    Whatever baseline arenas are. I never got into them so I couldn't care less what level you have to be to do them

I doubt such accounts are numerous enough to have any meaningful impact on the total population.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Most players have real life work - not just WOW as their main work. Thats the thing. When playing a game becomes a chore - then something is wrong. Many of the reverted systems have forced ppl into playing every day if they want to progress (example the extra Valor from dungeons). Playing a game every day for months becomes boring - but if you dont - you feel like you loose out of progress (like not being able to fill Valor cap).

Cata had a happy medium. What failed in CATA was the content. It simply wasn't there. And BLizz doesn't have many more months in MOP for next patch. EVEN with their reverted more hardcore grind all over the place.
    Have a job and a kid, have all my factions with valor gear up to revered at least, raid 2 nights a week and have 3 alts that are at 480+ from LFR alone, yet I do not find it a chore, and have time for my family and social functions when they arise. It is all about time management. But really if you feel that a game is a chore then you need a break or need to find something else to do.

Deleted
    Whatever baseline arenas are. I never got into them so I couldn't care less what level you have to be to do them
    Baseline arenas are lvl 70, but Wrath is included in vanilla pack now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I doubt such accounts are numerous enough to have any meaningful impact on the total population.
    It's just an example of what people who don't have MoP do with their time. Use your imagination for the rest... sheesh

10+ Year Old Account
    he means they have wrath because the new default xpac is wrath, when u buy the basic game the game comes with TBC and WOTLK
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Yes, because dailies and CRZ are much much worse than 6 months without new content!

Polarazation of the playerbase? You really have to explain that word.

We don't know the xpac-sales exactly, there is nothing weak about 3 million copies sold within a week.
    Having a less explosive start has nothing to do with the overall sale.

The communication is better than ever?
    Popularization means the disconnect of the people that loath vs love the xpac and seeming have no middle gorund. Also: See 2012 election Republicans vs Democrats
    Rel on Economics: "I'd wager most AH transaction are buy to flip sales. In fact most of the gold made is fake transactions to drive prices higher. Kinda like the whole financial collapse 2009...just saying..."

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    I hope they announce Greg Street's promotion to Titan. That game really needs him at the helm.
    Last I heard Rob Pardo is overseeing that project.